Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Hi, I just joined the site.

I never camped until I retired 2 years ago and have gone crazy over camping. I have been to 36 states and 2 provinces in Canada since I have retired and have camped in over half of the states I've been to. I was pulling a Timeout Camper with my motorcycle until last August when a deer ended my motorcycling. I was lucky to have lived through it. I replaced my motorcycle with a car but bought another Timeout Camper to pull behind the car.

I will be taking off for the majority of the summer at the end of this month and can hardly wait. I have not camped in my new Timeout yet as it has been too cold. I will be heading south to Texas and then over to LA, then up the coast to Vancouver BC to start out the year.

I hope to meet some new friends here and maybe camp with some of you.

Clint
    Last edited by clintsdivco; 03-12-2011, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• Re: New member

Welcome to CF! Glad you found a great camping forum!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

HowDo Clint; Only two years of camping and a large resume behind you. Great.
        Hope you will have WIFI access so you can take us along with you.
        Happy you are aboard. Denny in the Ohio River Valley

Comment

Hello from Pocatello, Id
          Thanks for having me!
          FlashLantern turns your flashlight into a lantern!

Comment

Originally posted by MikeB View Post
            Hello from Pocatello, Id
            Thanks for having me!
            Gosh, your name rings a bell :D

Enjoy!
            2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
            Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Originally posted by angler57 View Post
              HowDo Clint; Only two years of camping and a large resume behind you. Great.
              Hope you will have WIFI access so you can take us along with you.
              Happy you are aboard. Denny in the Ohio River Valley
              Thanks for the welcome. I do have WIFI access and carry a laptop to keep in touch with family and friends while I am on the road. I will have to make it a point to supply some photos while I am camping this summer.

Clint

Comment

Hi guys!

I just love camping in my new Opera, you can view it on:

www.champing.nl

BYE!

Comment

• Re: Hello all

Welcome to CF!

Comment

• Re: I live

Gus Here ... New to the forum, but not camping.
                    I'm a dedicated tent camper that prefers primitive sites. Not to say I don't appreciate handy access to water and electric, but I still prefer primitive sites.

Have been camping since I was 8 yrs old, - my first camping experience was a week-long bear hunting camp in the Blue Ridge Mountains with my grandfather. I was the only kid. (repeated this each year until I was 13)

I was also an adult leader in a Boy Scout troop for eight years. We camped every month except December, and whenever it was raining or snowing we knew it must be our camping weekend.

I certainly enjoy having good camping gear, but when it comes to campsite accessories, part of my camping fun is woodcraft lashing projects to make what we need.

It's not a campout without a campfire, and I usually volunteer to do all the camp menu and meal planning, - AND the campfire cooking!

Gus

Comment

Hey everybody. Long time camper getting back into it after a long lapse. Grew up in MT and camped tent and trailer with family while growing up. Also did several years of hunting camp camping which was a lot of fun.

Now I live in MN and have slowly gotten back to camping and this year I'm investing a lot of money to get new and lasting equipment. Just upgraded my tent and air mattress. I go mostly to state parks in MN, but will also be going to either Yellowstone National Park or Theodore Roosevelt national park this spring.

I am starting to get into photography this year and will be taking a lot of photos this year. I also do a lot of reading and fishing while camping as well.

My dad has passed down his love of cooking to me and I love to do dutch oven cooking as well as over the fire. I can figure out how to cook just about anything while camping and love a challenge. This year I am going to try and resist elaborate meals and do simpler stuff though just so I have less to haul around.

I try and get friends to come along with me, but most of them can't handle the "uncivilized" world of campgrounds and cry for their amenities!

Lane

Comment

Howdy Gus & Lane, welcome to CF, campfire and all that! Glad you're here, just remember that your first six posts/threads are moderated. We run a clean-free environment in thought and deed and the knowledge that you impart will increase our knowledge base, which is a good thing! Thanks for joining and wishing that the time you spend with us will be as enjoyable as camping itself!

Comment

Originally posted by Ladybibi View Post
                          Hi guys!

I just love camping in my new Opera, you can view it on:

www.champing.nl

BYE!
                          This looks like it might be spam. Recently I've been on a forum that requires 5 posts before you can post links. I thought it was a good idea.
                          May you always have love to share,
                          Health to spare
                          And friends that care.

Comment

It's not. These campers are in Australia and New Zealand, the trailers haven't been approved for the USA as far as I know. The link is okay to view, but they were just saying hi. If they had proved to be spammers they would have been outta here pronto! If you have questions on something that seems not right, PM me here anytime and I'll check it out in greater detail. Let's just use this for new campateers to say hi. Awhile ago Eaglebait sent me a PM on a spammer that slipped through, it was that person's 11th post. That spammer is no longer with us. Thank you Eaglebait!

Comment

Howdy Y'all,
                              Hadley here in Texas. I have a wonderful wife and 3 1/2yr old son. Many of our wedding anniversaries have been celebrated camping. I have a wife who loves camping just as much as I do. Just started introducing the son to the camping lifestyle by camping out in the back yard and I think he's hooked. Looking forward to seeing what's going on on the forum.

Comment

Hi! I've only been here a few times. I'm from Texas and love the great outdoors! We camp at state parks, mostly short weekend trips to Lake Whitney, Lake Meridian, and the Hill Country.

When we have time, we go the coast or anywhere in-between! I'm looking for fellow campers to share stories, tips and a few laughs with! So glad I found this forum!

Comment

Working...
                                X