Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I live

Hello! I'm excited to join this forum. My boyfriend and I LOVE being outdoors and being out in nature and we have just started to get into camping! We are fairly new campers, so I'm looking forward to getting much needed tips and ideas on camping from you all!!

Comment

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Welcome, we will try not to disappoint.
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

Hello, always happy to meet (virtually) new people with very helpful tips about the great outdoors! Eager to getting to chat with everyone!
        Visit www.gearspoke.com for all of your rental needs!

Comment

Hello all,
          I'm new to the forum but not new to camping! I'm 35 and used to camp every year up at King Canyon with my dad. Since then I've found myself wanting to do more and more camping on my own and with friends. I'm here to share ideas and (most importantly) find good and cheap camping gear websites!

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Matt and I am somewhat new to camping. I have only gone a handful of times and I am hooked! I live in Sumter, SC and I have two kids, (both boys) a wonderful wife of 7 years. All of my camping has only been at Myrtle Beach State Park which is an awesome place if you're ever in the area.

Comment

I'm yet another Mike that's new to this forum, but I'm an old hat at camping having started as a young kid with my parents and I'm over 60 now. I still prefer to throw my tent and other gear in my pickup and go. It's usually alone or with a friend as my wife suffers from asthma and can't handle the outdoors all that well.
              Mike Hampton
              If it's "it is," it's "it's" otherwise it's "its."

Comment

I don't want to be the complaining newbie here, but it doesn't look as if anyone has checked this forum for moderated posts since 9/24/14. I've joined since then and have tried to post a few times and always get the same "post will be checked by a moderator" message.
                Mike Hampton
                If it's "it is," it's "it's" otherwise it's "its."

Comment

Hi-
                  I'm new here! I'm also new to camping! I'd appreciate any advice you can give. I live in Southern California, but I love to travel to new locales.
                  New to camping in So Cal!

Comment

Gearspoke, median, matt29150, mhampton, MaryA ---> Welcome to the Forum!

mhampton - Hang in there...the moderator will eventually approve posts. Sometimes it is pretty quick....other times...not so much.
                    2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
                    Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
                    Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
                    Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

Mike,

I hear you! It is super nice to have someone on it daily so you can get feedback. I have been looking for other camping forums out there and it doesn't seem like there are too many others that are much better. In fact, I think this one is the best forum for numbers of people and interactions.

It sounds like you are my type of camper. Load up the tent camping gear and go for it. Are you also a DIY camper type? Hope to hear back from you.

dave

Comment

Hi all. Andy here. I'm trying to get into backpacking and camping so I joined this forum, hoping to learn as much as I can and hopefully make some positive contributions as well. I live in southern Alabama and work in the offshore oil industry out of Labuan, Malaysia. A big salute to all

Comment

Hi Andy! Welcome to the Forum!
                          2020: 7 nights 2019: 5 nights 2018: 20 nights 2017: 19 nights 2016: 20 nights
                          Spring->Fall: Marmots: Limestone 6P and 4P, Stormlight 3P, Tungsten 3P; SlumberJack Trail Tent 6P, BA Yahmonite 5P
                          Fall->Spring: Cabelas Instinct Alaskan Guide 8P, Field & Stream Cloudpeak 4P, Eastern Mountain Products Torrent 3P
                          Every season: Kelty Noah's Tarps- 20, 16, 12; REI Camp Tarp 16; BA Three Forks Shelter

sigpic

Comment

hey everybody! I'm justin! new here. use to camp a lot when i was a teenager and its been a few years. since its been getting cooler in the south i started pitching a tent on the airport I'm at on the weekends about a month ago. I'm now hooked! I've been staying in a $25 dollar walmart special and now I'm upgrading to a smaller but much more waterproof tent to help with the cold rainy season. I've been looking through the threads and have gotten some great ideas from y'all as i get more into it. on the path to becoming a van dweller (by choice) and figured i'd start incorporating car camping too . just wanted to say hi and you'll probably see more of me around here!

Comment

• hallo.,
                              I am alex. I am 25 years old.,
                              Nice to meet you all...

Comment

Hello, I'm Brian from the PA area. My fiancee and I had gotten into camping about 3 years ago, we love it( well I love it) she likes it lol. When we first started out we had a cheap tent, a lantern, two sleeping bags and a cooler.. needless to say we've come along way since then! We've went camping mostly in PA, but have also gone to Frontier town in Ocean City( We loved it there) Before my fiancee and I went camping neither of us had really ever gone before and I'm honestly now addicted. The first year we camping at more " family campgrounds" but the last two year we've done state parks and now is where we've started camping primarily. I'm excited to read some good tips and tricks here from more experienced campers and look forward to meeting some friends on here. Thanks for having me

Comment

Working...
                                X