What music do you like when camping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What music do you like when camping?

On a day to day basis, I enjoy almost all types of music, but when camping I prefer some Country music and Native American drum sounds.

A good CD I bought at the Grand Canyon is David and Steve Gordon, Sacred Drum Visions. It really enhances my 'nature side'!

Oh, I must add that when I listen while camping, it is at a respectable volume.
    Also, I do think that nature makes the best music, but I still like to listen sometimes, especially on the drive to the camp!

What do you all like?
    Last edited by SilverMaggie; 02-04-2010, 08:27 PM.
    My Other Interest

The Blues!

For me...it's The Blues and Bob Dylan! Period! People say say the blues will bring you down...but I say as the blues will bring you up when you've been down so dog-gone long! Albert King, Muddy Waters, BB King, Little Milton , Charlie Musselwhite, Gov't Mule and of course Stevie Ray Vaughan! And Bob Dylan! Acoustic Eric Clapton too! Neil Young! and on sometimes Black Sabbath! Nothing but the Blues! Classic Rock came from the blues!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I don't like listening to anything while I'm camping. However, on the way to where we're going, especially if it's at night, I love to listen to trance.

Comment

French jazz from Quebec is nice played lowly while chatting and sipping black coffee around a birch fire.
        The song below is for days as today.
        Southern Indiana already had six inches of snow on the ground. Overnight another six descended upon us and it is still snowing. Until past noon Wednesday the forecast tell us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYeZW_gHFf0

Comment

Several years ago we were camped in a small private area
          in northern Indiana.
          Then as I fished a pine lined small bay, something very
          eerie and beutiful happened. It was nearly dark and only the swaying pines made a sound.
          Then as if from the past the sound of mandolin and male singer faintly carried thru the trees.
          Made for a perfect ending for a perfect day.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG8WFxAlXDE

Comment

Originally posted by angler57 View Post
            Several years ago we were camped in a small private area
            in northern Indiana.
            Then as I fished a pine lined small bay, something very
            eerie and beutiful happened. It was nearly dark and only the swaying pines made a sound.
            Then as if from the past the sound of mandolin and male singer faintly carried thru the trees.
            Made for a perfect ending for a perfect day.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG8WFxAlXDE

That sounds like the best music there is
            My Other Interest

Comment

I generally don't listen to music when camping, but on the rare occasions when I do, it's either "Golden Oldies" from the 60's & 70's (what I grew up with) or Celtic music - Enya and Loreena McKennit being favorites.

On the road travelling, it's the Golden Oldies rock and some old-style Country-Western (I detest the "New Country").
              Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Depending on the type of camping will depend on the music. If I'm roughing it then I pack my harmonica in my backpack. If its with the family on a trip we love listening to John Denver...grew up listening to him and still listen intently to his folk songs every summer on our trip to Colorado. My favorite music of all time is country though...
                "Survival isn't learned overnight" ~XXXMoonshineXXX~
                sigpic

Comment

Will show my age here. Music from my generation. Viscounts. On gloomy days as today when drifting snow and cold make camping not an option. Enjoy stay at home music.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfAv8yAaHps
                  Last edited by angler57; 02-10-2010, 05:28 AM.

Comment

Frogs, owls, coyotes, silence are probably my favorite kind of music while in the back country. There is NOTHING as beautiful as waking up to the silence of a snowfall.

Now, driving to the trail head, or headin' home, I listen to Eric Clapton, Peter Frampton, Buddy Guy, Diana Kroll, Ray Charles, and/or Stacy Kent, for starters.
                    Chuck
                    So. Oregon
                    TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
                    TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
                    SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

2 words
                      Bob Marley

Comment

Nothing better to me than "good ole southern rock". Lynard Skynard, Charlie Daniels Band, Marshall Tucker even ole Waylon, Willie and Hank Jr.

But down deep, probably my most favorite, ELVIS:D.

Guess I've told my age haven't I?:eek:

Archie

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdog57 View Post
                          I generally don't listen to music when camping, but on the rare occasions when I do, it's either "Golden Oldies" from the 60's & 70's (what I grew up with) or Celtic music - Enya and Loreena McKennit being favorites.

On the road travelling, it's the Golden Oldies rock and some old-style Country-Western (I detest the "New Country").
                          Ahh yes, Loreena McKennitt. A couple years back, after supper I threw on The Book of Secrets cd. I played it from beginning to end. The cool part? When the cd was over, we got applause from a couple of nearby campsites.
                          The next day, a couple folks came by and asked what it was that I had played.
                          We generally try to keep things pretty mellow when we play at the campground. Tori Amos, Sarah McClachlan, Kate Bush, stuff like that.

Comment

Camping music

When I camp I generally don't listen to music because Disturbed or Metallica just isn't very fitting. However when I was a kid my parents listened to music that I always referred to as "Camping Music". To this this day whenever I hear Lionel Richie and other random 80s tunes camping is all I think about.
                            Needs for Facebook Fans. My mom doesn't really count. http://bit.ly/d7QHYI

Comment

See what you have gone and done. Your gone and made me date myself.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vThuwa5RZU

Comment

Working...
                              X