No announcement yet.

What music do you like when camping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Almost forgot. One of my favorite albums of all time, George Winston's December album. Not quite seasonal to camping, but still a great spin when out in the woods.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKZpjoKqkGc
    Last edited by Stone; 03-19-2010, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Watcch this several times a week. This is one of my favorite passtimes while in Canada..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2XV33cs9b4

Comment

Oh what a feeling.. when you're..

Dancing on the ceiling..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdQDXs75Ulo
        Needs for Facebook Fans. My mom doesn't really count. http://bit.ly/d7QHYI

Comment

Familycampman
          Oops. I thought you meant this lovely lady with a golden voice
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLugludAUiA

Comment

Originally posted by timmy96815 View Post
            2 words
            Bob Marley
            Oh, Yea!!

But when camping I hardly ever listen to music. Just the sounds of nature is my music.

Comment

TPLIFE & Co. take 160 CDs and two Ipods on average feeding a 200-watt Kenwood Ipod-ready stereo in a JBL Seagm marine enclosure running off a 12V Optima house battery into a pair of Polk Atrium 45 mil-spec waterproof loudspeakers. The LED multi-colored lights add a nice effect to the music. We play everything from Hank (Sr.,Jr.,III) to Hendrix with blues masters, metal, pop vocalists and even hip hop. It's a very pleasant atmosphere and I wouldn't camp without the sound of beautiful music.
              “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
              ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

I am very happy for you. And, am sure you are a very nice fellow. Am so very glad you are lucky enough to live and camp on the west coast.

Comment

I take my Ipod and Sirius boom box, Pearl Jam, Neil Young, Johnny Cash,The Stones, Clutch, Buckethead are some of my favorites neighbors are not a concern so volume is not a issue.

Comment

Originally posted by angler57 View Post
                    I am very happy for you. And, am sure you are a very nice fellow. Am so very glad you are lucky enough to live and camp on the west coast.
                    Tplife & Co camp on the east coast as well, since I hail from there. Hope to appear at a campsite near YOU soon! :D
                    “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                    ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Being a native N.Irishman, I have to admit to enjoying Celtic and Irish folk music - the stuff with tin whistles and fiddles that keeps the toes tapping!
                      TrailerMan
                      ---------------------
                      Living In A Glendale Camper

Comment

My music preferences

We love mellow music when we camp if we're in a woodsy-type of atmosphere or camping on our boat - Jimmy Buffet, Garth Brooks, old classic rock like the Eagles. However, if we were camping at a racetrack, it would be much more loud and rowdy, I'm sure! Then anything would go except classical. And something tells me my acapella music wouldn't go over well with the NASCAR crowd either, LOL. I have a boombox with an iPod dock, so always lots of good tunes available, no matter what the mood or the atmosphere.

__________________________________________________ ____
                        The LED flashlight - the ultimate camping accessory!

Comment

I can't pass up a music thread. :D Music is such a huge part of my life. I've played in several bands since Jr High and listen to all types of music with the exception of rap. But recently on my last camping trip I found that for me music and camping don't mix. A fella up the hill from us had brought along a radio and played it about four hours one night and I couldn't wait til he turned it off. I took to camping as a means to get away and while any other time I wouldn't mind hearing music in the back ground, when outdoors all I want to hear is nature and the crackling of the campfire.

That aside, to my campsite, trip home and everyday life BlueGrass is my No.#1 choice of music.

Comment

Much like wvcamper, we "generally" prefer the peace, solitude and sounds of nature when we camp....there are exceptions of course. At a more crowded organized campground we'll sometimes bring music along to drown out the noise from neighboring sites that might not be our taste. She's a little bit country, I'm a little bit rock and roll...so usually an even mix. Despite the cheap quote, donnie and marie don't usually make our list.

Comment

Were I assailed with that cRap stuff, we'd have a "Come To Jesus Meeting" real quick.

Headphones are a Godsend - for those playing that stuff!
                              Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Yeah, now I'm mellowing out. We took the Ipod and speaker-dock, I even hooked it all up but this trip the day birds woke us at 4:30 AM and the frogs put us to sleep at 9 PM. It was a beautiful symphony throughout the day and night. Even when I would wake up at 1 PM to turn on Mr. Heater to chase out the chill there was at least one bull frog still singing at his own expense! We are gonna leave Ms Ipod home from now on, by cracky! Maybe?
                                Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                                Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
                                X