Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Hi everyone. My name is Brian and live in the great state of Indiana (hence the Hoosier in my screenname). Been tent camping since I was a kid (let's just round it out to 40+ years of tent camping) and have carried on the tradition with my own family (typically car campers). Lucky to have a spouse and kids (2) that love it as much I do. Finally moved the kids to their own tent a couple of years ago (and wow-that changes the experience!)

I have been a longtime reader of the forum and have learned many tips/tricks from other members here...thought I might be able to add to the conversation and share whatever knowledge I have gained over the years.

Looking forward to being a part of this great community!
    2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
    Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
    Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
    Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Hello! I just found this forum and thought I'd join in the discussion. I love camping - mostly tent camping - and have since I was a little girl going camping with daddy. We live in East TN, so there's tons of camping available and we try to go as much as busy family schedules allow. Hubby doesn't camp too much, but I drag the kids along when I go. Sometimes they complain, sometimes they love it. Hubby wants to get a camper, so we've been looking at pop-ups, but haven't made the jump yet.

I'm looking forward to the forum!
      SB

Comment

Welcome to all the new members! Happy to see ya'll here!
        Married to Longpants, Mom to Littlepants (9) and Tinypants (5). Love Camping in New England!

Comment

Helloooo to each and everyone of youse!

Sorry I've missed giving a personal and timely shout out to each of you but just returned from my long camping trip of the year and of course there was prep time before going.

greggdd7- backatchoo and hope to hear more of you:D

bluestar- Whoaaaaaaaa! What a beautiful teardrop! I just love the multi coloured wood exterior....reminds me of a Woody. I've always been attracted to the shape but sit me next to your wife for the utilitarian end of it, LOL. My heart currently belongs to a modified teardrop produced by a Canadian company and am looking forward to hearing more of your trips and modifications.

Delaney- welcome nabe. There are some others here from LI and points .....west(? I'm directionally challenged:D) . Never been to Riverside but have enjoyed Watch Hill. A friend of mine lives in Nassau and has been trying to cajole me to give up CT camping for the Island. Help him to convince me.

JohnnyG- sounds like you're handy and I wonder if you've done any modifications on your bunkhouse?

pickpocketpoetry- how romantic and what a wonderful way to begin a new life together!:heart: All ears here. Big jump in lifestyles from SoCal to Chi-Town I'd imagine.

a65hoosier- Hiya Brian- jump right on in!

SBinTN- I truly believe my now grown kiddos are better people for the time spent camping with them as a family. It's part of why I continue the tradition with my DGD AKA the Princess.

Lola33 and BillP- reading your brief histories inspires me on many a level. Never give up!
          2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
          Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Hello!!!!!

My name is Brian and I live in PA. Been camping ever since I was a child, and I am 48 now, so I guess I am not a newbie. These days I mostly camp from the back of my 1981 Honda GoldWing, but it is easy to throw my things in the Jeep and go for a drive also. My primary tent is a Eureka Tetargon 9 and it gives me enough room to move around and lots of space for all my riding gear as I am rolling around, where ever that may be. However, as I am getting older, I am finding it harder and harder to move around in the morning after spending the night on the ground, so I am considering a new tent that will provide more space and let me use a cot. The search is half the fun of the purchase, so the fun is just beginning!

Comment

• Hello Everyone

My name is Jacob “Wolf” Solawetz. I am a young man, a student, and an outdoors man. I joined this forum to get in contact with others interested in the outdoors. I love to hunt fish and camp and especially talk about it. I keep a catalog of my thoughts at ruggedlifestyle.com. Check it out I am extremely interested in getting to know other outdoorsy bloggers and their sites.

Comment

Hi! Probably been 20 years since I camped regularly and I'm now getting back into it with the wife and our 7 kids. Looking forward to getting back to Natl. Forest camping- most likely Wisconsin as we're in N. Illinois. Glad to be here!

Comment

• Re: Hello Everyone

Hi Jacob, it is great to see another St. Louisan on here! I hope you find what you are looking for here and make some great contacts. I checked out your blog and it looks awesome! Will definitely have to go back and check it out some more in my free time.

Comment

• Re: Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone,

My wife and I have owned our motorhome for about 6 years now, when we 1st bought it we had friends that camped with us a few times a year, since then everyone has had kids and got married and moved on and leaves us without anyone we know to camp with. We do not have any kids and do have too many hobies but really love to use our camper when we can, and would more if we had others to go with. We live right in the middle of New York state near Syracuse, I worked for NY State Parks all through school and camped my whole life, even lived in a tent for 5 months once while working in a state park. We are both just short of 40 yrs old and do not have any kids, (no particular reason) but we just have not had any. Would love to find a group or just info on social gatherings in Ny that we may be able to attend. We have a 32' class A that is a few years old but in very nice shape, I need a shower in the am with hot water, LOL. We love to boat, and do have one but is much to large to tow with our current camper, we try to atten poker runs with the boat and take the camper from time to time. The forum here looks nice and hope everyone has a great summer, if anyone will be in the adirondecks this late summer of fall let us know and we would love to maybe meet some new people. Thanks.

Comment

Hi. I am new to the forum and came across it while doing research on tents for my family of 4. We have 2 small kids (2.5 and almost 4).

Comment

• Re: I live

Hi everyone!

It's Dave here from Oregon. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and learning and sharing ideas. I am a gear and camping addict and hope to meet you all soon.

dave

Comment

Hi there! I'm new here. I'm from North Texas and I camped a lot growing up. Mostly tents and pop ups. I'm trying to get my hubby into camping. Just trying to get all my information and knowledge so I can make it a good experience for him. I have a 7 yr old son that loves nature and I want to enjoy some time with my family without TV, computers, phones and tablets. Simple bonding over a fire can't get better.

Comment

Hello all - my name is Morris.

Apparently I registered back in 2012, but didn't recall it, so don't know if I have ever posted here. I goggled "camping forums" and it came up with a URL to 'complete the registration process' and here I am.

I am 75 yr old - retired aerospace engineer, retired professional photography studio owner, retired high school math teacher. I am very good at retiring from stuff!!!!

I love the outdoors and spent the summers of my teaching years touring the West on my motorcycle, but the family decided a few years ago that I had to give up the motorcycle and so I got a Jeep and continued on. Usually spent 4-6 weeks camping with a hotel stay every 4 or 5 days for a real shower and soft bed.

I retired from my teaching job in Louisiana and moved to Texas back in November - have spent all the time since then squaring away the new homestead. But we now live out in the country and I cannot leave the wife alone for my usual month away.

So I bought a pop-up camper and she agreed to go with me. First trip is coming weekend on a shake-down for a longer trip in late September or early October. We want to go see the Aspen colors in the mountains this fall. I have never been able to do that because of my work schedule.

Really looking forward to that - any suggestions?????

Comment

Hello and welcome to brianinpa, JacobSolawetz, delcrossv, LetsGo, aggiejos, and stewardc! Thanks for joining and hope to see you around the forums!
                              Married to Longpants, Mom to Littlepants (9) and Tinypants (5). Love Camping in New England!

Comment

Glad you are here. I recently joined and have found a great community. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help. We have a 2 year old and a one month old. Can't wait till they're a little older so we can get out more.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X