Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello campingforums, my name is Nick and I'm a college student in Chicago.

I've never done any "real camping" before, but I'm jumping head first into it this summer. The real deal, just me and my backpack (please look at my help request thread regarding this) going as far as the little money I have, the graciousness of the people of the midwest, and my own two legs can take me.

It's going to be a trial by fire, so please help me to prepare!

Comment

Originally posted by magoonick View Post
      Hello campingforums, my name is Nick and I'm a college student in Chicago.

I've never done any "real camping" before, but I'm jumping head first into it this summer. The real deal, just me and my backpack (please look at my help request thread regarding this) going as far as the little money I have, the graciousness of the people of the midwest, and my own two legs can take me.

It's going to be a trial by fire, so please help me to prepare!
      Howdy magoonick,
      Welcome to the camping boards! Hope your stay will be a long and happy journey into your favorite past-time, Camping!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Hello all, my name is Chris and I'm a 30ish partially-disabled Former US Marine, currently residing in FL but considering a move to either NC or CA for some camping and backpacking/riding.

Comment

Howdy CJ USMC,
          Welcome to the camping boards! We all hope your stay here will be a long and happy ride, camping, camping and yes, camping!

Comment

HI CJ USMC !!
            glad you are here. Checkout the southwest and southeast sections
            2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
            2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
            I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

Originally posted by CJ USMC View Post
              Hello all, my name is Chris and I'm a 30ish partially-disabled Former US Marine, currently residing in FL but considering a move to either NC or CA for some camping and backpacking/riding.
              Hey Devil! Welcome aboard! There's not many of us here on the boards but we are a pretty tight nip family I'm a Marine as well... very much disabled no partially here haha There's a few veterans here as well! If you need anything I'll be digging the trench around the perimeter

Sgt. G
              Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
              USMC Retired
              Scout/Sniper

Comment

Hi, my name is Cheri and I am 34 years old. I am new to camping. As a matter of fact the first time I camped was last year for 2 nights. Since then I have camped one other time this year in the Everglades for a couple of nights. I am looking forward to getting to know you guys and learn from all of you! By the way, I am a tent camper.

Comment

hi

hi there,
                  i'm racko... i just started out here... hope to learn new stuffs... thanks...

Comment

herbiesmomma,
                    welcome to the forums. You should find many tips and much help in the tent camping forum.
                    What was camping in the Everglades like?
                    2006 GMC Sierra 1500 HD Crewcab
                    2004 Rockwood Freedom 1640 LTD
                    I am not lost, I am here

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

Comment

• Camping in the Everglades was great! We camped down in Flamingo. It was actually free- we soon found out why. We went the second weekend in May, which is the beginning of the wet season. We only got a sprinkle of rain in the early mornings. The rain woke up every single bug in the park! We were eaten alive! We used 40% deet off and camp fogger- neither of which worked for more than five minutes. I cannot wait to go back though. It was so quiet and peaceful. There are so many awesome trails for hiking. I think everyone should experience it at least once in their lifetime.

Comment

• Hello all

Hello all, my name is Matt and I am 28 years old. I am a life long camper. My wife and I have two girls who love to camp. We are tent campers who are looking to make the move to a pop up some time next year. We live in Vegas and do most of our camping in Utah and Colorado. Just found your forum and had to see what it was all about. Hope to talk to you all soon and maby get some good tips for the next outing.

Comment

• Howdy Vegascampfam,
                          This topic is strictly for sayin' howdy. If you are answering someone's question please from here on start a new topic. This thread is only designed and organized to say hi, thank you. BTW, welcome aboard the best camping boards around this whole wide world! I hope your stay with us will be a long and happy journey chatting about camping!

Comment

• Hi! I'm new here... I'm in Minnesota and I'm in love with nature and the exploration of it!

Comment

• Originally posted by rspaulding View Post
                              Hi! I'm new here... I'm in Minnesota and I'm in love with nature and the exploration of it!
                              Howdy rspaulding,
                              Welcome to the best campfire chat around these parts and we hope your stay is a long and happy journey camping and chatting about this disease to have that is shared with a lot of other people whom you don't know!

Comment

• Hello

Hi! I'm Sandy, I have only been camping a few times in my life but now that I have more free time I plan to camp more often! I figured I would join this forum to get more info on Good Camping sites, the best equipment to take, and maybe even to find a friend or two well that's all folks just wanted to say hi!

Comment

Working...
                                X