What music do you like when camping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigdog57 View Post
    Were I assailed with that cRap stuff, we'd have a "Come To Jesus Meeting" real quick.

Headphones are a Godsend - for those playing that stuff!
    cRap.... That's funny. :D Thanks for the laugh.

Comment

The last 2 camps we were within 100ft of a rushing stream so the IPOD w/dock stayed in the truck. The sounds of nature were better than anything we had on the IPOD. The few times we have elected to play music it has been a mix...everything from country to rock with a lil of bit of 70's rock mixed in. Its hard to beat the tunes of Mother Nature.

Comment

Anything from the Beatles to the Misfits

Comment

Originally posted by Fieldsy View Post
          Anything from the Beatles to the Misfits
          I would think the misfits would scare away the wildlife. :D

Comment

Originally posted by WVcamper View Post
            I would think the misfits would scare away the wildlife. :D
            I don't crank up the music, but if it keeps away flies and mosquitoes then rock on :D

Comment

Music

When out in the wilds a nice bit of Cajun goes down well."Laisser les bon temps rouler !!"( let the good times roll ).
              Also Bob Dylan at any time mixed in with Eagles,Crosby , Stills, Nash and Young,Poco,America -"Horse with No Name" - best traveling song ever.
              Zydeco Joe

Comment

Re: What music do you like when camping?

Country or 40's pop songs. XM Radio.

Comment

Re: The Blues!

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
                  For me...it's The Blues and Bob Dylan! Period! People say say the blues will bring you down...but I say as the blues will bring you up when you've been down so dog-gone long! Albert King, Muddy Waters, BB King, Little Milton , Charlie Musselwhite, Gov't Mule and of course Stevie Ray Vaughan! And Bob Dylan! Acoustic Eric Clapton too! Neil Young! and on sometimes Black Sabbath! Nothing but the Blues! Classic Rock came from the blues!
                  RD, if you like the blues, you have got to get some Buddy Guy in your play list, and don't forget Jimy Hendrix, he was a hell of a bluesman!

However, I think I rather not hear any music when I'm trying to commune with nature. I really would appreciate if any nearby campers were music lovers, they would kindly use earphones

Comment

Re: The Blues!

I bring a radio, and have the ipod hooked to it as well. But, usually I just listen to the wind, the birds, and the general sounds of people having fun camping. I usually let my ipod play really quietly when I hit the air mattress, it helps me sleep.

Comment

I don't bring music, I just want to listen to the sounds of nature when I go camping. Hearing other peoples music would ruin a trip for me. But, I go to the backcountry when I camp, so it isn't always an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Gordie View Post
                        I don't bring music, I just want to listen to the sounds of nature when I go camping. Hearing other peoples music would ruin a trip for me.
                        +1

Leave No Trace
                        Principle #7: Be Considerate of Other Visitors: "Let nature's sounds prevail. Avoid loud voices and noises"
                        Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Originally posted by GlitterHiker View Post
                          +1

Leave No Trace
                          Principle #7: Be Considerate of Other Visitors: "Let nature's sounds prevail. Avoid loud voices and noises"
                          Except while shouting at bears to make them go away :D

Comment

While fishing along the shores of a campground in nothern Indiana. I eased the kayak along a tree
                            lined shore near sunset and heard the tune below drifting thru the trees.
                            Now, I do agree that silence can be golden while camping.
                            But, this tune played by guitar seemed as if it belonged among the wood as night fell.

http://youtu.be/qAxJ2htZ4p0

Comment

Angler, many thanks are due....you have brought an air of admiration to our humble forum! Thanks for the enlightenment!
                              Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                              Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by angler57 View Post
                                But, this tune played by guitar seemed as if it belonged among the wood as night fell.

http://youtu.be/qAxJ2htZ4p0
                                That is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing. (I love solo classical guitar and solo piano; and Greensleeves is one of my all-time favorites.)

Over the past few years though, I've also gravitated towards contemporary Bedouin music. Listening to this group just evokes the desert, camels, and sunset to me. This is the only clip I could find, which is a bit more "electronic" than most of their recordings.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVO2NaTNG3M
                                Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Working...
                                X