• Show
Clear All

Re: Campsite Pics

Stay tuned and find out!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

By the time we returned to Grassy Lake Road, almost all of the free, non-fee designated dispersed camping sites had been taken. Our hearts sank! We knew that what we stupidly did, we had a real nice spot right on Jackson Lake to begin with, what we desired might not be in the fortune cookie. but we continued on to Grassy Lake. We wanted a lake with privacy where we wouldn't be hassled by any other campers asking us for whatnot and little children asking for rides in our yak! By the time Grassy Lake came into view sunset was upon us! At the top of a hill, I stopped and pulled out our headlamps from the glove-box, opened the tool-box and plugged in our portable spot-light that my wife uses to help see some distance when the roads get rough. Someday, I'm gonna mount more lights to the top of the jeep to aid in cross-country travel, but that's still sometime off.

We worked our way down a very steep, rutted embankment and located the spot we had discovered in the daylight a few hours before. No one there! My wife said: "Shut up! Wanna listen to see if there were any other campers around?" Not a sound! No distant campfire light! Just the gentle little waves breaking against the shore! By now stars were out, I made a small fire in a massive old stone encircled fireplace that campers before us had constructed over a period of time. My wife took out an old vintage bottle of wine(1985 Red Zin) that we have always brought but never used. It's for special occasions! Two glasses from her camp-pack and I unpacked our camp-chairs! We sat by the fire! We saluted each other, the evening, the most beautiful lake, the stars, the campfire, the evening nature sounds and each other again! By the time we pitched our tent it was close to 10 PM. Tent was pitched in about 30 minutes-it was a little slow due to the darkness but team-work prevailed! Our Visa Sorta-potty, sleeping pads, double sleeping bag seemed to know where to go in the tent! Close to 11 PM I finally took my 12 gauge shotgun and chambered rounds! Peace was at last ours for the night, no barking dogs, no loud music, there's no such thing as "quiet hours" when you're dispersed camping in bear country! We finished that bottle of wine by the fire and went to bed!

Comment

Thanks for this....the photos and the narrative made me feel I was there.

Comment

Tis fun to do and there's more to come! Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! Each of us relate our adventures in different ways, pleased as punch that I might endear a smile or two! It was the best ever Labor Day Weekend camp we have ever had!
          Last edited by renodesertfox; 09-27-2012, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Here's 4 more pics of the area, next week I'll get back into the narrative. Yes, we saw bear, a few other dispersed campers on the other end of the lake! Had a great time! The best campout ever! Thanks for looking!

Comment

More great pics; you've got the gift! Whatever your settings, the contrast is stunning and the colors are vibrant. What camera do you use?

What is that stove oven combo you've got there? Are you happy with it?

Comment

Thank you very much Joyous! My primary digital is a Nikon D800 36mp & Nikkor & Lecia lenses with a Nikon Mount. The stove oven combo is made by Camp Chef and we love it! My wife & I love to cook! I'm more of open the box and add but she makes everything from scratch, even while camping! This last trip she made 3 loafs of bread from scratch and cooked them in the oven. Here's a link: http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?...Oven&FORM=HURE

She no longer allows me in the either kitchen (campsite or home)!!Heehee!
                Last edited by renodesertfox; 09-29-2012, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Not wanting to flood the forum with on over saturated photos, I'll include one more. Over the course of the autumn until we go camping again I'll post a few once in awhile. Yes, we had the east end of the lake all to ourselves for the entire weekend! The west end had more trailers dispersed camping only because the road was less steep. Saw a black bear with a cub about 100 yards to our south but she posed no danger! We kept open foods in the jeep! Fished everyday and had fish for dinner every night! There was traffic on the dirt road above us but no one came down our path. Saw plenty of Mergansers & Osprey feeding & fishing! Next year, this lake will probably be filled with campers and we'll have to look else-where! But really is was a great campout! Glad you weren't here!

Comment

Some people manage this all in their drive which they bring with them.
                    Anyway Before go to this type journey make sure that you know a bit about car repairing. Because when I went and I totally get harassed due to a problem occur in my car vehicle.

sensabrake
                    Last edited by flake50; 10-05-2012, 09:49 PM.

Comment

my last campsite

Comment

Working...
                      X