Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Hello fellow campers, my name is Robert and I just joined!! I have been reading this forum for a while and I like the atmosphere here, seems to be very friendly and helpful people here. I have lived in Oregon most of my life and love the outdoors, I grew up on a ranch and spent a lot of time in the woods and camping. I was seriously injured in 2000, I am now disabled but still try to get out and camp and spend time in the woods when I can. I find such peace in the forest and I believe it helps me physically and spiritually. Thanks to all for the great information I have already found on here and I hope that I to can offer things I have learned over the years. Happy camping to all of you. Robert

Comment

Welcome rvpopham.
      Los Cuernos Ranch on Facebook

Comment

Hi Everyone, My name is Alan and I live in Oklahoma. I used to camp a lot when I was in scouts. I decided to take a short break from camping when I was in college. Well the next thing I know it's 20 years later so I decided it was time to take my son camping. Over the last few years we have been on about a dozen camping trips. We started in the backyard and I try to make each one more changeling than the last. This June we are spending a week in Colorado. Our goal is two weeks in the Yellowstone area next summer.

Comment

Diveralan, welcome to the campfire! Hope your camping journey is a long and happy journey and that you'll find time to join us in commenting on your favorite activity! Chatting 'bout camping is a favorite pastime of mine, glad you found this site, hope to see of you around these parts!
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

G'day!

My name is Tom, and I'm an Aussie living in the USA now.. I'm planning a pretty epic camping trip soon, and have a bunch of questions that I will post soon!

I've spent a few hours poking around the site and searching, and am struck by how friendly this site is! I don't think I have ever encountered a forum community so devoid of angry nerd flaming. Hooray!

I look forward to picking your brains soon

Comment

Hey, welcome to all of you new people that I wasn't around to say "Hi" to before.

I dont know everything about camping, but am always willing to share what I can. :cool:
              Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

Welcome Diveralan and globalpassenger.
                Los Cuernos Ranch on Facebook

Comment

Thank you for the welcome. I have a quick question regarding posting etiquette on this site. I have been thinking of a few questions I intend to post, all inspired by the same trip, but regarding different general camping tips. Is it preferable to post one thread relating to that trip, or one thread per important question? I am trying to search the forums with no success so far, and I would like to post my threads so that someone else with the same questions might turn something up in the future.

Thank you!

Comment

Howdy...you may start as many threads as you want...you may ask as many questions as you like. If you have a question go ahead and ask....some categories here like General Chat have back pages numbering into the hundreds and some answers may already be lurking there, but that's alot of reading, so it doesn't hurt to ask a question where-ever. Every campateer here, worth their salt will freely respond if they want to. There are some campateers here that have asked just one question and then we've never hear from them again. Just remember our motto, every campout is just practice for the next one! Thanks for asking, but I think you should just start asking. If I feel that your question should be located in another sub-forum, I'll simply move it and leave a redirection up for a week. The most read area is General Chat, go ahead and start your question. You don't have to limit yourself in anyway. Just remember that your first 4-6 posts are moderated. After that you're pretty much golden! Have fun and see ya at the campfire!
                    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Hello All!
                      Nice to see some new faces
                      2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
                      Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

Welcome to all the new folks! Happy camping!
                        "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
                        ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

Welcome to all of the new forum-campers since I was last able post --- been camping! Enjoy!
                          Our Rig....
                          2012 Ford F-150 Crew-Cab Truck w/Ecoboost (just purchased, new photo soon)
                          Nomad Joey 246 Travel Trailer, 24ft, 3 bunks, Queen, no slides, no foldouts - Floorplan
                          RempRack Pickup Bed Bike Rack (5 bikes)
                          sigpic
                          Camping and Biking with Family! The BEST!

Comment

• Re: I live

Hello, everybody. I am looking for an app that is similar to this one on the Android Market but for Iphone

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

the app is called Remember My Location. It can save any location such as a campsite and navigate you back to that location using your phones GPS. Anybody please let me know if you know a similar app for the Iphone. Thanks

Comment

Hey everyone. Figured I'd drop a word and say hi. I tried to post a short bio that was maybe a bit long and the site logged me out. Here's the shorter version. Married father of 4 and I like camping and hiking. Been doing it since I was knee high to a June bug. My kids love the outdoors, my wife not so much. She's coming around though. I car camp with the family. Any other time, I'm in my jungle hammock. I sleep much better there. I've been doing bushcraft since before it was called bushcraft. We called it...get this... roughing it. Enough about me though. I gots to go check oout the rest of the site. Thanks for having me and I look forward to getting to know y'all.

Comment

Howdy Folks! New member from Michigan reporting for duty. Single (Widower) with 3 adult daughters. I've been camping since the age of 13. Heck even met my late wife on a camping trip.

Dispersed tent camping fairly on the primitive side but vehicle accessible, although I did stay at a state forest campground once. Solitude is my main goal when camping so I try to stash myself back where I will be alone for a couple of weeks and bring in all I need with me so there's no "trips to town" for supplies.

Thanks for this great forum. I hope to learn some and possibly help some too!

Comment

Working...
                                X