Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington

Howdy,
    "July Campground", Olympic National Park is tent only!

There 29 sites, all first come first served. Fee $10.00 per night. And they are walk-in sites.
    http://www.olympic.national-park.com/camping.htm - 49k - Cached
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: Washington

Good evening renodesertfox, Looking at your picture I see you have or had the Kodiak Canvas Cabin Tent with Awning. How do or did you like it? I just picked one up and am dying to try it.

Comment

I don't think reno uses this forum anymore but I believe there are a couple people that use the Kodiak tents that might be able to help you our.
      “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
      – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by campingbob View Post
        Good evening renodesertfox, Looking at your picture I see you have or had the Kodiak Canvas Cabin Tent with Awning. How do or did you like it? I just picked one up and am dying to try it.
        I love both of mine (10x10 and 8.5x6) and I'm pretty sure you will, too. They're cooler in the heat and warmer in the cold than any nylon/poly tent. The only drawback I'd found with 'em is hammering in the tent pegs - a problem I solved with this hack. They're definitely not as quick to set up as something like a free standing dome, even with the hack, but once the pegs are in, it's pretty simple and quick.

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
          I don't think reno uses this forum anymore but I believe there are a couple people that use the Kodiak tents that might be able to help you our.
          Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
          I love both of mine (10x10 and 8.5x6) and I'm pretty sure you will, too. They're cooler in the heat and warmer in the cold than any nylon/poly tent. The only drawback I'd found with 'em is hammering in the tent pegs - a problem I solved with this hack. They're definitely not as quick to set up as something like a free standing dome, even with the hack, but once the pegs are in, it's pretty simple and quick.
          See
          “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
          – E. B. White

Comment

Working...
          X