Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: It's been a long winter...........

Originally posted by NYCgrrl View Post
    ...I can justify new shoe purchases in a nanosecond ...o yeahh and a few other items too :cool:. I thank my kiddos fer growing up, getting married, apologising fer being arrogant teens, thennnn asking me fer childcare tips and leaving my pocketbook to self...mostly:rolleyes:.....
    Hehehe....the most expensive article of clothing I own are shoes. Boots for the Renaissance Festival
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Comment

Re: It's been a long winter...........

I finally got around to setting up my Alaknak in the backyard yesterday. With the assistance of my five year old we got everything set up in just under two hours. Not bad considering that time included taking everything out of the box and reading over the directions and such. My five year old son was excited to help but as expected he got in the way more than a couple times. The tent is a piece of cake to set up. The part that took some time was getting all the guy lines set. With the vestibule there are 16 guy lines. With two adults I'm guessing the tent should take no longer than 45 minutes to an hour to set up.

The boys and I will sleep in the tent tomorrow and Saturday. It still gets quite cool at night (mid twenties to low thirties) so I plan on setting up the wood stove.

I would like to keep the tent up for a week or two and then the last weekend in April or the first weekend of May the plan is to get out and travel to a dispersed site that sits on a lake in northern MN.

If I can figure out how to do it I will try to post a couple pics.

Comment

Working...
      X