Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Just joined, found this site while surfing for canoe camping ideas. My son and I are heading out for a 3 day trip this coming weekend in the U.P. (Michigan) on a small chain of no motor lakes.

Comment

We are a family of 4 and love to camp at state parks/lakes. We have been camping for eight years and can't wait to get every time! We recently invested in our best tent yet, the Coleman Prairie Breeze. We were searching on google for ideas and that's when we came across this site.

Comment

• Re: I live

Well hello! I'm John. Camped a few years back, got out of it; really wanna get back into it. My wife and I love to travel. My wife and I do not love motels! We even tried some of the nice ones! You know what a high dollar resort is? It's a crummy one bedroom apartment that you paid a lot of money for so you think it's special!

So; here I am! Hoping to gather some more info as we try to continue our travels in a tent. We've considered the popup route too but you can't pull one of those behind a motorcycle (but you can pull a cargo trailer holding a tent and gear!) and I just don't think we can imagine a long trip without our bikes! :P

Comment

Hello fellow Camp Lovers!

My name is Sarah Luck and I try to make an effort of going camping at least once a month for as many months as a physically possible before it gets too cold to bare!

Comment

just registered, glad too find the site. Family loves the outdoors, i like the AC but compromise. Love too camp though, so all is well. Name is Joshua, wife is Sarah, we have 5 kids, so camping is always a fun time for us! We live in Va., just got out the 1st weekend this year for short weekend camping trip nearby us, got soaked, so were looking for new tent now big enough too fit us all. going on a longer camping adventure later this month.

Comment

I'm Jordan. Just joined. I enjoy camping with family and friends as often as possible. I'm joining to be able to ask questions and get great ideas

Comment

Greetings all, family of three that loves camping and adventure travel. If you see this truck then you've seen us. We used to be rucksack/tent campers but now with the addition of a new family member we've opted for the truck/tent camping option so we can have basecamp a little bit closer to us when the "Mommie/Poppa, I'm tired" comments start to be heard.

Best wishes,
                WanderinWhitlows
                Attached Files
                Best wishes,
                The Wanderin' Whitlows

Comment

Welcome Wanderin! Hope your stay with us will be a long & continued camping journey! Nice rig!
                  Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                  Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Hi, I'm Victoria. I'm a barista in Portland, Ore., who loves camping here in the Pacific Northwest, and who's planning a trip to the Southwest soon. Other passions include photography and writing.

Comment

• Re: Just registered

hello! im jed, i'm quite new to camping and i'm also here to gather information about camping and related stuffs.

Comment

hi,my name is jerry ,newbie as of today,glad to find this forum. We are Tent Campers,having camped in the Florida Everglades a few times and in the Outer Banks Of N.C. This year we want to go to Kentucky,but are having a very hard time picking a national campground. I have a senior pass so i makes it more affordable.Does anyone have any knowledge about Kentucky's national campsites(reviews?) there are so many and i know nothing of them. Which are best for tent campers and which are maybe flooded? sure would appreciate any info. Thanks Jerry

Comment

We are Tim & Darlene We have been camping for lots years tent and pop up mostly, I mostly go camping to go fishing. But we enjoy getting out of the house too!!

Comment

Just registered on the forum and looking forward to being a part of this forum - we are in the process of purchasing a tent and starting to tent camp. For a variety of reasons - we have sold our TT and need a simplier version of this great hobby. So, we are looking to simplify the whole process (I tend to go over board) with "extras".

Comment

Greetings all...although I had not camped out in several years, I grew up camping in and around the Smokey mountains when things were a bit simpler and not as many folk around. It was much easier to just pack up and go out somewhere and set up camp. Now, it does not appear so. However, I realized how much I missed it after an impulse (that I followed up on) to make a tour through Wyoming and parts of South Dakota. It is just me and the missus and although I miss not having the kids around, it does make things a bit easier. All of that being said, I have dusted off all of my old Coleman lanterns and stoves (yes I still have the old ones, one lantern dating back to March 1955 that gave us light with I was just a wee one camping out on the shores of Lake Chatuge in Hiawassee, GA), looking to upgrade the tent (had to just buy on on the fly for the impulse trip), and looking at the "new" stuff that is out there.

I am really looking forward to not only doing more tent camping but in learning and sharing from the others on the board.

-Lott

Comment

You are at the right place. Lot's of fun people here with a lot of knowledge.
                                Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X