Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy Sandy,
    Welcome to the campfire! Hope your stay with us will be a long and happy one!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• welcome vegascampfam, rspaulding, and Sandy
      glad to have you here. looking forward to your camping and exploring stories.
      JP
      2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
      2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
      I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

• Hi Erick here. I'm from south east Michigan I grew up camping with my parents. Tent camping but we brought the house. I have a wife and 2 kids both boys oldest is 5. they love camping well I think it's just the staying up late and smores but hey the memories.

Right now we are tent campers hope to move into a pop-up once the ecomony picks up (I am an automotive enginner), we are avid cyclists, mountain biking mostly, so we like to focus our camping trips around mountain bike trails/my races.

I hope go get some tips to do more with less, and refine my camping abilities and not go off of my childhood memories of how my parents did it 20 years ago.

Comment

• heyyy

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to say hi. I love the outdoors and camping is one of my favorite activities. Hope to get to know all of you soon :-).

Thanks,
          Izo

Comment

• welcome izoo,
            glad your here. hope to hear your camping tips and stories
            I am not lost, I am here

Comment

• And you too, Billy Bob! Welcome to the best camping boards around!

Comment

• Hello everyone. I'm from north western Montana. Up until a couple of months ago I was a die-hard tent camper and never considered buying a travel trailer or camper of any kind. Then my wife started buggin about this travel trailer that was for sale close to our house......next thing you know its parked in our driveway.
                I usually camp as far off the beaten path as possible which is why I've resisted any type of "camper" until now. I have yet to stay in an actual RV park type campground, we usually drag our TT up in the woods to places with no services or other campers to annoy us or us annoy them.
                I have to admit it sure makes getting out easier when you have a 2 year old and 4 dogs.
                Thanks in advance for answering my stupid questions as I'm sure I'll have many since I'm new to owning/maintaining/repairing travel trailers.

Comment

• welcome cuzican,
                  Glad to have you here on the forum. Looking forward to hearing about camping in Montana.
                  JP
                  I am not lost, I am here

Comment

• Hey everyone, I'm from Pennsylvania and I'm a geologist, so sleeping among the rocks and in the wilderness is my thing. I look forward to trading camping ideas with you all.

Comment

• OLD New member

To explain above title. We are a 70 year old. Wife and I have camped ?50?
                      years. Began in a tent, with a nearly new born, bundled in cushions and
                      blankets.
                      Have had tents, pop-ups, class c JayCo (28ft.) And for past 12 years a
                      1985 Roadtrek Versatile. (Class B) Still with less than a hundred-thousand miles on the lady. Before JCo an Explored on a Dodge 318. (ClassB)
                      Have fished and boated for as long as can remember.
                      Wife was a farm girl, never fished or boated. She can now bank or boat a
                      steelhead or laker as well as any man. And, on the Chi-Cheemaun she
                      can enjoy a full meal on the rougest of crossings. Am very interested in camping and fishing on eastern half of U.P. of Michigan.
                      Last edited by renodesertfox; 08-14-2009, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Howdy Angler57,
                        Hope you don't mind but you had your font in a red color and it wasn't working too good here so I changed it for you. Welcome to the campfire! Please feel free to enliven us with some tales from the area where you are from, Indianna, right? Thanks for joining!

Comment

• Howdy desertfox; Not much interesting about us. We even bore ourselves at times. Camp mostly in Kentucky. Son lives in Lexington Ky. Camp near Frankfort Ky. Elkhorn Creek camp.
                          Good kayaking and smallmouth. Camp next to creek bank.
                          Recent ten years have visited Ontario, Canada each year, in either spring or fall. First year fishing there, learned a valueable
                          lesson. Never drop a large northern pike into your lap in a kayak.

Comment

• That's a great intro Angler, northern's can be a bit rough out of water, I know what you mean. Perhaps you might want to start a new thread with some of your fishing/camping stories...we would love to hear! Go ahead, start a new thread, anyone can start one. This one is just to say hi and introducing one's self to the camping community. Thanks for taking the time to join and hanging in there while your first half dozen posts/threads are moderated. But once thru then there is just about any topic open to discuss about camping except religion and politics. Welcome to the camping message board.

Comment

• hello

I was told to say hello here. Hello.

Comment

• Hello back, thanks for joining!

Comment

Working...
                                X