Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I live

My name is Ryan and I am new to the site. I am married and have a son that will be 3 in August. I live is Sweetwater TX so camping can be hard to come by without some serious travel. I love to hunt and fish so I really enjoy camping on the lake and at the deer lease. Some of my favorite memories growing up are camping with my dad and grandad and want the same for my son. My dad gave me the camping boxes that my grandad made over 40 years ago and it got me pumped to go camping again. Glad I found this site and hope that it helps give me some ideas to help make my trips memorable.

Comment

Hello Hello

My name is scott i am from Beautiful British Columbia Canada i am an avid outdoors man camping hiking fishing hunting the whole works and started my own business last year and now brought a awesome camping outdoor MUSTHAVE product to my product line called the ZAPSTRAPZ, all natural non toxic waterproof and reusable insect repellent bracelet. this thing is awesome and we are excited as parents and entrepreneurs to be able to have this available to other parents and enthusiast for its safety factor and how AWESOME it works Like REALLY works.... www.zapstrapz.com is the website we cant keep them on the shelves here in Canada and have them available for the US too :-) BC i one of the most beautiful places in the world for camping we are so lucky to be here and share our experiences..

Comment

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

hey guys scott from British Columbia Canada live in Maple ridge at the foot hills of the worlds best camping

Comment

Hi
          New guy here from Peck ks.

I do alot of my camping with the local boy scout troop. I really like tent camping but i also do have a 5th wheel
          My favorite thing to do when camping is cooking. I trying to get into the chuck wagon style of cooking.
          My other hobbies are taking my truck to car shows and my horses.

Looks like a good forum.

Comment

Hello,
            My name is Randy, and I have been a camper for the last 52 years! I started out camping with my folks
            way back when there was nothing but canvas tents. I got my wife started in camping before we got married, and
            now my kids all camp, and the grandkids are loving it. I have primitive camped, tent camped, tent snow camped,
            pop up camped, and now back to tent camping. We have a new Eureka Copper Canyon 8 and love it. Hobbies are many including camping, and all outdoor sports, along with woodworking. I'm a game call maker also. Hope to enjoy the forum for a long time and still learn as much as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglea1 View Post
              Hello,
              My name is Randy, and I have been a camper for the last 52 years! I started out camping with my folks
              way back when there was nothing but canvas tents. .
              I have been camping for 52 years too. We must be the same age. Canvass tents still are the bomb!
              Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
              sigpic

Comment

Hello folks! I'm a total noob, not just on the forum. I've camped once or twice in my life, but am very eager to take my kids out as often as possible. I've been slowly picking up gear when I can, but hope as time goes on we'll need a bit less of it each time we go out. Looking forward to learning from and laughing with all of you =]

Comment

Just registered, I am in West Central Georgia. I have done a lot of backpacking but I am just getting in to car camping, so I can camp more. I want to do some short and some long trips. Our first car camping adventure we drove straight through to Maine and worked our way back down the coast. The places were amazing but our gear was not. I have upgraded and am ready to get out there just need ideas of where to go. We'd like to do 1 long trip a year, like the one to Maine, and several short ones within the Southeast so I'm here looking for ideas. Also, you know those ads where people are pulled up in their car with their tent in the middle of nowhere (ie not a campground) do those places really exist? I love the campgrounds but I would like to camp in some of those places too.

Looking forward to it!

Comment

Hi, All, I am a relatively new camper... age 81. My first experience was with my deceased husband in a small tent... about 1972. It rained and RAINED.... the tent leaked and that was it for me. Hubby gave the tent to a son and we did the Holiday Inn bit for 37 years. Then, I met my present husband, John, age 83 on an online dating service. He had a very nice little Coleman pop-up and told me if I didn't like to camp he would sell it. One time out and I was hooked. I love it. John has been camping for over 50 years. We camped in it for about a year and it was getting harder for John to crank it up. So, in 2011 we bought a 26 ft Starcraft Autumn Ridge (with an electric lift). It has everything we need. Not being a seasoned camper, I had some issues with going to the public rest room to shower. Anyway, I'm glad to be here and look forward to visiting with you all. I will try to figure out how to post a photo of us.

Comment

Hi, New to the site, enjoy camping and fishing. Started out in the early 70's as a kid. Mom Dad and little sister camped in a 1966 Puma pop up pulled by a 1966 Ford LTD. Moved up in the world to a trophy travel trailer and a 1975 LTD wagon in later years. Took my 4 kids camping when they were little. Still camp with BSA troop 26 now and then, Have an Eagle and one on the way to eagle. I have owned a couple of stick and tin hard side trailers and a couple of popups over the years. Still have to work for a living so I do not get out as much as I would like. Have been using hotels more lately than camping, but I still have to stop and check out the campgrounds in the areas I am in. Just found a great one in Branson Mo. a month ago. City owned right on the river a short walk from downtown. Looking forward to learning new things and sharing some old. Bill in Illinois

Comment

Hello All,

Comment

Sorry I missed this yesterday when I registered. I'm married and have an adult daughter. We use to all tent camp together when she was young. The we bought a popup. A few years later we took some vacations to resorts. About 7 years ago I built a teardrop trailer to pull behind my Jeep Wrangler when I off road. Thought my wife would come with. She said her camping days are over. Well mine aren't, so now I go 8-9 times a year. I have met many other teardrop campers at gatherings that I meet around the country. So it's me and my dog on the road. She loves camping but is a bit of a bed hog.

Here is my rig...

My Camping Partner Marley...

Comment

Hello all my name is Dave from Long island NY .Married,have 1 kid and 3 dogs .The family and i try to camp at least 2 times a year maybe more if work permits. We usually go to (Indian island ) in Riverhead or my buddies property in the Catskills .We are tent campers but i am thinking of getting a RV of some kind soon just to make it easier with packing and the dogs and kid. Either way hello and looking forward to enjoying this sight and all the useful info on it. ttyl

Comment

Hello, my name is John. Like many others I have been camping all my life. Growing up camping in a tent and continued til my early 20's when I got my first Apache pop-up camper. Honestly didn't care for it much as it seemed like lots of work and with a growing family I wanted less work and more leisure time and enjoyment. Sold the pop-up after a few years and went back to tent camping for a time.

About 10 years ago I got my first travel trailer, a 1975-18' Aristocrat. For me, this made camping so much more enjoyable. We used the camper for both boon-docking and at full hook-up sites.

Just recently upgraded to a 1994 StarCraft 27' bunkhouse. It has exterior damage from a storm, only cosmetic, small dents. Everything works great and nothing is broken, and the interior is very nice. Paid $1300. Having a limited budget this is a big deal for my family. Going to get new tires and check the axles and bearings and embark on what I am calling the 4th chapter of our camping life.

So, hello to everyone!

Comment

Hi all, new here and recently moved to Southern California from Chicago. Avid camper, hiker and all around outdoor enthusiast. Haven't been able to get out in the woods for a little while so I'm planning a big trip to Yosemite for my bride-to-be and I for the near future and stumbled across your forum here. Decided I'd join and maybe get some useful intel. Thanks for having me!

Comment

Working...
                                X