Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I live

Hello, my name is Eric and I hail out of San Francisco. I'm also the co-founder of a new camping discovery and booking site called Hipcamp. You can check it out at www.hipcamp.com, I'd love to hear what you think!

Comment

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Mornin' all. Name's Scott - I am from the Kansas City area.

I have been camping, boating and fishing really most of my life. Raised by my grandparents my grandfather was THE Mountain man, hunted, fished, camped, hiked. He was a welder by trade, tough old dude, taught me early on all the ins and outs of camping, respecting the earth and nature. I just found this place a few days ago while I was researching tents online. (Never ceases to amaze me, if someone has a hobby, or something people are passionate about there WILL BE A FORUM) Normally over the years I have only been worried about myself or my wife and I camping ... now however - it's my wife, myself and our 50-60 lb dog Maggie (shepherd mix) soooo I want a bigger tent than my little 4 man that barely holds a queen inflatable. Stumbled on this place and I really like the community of online forums, I belong to several for cars, boats, trailer building (may try that someday) and DIY. So anyway, nice to meet y'all.

Comment

Hi! My name is Chad and I'm from Plum, PA. My parents took me camping when I was a kid, and ever since then I've been hooked on anything outdoors, from camping with boy scouts to deer hunting in the Alleghenies. Unfortunately not many of my friends are into outdoorsy stuff, so this looks like the place to be!

Comment

I've been checking out this site over the last few days and decided to register today and join the fun! Lots of good info/tips on here and I hope to be able to share as well.

Grew up camping with our family a lot in the typical "car camping" or "park and flop" way. As an adult I've enjoyed short 3-5 day backpacking trips as well as continuing to do car camping with my own wife and kids. This looks like a good spot to learn more about both!
          Nights camping in 2014: 18
          Nights camping in 2015: 24
          Nights camping in 2016: 20

North Face Tadpole 23 - Mountain Hardwear Casa 6 - Guide Gear 18x18 Teepee

Comment

I've been reading the forum for a while, but finally decided to register and join the fun. Growing up, my family camped a lot and often....and now that I've got kids now - we're starting to camp more as well. Look forward to sharing tips and experiences with others here.
            Nights camping in 2014: 18
            Nights camping in 2015: 24
            Nights camping in 2016: 20

North Face Tadpole 23 - Mountain Hardwear Casa 6 - Guide Gear 18x18 Teepee

Comment

hey guys!!!! i'm jaymie, 37 years young and live in richmond,va. me and my husband tent camp atleast twice a year, spring and fall. so nice to find a forum where we can chat with other crazy folks like myself!! i'm known as the queen of camp cooking and have awesome tips and tricks for all kinds of camp related stuff. glad to be here!!!!! and remember, camping is in-tents!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi. My name is Donna. I'm not an active camper, but I do set up a tent in my backyard for the summer and still get a tenting fix. I recently found an Academy Broadway tent #2240 at a yard sale, but it did not have the instructions in the bag. I am assuming the tent is old as I cannot even find it in a simple google search. I have also tried to contact the tent company but am hitting a deadend. I was wondering if anyone here ever had this tent and possibly the instructions.

Thank you.

Comment

Hello, my name is Erik, and I'm from Upstate NY. Last year I finished a four year contract that mostly involved me hiking through the woods for 40+ hours a week. Before that job, I didn't appreciate the outdoors. Now that the job is over, I really miss the wilderness. I am here to get some ideas for gear for future hiking/ camping trips (mostly solo). Glad to be here!

Comment

Hiya fellow campers! Shortpants here, we are a family of 4 (myself, DH, DD 5yo and DD almost 2 yo) from Vermont and we tent camp mostly at State Parks in VT and NH. I have been camping pretty much my whole life and LOVE it! Just took DH on his first "real" camping trip last summer, and he seems to like it enough to humor me and the girls and go along. LOL!

Happy to have found the forum, nice to "meet" you all.
                    Married to Longpants, Mom to Littlepants (9) and Tinypants (5). Love Camping in New England!

Comment

Hi all. I'm new here and this is my hello. I'm not a big time camper but I am hoping to change that soon. When I do camp now it is after whitewater rafting on the Lehigh River in Pennsylvania. We go as a big crowd which I really like but I want to do some family (3) camping and possibly some solo as well.

Historically I have been lucky enough to camp in the woods of Maine, Adirondak State Park, lower New York, and the beaches of France (one of the benefits of marrying a French woman.)

Comment

hello. My name is Mike. I'm in Central Oregon and have fun camping with the family and friends!

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Kim and my husband and two kids love to camp. We have been tent camping off and on for 15 years and our kids are 11 and 6. I'm looking for ideas on camping locations and pop up campers for sale thanks for having me to the forums

Comment

• Re: I live

New Here

I am an outdoor lover at heart and I'm looking forward to have a lot of fun here. Can't wait to share and learn from each of our experiences. Have a good day..

Comment

Greetings, my name is Lola, age 81, hubby John is 83. We live in beautiful southeast Iowa. Both widowed, we married 2 years ago. John had a Coleman pop-up which we traded for a 2011 26 ft Starcraft Autumn Ridge shortly before we married. I had not camped before being introduced in the Coleman. I was not comfortable in running to the bathhouse so we bought the new one as a wedding gift to each other. We've not taken trips more than about 200 miles from home. We pull the camper with a 2010 Lincoln Navigator L. John would like to make a trip to Rock Springs, WY to visit his brother and see Estes Park, CO once more. We mostly camp in county and state campground within Iowa and in the summer months at a KOA campground to visit my children about 150 miles away. I fell in love with camping the very first time I went and John has been a camper for over 60 years. We plan to keep on camping as long as our health allows. Looking forward to meeting you all.......

Comment

Hi everyone,

I used to camp as a kid with the family and 4-H. Did a bit as a young adult, and have started back in as a slightly older adult. I usually camp solo with my two dogs (Moose-dog and Bat-dog) in my 1975 American Clipper RV. I mostly do national forest campgrounds as they have the basic amenities (restrooms, potable water), the dogs are welcome on the trails (always on leash), and lots of scenic opportunities (amateur photographer). I do the occasional rally with the clipper club at RV Parks - not my idea of camping, but it works for the purpose. The dogs love camping and are mighty lizard hunters (well, in their minds at least - I think the lizards are laughing at them).

Toedtoes
                                “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Working...
                                X