No announcement yet.

What music do you like when camping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What music do you like when camping?

Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Brahms, Wagner, just about any classical music, but strictly on the IPod with earbuds. I don't inflict my musical tastes on other people, and I usually don't want to hear their's.

Comment

Mostly I like the sounds of nature. If I listen to music I keep it real low or I wear ear buds, so as not to ruin my neighbors camping experience. That being said I like most 70's rock, certain celtic selections, and those softer tunes that just seem to fit into the outdoor experience

Comment

Go big or go home, I say. We always cut it way back at quiet time, and never have a problem with our neighbors - and we're friendly folk, so they'd let us know anyway. Recently we've added two new artists to our discography: Bill Bass's Steel Pans (Tp's just back from the Carribbean this summer) and Bill Frissell, Jazz Guitarist. Instrumentals, yep, but huge crossover "campfire" appeal!

Kenwood/Polk 200W campsite system:

“People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

I was sooo happy that I heard no music of any kind most days when I was camping for my 2 week trip. The one night I camped in TX at the Lake Meredith campground I heard a lot of loud rock music late at night. I seemed to come from nearby, but when I got out of my tent to look, I was coming from clear across the lake! They finally stopped partying and I got some sleep.. I hate to sound like a grumpy stick in the mud, but I really rather hear nothing but the sounds of nature around me. No offense, but tastes in music vary a lot and just as you might hate my music, I assure you that your music will bug the crap out of me. I promise I'll play no music for you to hear, and I beg you to play no music for me to hear.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart and peace out.

Comment

It would really depend on who I'm camping with. When I'm with my friends, it's those hits back during the 90s. Reminds us of our more carefree days back in college.

Comment

@eaglebait ranch - I'm "with-ya" on listening to nature's music when I go camping.

This post kinda caught me off-guard because I never listen to music when camping,

except... I have heard the music of waking to a fresh snow, and you are right -you will find yourself just staring around amazed at the softness of the sound of silence. It's palpable.

Comment

Rusted Root, Big Smith, Dallas Jones and some Ozark Mountain Daredevils. Just about any bluegrass music works as well.

Comment

When I camp, I might have some music going while I'm setting up, or packing up, depending on if I brought a tape or can get radio reception where I am.
                  Once it's time to lock the truck, they radio goes off, and the cell goes into the console. If nature doesn't make it, I don't want to hear it.
                  Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

how we can download music from youtube?

Comment

Working...
                    X