Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: coffee? YES!

Originally posted by annaj
    My husband and I love coffee and we love it strong and rich. We usually buy coffee beans and have them ground before our trip. Before, we used a French coffee press for it. That was until the wife of my hubby's colleague (who's half-Greek) taught me how to make it the Greek way. Since then, that's how we've done it.

To make it, you need a small saucepan. The ratio is one teaspoon of coffee to one cup of water (told you we like it strong). Of course, you can minimize it if you find this too much. Stir in two teaspoons of sugar. Bring these to a boil. Pour and then serve.
    Thats Cowboy coffee (minus the sugar )

Comment

I've always relied on my coffee press. Will definitely try out the cowboy coffee style the next time.

Comment

Glad to see so many camping coffee lovers.

For quick cups, if I don't want to do a whole pot, or wait for it, I use Folgers singles - 2 in a mug, (about 8oz.). Tastes good enough for the moment.

For our meals and group cups - we use a cowboy pot and pour through a tea strainer.

But for MY evening-sitting-around-the-fire, or I-want-a-good-cup coffee I use a press pot! And you have to beg if you want me to share because it's only a 5-cup (3 mugs) pot.

For our "regular" coffee I use Folger's or Maxwell House, (no need to waste the good stuff), but for my press pot I use fresh grind from a place called Rise-up Coffee. They're a chain that uses fair-trade coffee only, and it's the best I've found! And I've tried a lot of coffees.

They're on the Net - but if you find one in your area - you gotta try it.

Comment

Working...
        X