Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

I am a 34 year old guy who has lived in Dallas, TX for the last 10 years. I am originally from NE Arkansas where I camped all the time. Just thought I would check out a few of the threads, But I decided to sign up and stay a while.

Comment

• Well hello everyone=) I am new to this blog thing so forgive me, if I mess up! I am 33, married and Dad of 1, well 1 and a half.... the other one is one its way=)
      I have camped all my life, I love the outdoors and hope to raise my kids to love the same. Were a boating/camping family in beautiful Nor Cal. I was in the Air Force, so of course, I have camped all over the world. In desert's, mountains, on aircraft, on the beach's etc...fun stuff.
      I am a social guy that is looking forward to making some new friends and camp mates....

Hi all=)

Comment

• They camp in the Jersey Shore! LOL...My wife and I have been sucked into that show! NOOOOO!!

Nice to meet you=)

Comment

• Howdy, let's.....see......there's MoeAnge, welcome! There's Fliptopbox(FTB)....welcome and Tytanium...that's kinda like the metal that's in my back spine(titanium)...welcome!!!

I certainly hope you will enjoy your stay with us! Pull up a log and chat on any topic that rings your bell or ask a question or start your own thread! Happy that you could join our merry throng! MoeAnge...we do have a few Canadians already here in the forum but there is always room for many more! Thanks everyone for sharing!
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Thanks! So any one from out this way in CA?

Comment

• Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
              Howdy, let's.....see......there's MoeAnge, welcome! There's Fliptopbox(FTB)....welcome and Tytanium...that's kinda like the metal that's in my back spine(titanium)...welcome!!!

I certainly hope you will enjoy your stay with us! Pull up a log and chat on any topic that rings your bell or ask a question or start your own thread! Happy that you could join our merry throng! MoeAnge...we do have a few Canadians already here in the forum but there is always room for many more! Thanks everyone for sharing!
              Goodness! Folks from my favorite camping place, Canada. The shore where I camped out a while in Cape May. And, the Lone Star state. My constant companion while wearing my Levi's is my Lonestar big brace buckle and ever present snakeskin boots.
              Howdy from the Ohio River Valley.
              We are old, cranky and camp in our Roadtrek. Wife and I have camped in tents, popups, trailers and selfcontained units.
              No matter how you do it, great sport and great companions to be meant.
              Welcome Ya'lll. Denny

Comment

• Howdy from Arizona

Forum newbie here, wanted to say hi to everyone.

Will be heading out for a (hopefully) extended camping/hiking trip in 5 weeks or so. Elevation, and dropping temps. Should be fun.

Will set up my own thread about it when I get more details hammered out, and will let yall in on all the goodies I am gathering for the trip.

In the meantime, keep the insides of them tents clean!
                Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

Good morning. Just dropping a quick note to introduce myself. I just recently decided to join this forum as winter is coming and my hiking/camping time will be somewhat limited for a few months. Hope to talk to others to help pass the time and share some ideas. I began my back country sojourns many years ago, and still I am in awe of those places where many do not tread.

Comment

• Hello everyone, Ive been lurking here for sometime and finally decided to join the community. This place rocks, and there is a ton of good info here that Ive been able to put to use. Im fairly young to this game, trying to open my mind more and learn as much as I can!

Comment

• Howdy back and welcome to the campfire here at CF. Thanks for signing up and already you have jumped in and have made CF more successful than it was before you signed up!

Immortal...if you have photos that you would that you would like to share along with the thread of your trip that you have planned you might want to start your thread in the photo gallery. Or if not in pictures, go to the section "Where to Go" and pen your notes there. It's pretty much wide open. Once you've been here a couple of weeks and stick with this form of communication(there is a huge following of just lookers), you will have your own reader ship which you can sail in any direction you want to go!
                      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Originally posted by Khemist View Post
                        Hello everyone, Ive been lurking here for sometime and finally decided to join the community. This place rocks, and there is a ton of good info here that Ive been able to put to use. Im fairly young to this game, trying to open my mind more and learn as much as I can!
                        HowDo Khemist, from Angler (Denny) on the road in Auburn, Indiana
                        Fireside Campground on this 37f morning.
                        Wish we had a nice campfire to warm by and share a cup of coffee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khemist View Post
                          Hello everyone, Ive been lurking here for sometime and finally decided to join the community. This place rocks, and there is a ton of good info here that Ive been able to put to use. Im fairly young to this game, trying to open my mind more and learn as much as I can!
                          Yo, Khemist......... As others said, welcome! Tomorrow morning my wife and I are headin' out for 7-8 days here in northwest section of US, but the weather is going to decide whether we take clothes for rain or clothes for cold/snow. Whatever, we will be out of here.

Again, welcome!
                          Chuck
                          So. Oregon
                          TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
                          TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
                          SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

• I say welcome, as well. :D
                            Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

• Hello all

Hi all,

My Pops introduced me to camping as a young boy, and the love of it has never left. In 2006 my wife and I backpacked half of the Appalachian Trail with our two dogs. We have a 1 year old who we have been taking out in the woods since she was 5 weeks old. Ive been working too much this past year, so from now on its less work and more camping. We are going to Apalachicola National Forest next month and I cant wait. Its nice to see all of these like minded folks in one place! Good to know you

Aaron

Comment

• Hola! Just found this forum. Recently started to get back into camping and whatnot. Figured I'd find a forum for it since i have one for almost all my other hobbies.

Comment

Working...
                                X