Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy CamperAllen,
    We are glad too that your here!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Newby here

Retired teacher here. My wife and I are AVID backpackers, year round. Right now we keep looking at the snow reports as we are itching to start winter backpacking. When we winter backpack, we take telemark skies to play in the slopes.

When the snows gone, we start lightening our packs for warmer weather packing, leading to ultri-light packs. I pack with a llama, "Billy Bob", and my trail dog, "Squeaky".

We travel to wherever in style: We are in the process of selling an '07 Dodge extended cab, 1/2 ton, stick, w/shell on truck bed. We just ordered a 2010 Chevy, AWD, Cargo van. Typically, Susan and I, and our two labX dogs, set up a "minimalist camp" for a night or two on Nat. Forest or BLM land, using private campgrounds and non-objectionable truckstops for showers when/as needed.

I not only hope to learn a few things at this forum, but home to share what I know with anyone who asks.

Chuck
      Chuck
      So. Oregon
      TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
      TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
      SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

• Welcome Chuck!!

I look forward to hearing all about your camping adventures.

Comment

• glad to find y'all

Hello all,

I am William and I am a tent camper. 52 years old semi retired trucker. We live outside Phx,Az. Camp mostly with just the wife and dogs these days. Been tent camping a long time. I am fixing up my ol work van to get off the ground and cut down set up time when we're day trippin.We have an inflatable, we hike and bike and fish some. Not getting rid of the tent yet. We usually stay in Az. North in the summer, Dez in the winter. Thanks for site.

William and Leslie Dixon

Comment

• Originally posted by dezrider View Post
            Hello all,

I am William and I am a tent camper. 52 years old semi retired trucker. We live outside Phx,Az. Camp mostly with just the wife and dogs these days. Been tent camping a long time. I am fixing up my ol work van to get off the ground and cut down set up time when we're day trippin.We have an inflatable, we hike and bike and fish some. Not getting rid of the tent yet. We usually stay in Az. North in the summer, Dez in the winter. Thanks for site.

William and Leslie Dixon
            Howdy William and all,
            Glad to be found! Hope your stay with us is a long and happy camping journey. It'll be nice to hear of your camping experiences from another warm and sunny state!

A good idea to practice, is just find a topic that interests you and start sharing...just remember your first 6 post/threads are moderated. That management can make sure your an honest camper and not a spammer. Welcome aboard!
            Last edited by renodesertfox; 12-03-2009, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• Hey all just sayin Hi...can't wait to contribute and get some usefulness out of this forum.
              "Survival isn't learned overnight" ~XXXMoonshineXXX~
              sigpic

Comment

• Howdy Waterfowler84,
                Thanks for joining in this campfire! Always great to hear from our nation's heartland, your experiences will be heartfelt here!

Comment

• Several new folks. Waterfowl84, dezrider and Eaglebait. How Do fellas. We haven't been here long. But, it is a great. Friendly. heads-up site. Well, except for me. Bout bore myself to sleep at times.

Comment

• First Post

Hi everybody. This is my first post here, so trying to follow the rules! I'm from St. Louis and have recently gotten more involved in the online camping community. I've been camping for about 20 years, and plan on doing more camping and backpacking in 2010 than any previous year. I think I am like the vast majority of campers out there, getting by with old equipment and memories, and loving every minute of it.

Look forward to getting to know everybody!

Josh

Comment

• Originally posted by JoshBTurner View Post
                      Hi everybody. This is my first post here, so trying to follow the rules! I'm from St. Louis and have recently gotten more involved in the online camping community. I've been camping for about 20 years, and plan on doing more camping and backpacking in 2010 than any previous year. I think I am like the vast majority of campers out there, getting by with old equipment and memories, and loving every minute of it.

Look forward to getting to know everybody!

Josh
                      Howdy Josh, welcome to the best online campfire away from the campfire that we like to camp with. Hope your stay with us will be a long and happy camping experience! The best thing to do is find a subject and jump right in with your thoughts and comments! Everyone looks forward to making new on-line friends and this is a great place to start!

Comment

• Welcome Josh, I've been here for just about 3 weeks now and I love this site...tons of useful info and plenty of friendly users. Hope you enjoy this site as much as I do and feel free to ask for help if you have problems with anything!
                        "Survival isn't learned overnight" ~XXXMoonshineXXX~
                        sigpic

Comment

• Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I look forward to jumpin right in!

Josh

Comment

• Originally posted by JoshBTurner View Post
                            Look forward to getting to know everybody!Josh
                            Hi Josh; Come on in and pull up a chair. Understand old. Am older than dirt and so is our gear. Like to say it is tried and tested. Getting out and about is the important thing.

Comment

• Camping by way of sailing and motorcycles

Hi all,

My name is Ed and I just joined up today. I've done a little camping and I want do do more. My shop full of tools allows me to cobble up some interesting gear. I even picked up a sewing machine because I knew it would come in handy. I went to Big Bear, CA this summer and I plan to go to Death Valley and to Bryce and Zion in UT.

Grace me with your wisdom.

Ed

Comment

• hey there Im Tim, aged 35, married, two dogs. Try to get out camping at least a couple times a year. Tent only for me, simpler is better (cheaper too

Comment

Working...
                                X