Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Everyone

Just thought I'd chime in and say hi to everyone. My wife and I have been tent camping now for several years with a break in between using an older model pop up, but now we're back in the old trusty Wenzel tent that has been great for us for awhile. We haven't been in the tent for a couple of years, so it was exciting to pull everything out this weekend and go thru it. We have a 21 month old son that we are in the process of adopting, so we're looking foward to having alot of great times in the future. Hopefully we'll be able to go for a few days around mid-June or so. Looking foward to meeting and talking with everyone. Scott

Comment

• Just wanted to say hey.

I just wanted to take a quik minute to say hey(hey is hello in the native hill billy tongue) to everyone, found this site while diggin around for some info on tent camp'n in yellow stone, nice site ya have here, already found some usefull info.

Comment

• Howdy back!

Howdy is western cowboy talk fer hey; hello; hi!

Thanks fer join'n campin' forums!:D
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Hi all! We're Mick and Connie from Reno, Nevada, formally from upstate NY. We've both camped our entire lives, as young children with our families before we met and married (6yrs ago, and last October, if you're keeping score) and continue to do so now. Except for a stint of eight months in my mid-twenties, where I lived in a pop-up in the Adirondacks area of Lake George, NY, were dyed in the wool tent campers. We've camped minimalist style, from the back of a motorcycle, or sometimes just our own backs, but now choose to tent from the back of an suv so that our black lab, jenny, can accompany us. Leaving her alone for extended weekends wasn't good for the furniture or carpets. Either separate or together, we've camped all over upstate NY ...and long before we met, I'd covered the east coast from Maine to Florida, but alas, I digress. With me hitting my 50th on this next harvest moon, and Connie a few years younger, we've been lucky to have enjoyed some amazing camping experiences.
          Perhaps our biggest camping trip of all was back in September of 2007 when we loaded up everything we could fit into a jeep wrangler and a towed utility trailer and spent 10 days camping across country, followed by two weeks of living in our tent while we searched for more tangible housing. But that, our new camping buddies, is a story all its own. Perhaps one day we'll share it, complete with pictures with you all. As for present day though, we're both avid fishers, (and hunters for that matter), myself a hopeless fly fishing addict of 35 years, and Connie a spin fishing fanatic that can be happy throwing hardware or dunking bait... so most of our discovery trips in this area over the past two years have been driven by the pursuit of trout. While we won't make any extended trips this year, having exhausted our vacation time on trips to Jamaica and the Bahamas, we're hoping to sneak in as many weekends as possible. While she has every weekend free, I however, working at the largest sporting goods store in the world, work every other weekend, but In as much as work schedules allow, we're looking forward to an adventurous 2010 !
          Thanks for allowing us to say hello and looking forward to being a part of this great camping community!

Comment

• Welcome

Howdy scottjlake and dancing2some, welcome to CF! Hope your stay with us is a continued long and happy journey doin' what cha like the best...campin' and being outdoors! You will fit in fine here when you're not campin'! Look 'round and jump in anytime with yer $0.02 chattin' here is gold for the soul and rest for the sole!

Comment

• Just wanted to pop in and say Hi to everyone !! (and introduce myself)
              I'm a single mom to four great kids. We live in Ohio. We usually travel with my sister and her four grandchildren. We've been doing some big city trips (Chicago and NYC) but now we want to get back to basics.

I love the outdoors and we've had a lot of fun visiting state parks in our area. This year we are doing our first overnight camping trip and I'm so excited I can't see straight.

Anways, this looks like a great forum and I'm looking forward to learning from all the experienced folks here.

CKM

Comment

• Hey Appalachian from the Ohio river valley. We live in Indiana just north of
                Lou-a-vill. (Louisville Ky.). Gosh a number of new folks to send a Hey for.
                HowDo Ya'lll.

Comment

• Welcome

Welcome everyone! The folks here are great. Full of great tips and personal insights.
                  Needs for Facebook Fans. My mom doesn't really count. http://bit.ly/d7QHYI

Comment

• I guess this is where I say hi, I'm a member of several different forums: FJ Cruiser forum (best info on the Toyota FJ Cruiser- can't wait to get into the 4X4 camping section), Bayliner owners forum, just picked up a 1985 bowrider w/85hp o/b, love it & it will be a big part of camping this weekend, in fact I'm on several boating forums. I guess I'm just a forum junki. Best place in the world for information on any givin subject. I hope & am quite sure, (judging from the set up here), that I'll get the info I'm looking for. I'm 46 y.o. & have been camping many times in the past. The reason I joined here is that it will be the first time in a while that I'm going camping. I want to make sure that I make a correct list of the basic supply's. i've started a categorized list breaking down what I'll need for the weekend. I'll be taking the boat for the long weekend. I get a free slip for the stay, so no worries about putting in & retrieve every night. Anyway, sorry to go on&on with story, but just wanted to say hi. I'm here. Good day, MAXX

Comment

• hello everyone

Just wanted to introduce myself and my family. I've been lurking for awhile just trying to learn some thing about camping. We now have one camping trip under our belts. We currently live in North Pole, AK. My husband is in the Army and I'm a stay at home mom. Matthew is 2 and we wanted to get into camping as a family activity. My husband camped a good bit as a child in the boy scouts. I wasn't so lucky. I was only able to go once as a kid with a friend whose family camped a lot. I'm looking forward to many many more camping trips with my family.
                      May you always have love to share,
                      Health to spare
                      And friends that care.

Comment

• Maxx & Nearlywild welcome to CF! Hope that your stay with us will be a long and happy journey campin and then chattin about campin! It is also great place to rest your soles!

Comment

• Hi Mike; Live in Ohio river valley of Indiana. Last four nights the tornado sirens have sounded. Lighting, no power and inches of rain. Winds 60/70 mph.
                          Then the sun came out during the day and steamed the corn and beans with 88/92 temps.
                          Just a typical June here. And, a bit of roof repair.
                          But, to the subject at hand. Welcome Welcome. Fine site.

Comment

• Hi all!

I'm Racegrrl7665. I'm a wife and WAHM who loves NASCAR and IndyCar racing. I prefer to camp where there are walls, LOL, but my hubby and son are getting ready to go on their first tent camping experience together - Cub Scout camp next week.

I'm mostly here to learn about good camping products and not so good camping products, so the camping equipment investments we make will be wise ones.

Comment

• Hello everyone

Hi,
                              New here. We rarely get to camp anymore. However, we "Lived" in a 5th wheel for about 6 years while my husband worked state to state. We are from South Carolina. And have three children, Joshua-12, Sara-17 and Ben-19. Plus, lots of pets! dogs, cats, rabbits, chickens, cows and horses. No wonder we rarely get to camp anymore. LOL!

Just stopped by to get opinions from other campers about my husbands product before we go to manufacturers. Any input, negative or positive would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Just joined

Hi, everybody. Longtime camper, backpacker, canoer, kayaker who's looking for great new places to explore in Mich., Penn., W.Va., Ky. and surrounding areas (yeah, I use the old postal abbreviations. So sue me).

I live in Westerville, Ohio. That's practically Columbus. Look forward to what this forum might offer.

Comment

Working...
                                X