Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy to chromatica(Ed) and raganmonkey(Tim) welcome to the best little camping forums around. Hope your stay with us will be a long and happy camping journey. Looking forward to hearing what's up from your neck of the woods!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Howdy Y'all

Hey,

My name is Seth Harper. I am 25, married, and my wife and I have a beautiful 19 month old daughter. We live in San Bernardino, California.

We are mostly tent campers. Really, I am game for any time of camping. You wanna do tents? Let's do tents. You wanna grab some dirt bikes, load a backpack with water and jerky, let's do it. I love all camping. Hey, I can even enjoy some luxury camping from time to time. One thing I have yet to try is survival camping, but I am interested. Anyhow, hope to talk to you all from time to time.

Seth

Comment

• Hi; Ed / Tim. *Interesting, educational an fun group. Enjoy.
        Denny from Hoosierland

Comment

• Howdy Seth,
          Thanks for signing up to the best camping forums around. You can find me here when I'm not out camping and by all means I'm just a tenter too. However, we have a great variety of campers here from survivalists, backpackers, tenter, cab-over tuck campers, trailers, 5th wheels, and even a few rvers. Hope that your stay here will be a long and happy journey of just plain camping in this great land. We even have a few campers from Europe, Africa, Australia and Canada here as well. Most folks here are still buried in snow but there are a few warmer the warmer climates of Florida, Georgia, Arkansas, Nevada(me-soon to be moving to Sacramento) and plenty of folks from CA. Glad you pick this one to hang your hat on and it will be great hearing about your adventures in the coming months.

Comment

• Originally posted by ace_pubchat View Post
            One thing I have yet to try is survival camping, but I am interested.
            Highly reccommend it, my favorite by far. Any questions or just want to chat about it feel free to PM me anytime.
            "Survival isn't learned overnight" ~XXXMoonshineXXX~
            sigpic

Comment

• Welcome!

I don't think I've got the stones for "survival" camping! Good luck to you guys, though! My idea of survival is having enough beer in the cooler.:D

Comment

• Originally posted by jtbeck View Post
                My idea of survival is having enough beer in the cooler.:D
                Thats right on the money only I need that when trying to survive camping with my in-laws when I pitch my tent next to their Motorhome when they join us for an outing. LOL. Its great when they ask if i will be joining them for oven roasted turkey and warm apple pie fresh from the oven at the dining table this evening. Haha
                sigpic

Comment

• Sorry it has taken me so long to welcome you newby's. As said by others, this is a great group of people, interested in nothing else but sharing, helping out, and whatever.

One of you mentioned having some old stuff. I smiled. About a year ago I trashed my 3 burner Coleman stove (origional fule tank rusted), bought for me as a wedding present in 1967. Three weeks ago, bought a two burner Coleman, for 3x more than it would have cost to just replace the rusted fuel tank). Oh, well!

If any of you want help figuring out where to go in Nor Calif and So/Central Oregon, don't hesitate to write my way. I would be happy to help you out.
                  Chuck
                  So. Oregon
                  TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
                  TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
                  SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

• I'm from the Atlanta area in Georgia. I like to go camping to learn and hone my survivalist/bushcraft skills.

Comment

• Howdy Carpaccio,
                      Welcome to the brown boards of camping bliss! Sure hope your stay with us will be a long and enjoyable camping experience. Lots of campers here and some are just readers but we also have people that love to give us their $0.02 worth. And with all the different campers here it's very hard to step on anyone's toes...it just can't be done! Feel free to jump in and answer with a post or start your own thread, which you have already done quite well!:D

Comment

• Welcome Carpaccio! Look forward to sharing survivalist strategy and tips with ya! Can't wait to see what you bring to the table, and also feel free to take as much as you can! Great bunch of campers that are packed full of knowledge. Hope you are ready for some good convos!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Man, all you survivalists are making me feel inadequate!

Comment

• Originally posted by jtbeck View Post
                            Man, all you survivalists are making me feel inadequate!
                            We are all one in the same JT!! All of us campers have a great appreciation for the outdoors and we all connect with mother nature one way or another. Be sure to let me know and we can arrange for you to experience it sometime!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Hello!

My name is Tina and I live in the San Francisco Bay area. I just moved here 6 months ago and can't wait to explore!

I moved here from Southern California where I lived in Yucca Valley since 1992. I spent many beautiful days and nights in Joshua Tree National Park, and also camped in the Big Bear area quite often.

I hope to find helpful information here on this forum from all of you!
                              My Other Interest

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverMaggie View Post
                                My name is Tina and I live in the San Francisco Bay area. I just moved here 6 months ago and can't wait to explore!

I moved here from Southern California where I lived in Yucca Valley since 1992. I spent many beautiful days and nights in Joshua Tree National Park, and also camped in the Big Bear area quite often.

I hope to find helpful information here on this forum from all of you!
                                Welcome Tina! (SilverMaggie). Thanks for joining this great bunch of campers and I'm very glad you found us! Feel free to jump in and start making friends, and adding to the conversation! Any questions or comments start up your own thread if you want and lets get to gabbing!

Welcome!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X