Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's Camping This Summer(May, June, July or August) 2013?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who's Camping This Summer(May, June, July or August) 2013?

Have fun, renodesertfox!!

Comment

Ok here is my plans. I plan on travel through out Georgia, North Carolina and maybe even South Carolina and beyond. Will be looking for free sites or cheap. As it is if I can only find Pay which most of the US Forest sites in Georgia are pay with exception of 7 I think I will only have to pay 6.00 a night. Normal price 12.00. 180.00 a month. Less what I am being forced to pay to stay at my moms. I will be working on a battery charging system And have a few batteries tied in together to run my laptop and charge cell. But in the mean time while I get the gear together I will hit a few sited for a couple of days each time.

Comment

Update to my post in the "Who's Camping in April". Originally my first trip of the year was suppose to be April 26th - 28th. I actually headed out the morning of April 25th and returned last night May 7th at 8:00pm. Camped at the East Bank Recreation Area on the Big Hole River. Had about four days of weather in the 60-70 degree range, two nights of snow (4 inches total), and the rest were a mix of rain, sun, and wind. April 30th & May 1st were the coldest mornings at 12 degrees above zero. Did some fishing on the river & took the ATV and Side x Side back into the mountains and played in the snow. All in all a great outing to start the 2013 camping season. I have two weeks vacation coming the first part of June and can't wait to get back outdoors. Take care everyone!!
        2014 Heartland Cyclone 4114 5th-Wheel ToyHauler

NIGHTS CAMPED:

2013 - 58 / 2014 - 44 / 2015 - 52 / 2016 - 48 / 2017 - ​34 / 2018 - ​??

Comment

I'm back in the saddle! Had a great weekend(mommy's day weekend) with my wife and saw very few campers! Pics in a couple of days!
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by rose View Post
            June 24th I'll pack the gear, put the kayak on top of the car and head out on my solo summer camping trip!! Woohoo!!First to the Catskills (upstate NY) for 3 weeks (friends and family nearby), then to Acadia Maine for 3 weeks, then back to the Catskills for another 2. Then back home to NC in time to start the new school year. It is a real adjustment sleeping indoors when I get back home!
            Catskills are great! I live in upstate NY...I'm going to be doing sections of the Finger Lakes Trail next summer!

Comment

I do a lot of hiking along the finger lakes trail while I am there. Some of it runs through my home town

Comment

Originally posted by rose View Post
                I do a lot of hiking along the finger lakes trail while I am there. Some of it runs through my home town
                I'm originally from Canandaigua NY but I didn't do much hiking back then. I am excited to get out there and I know people along the way so I'm hoping to meet with friends along the way. Just getting out in general is fun.

Comment

I am at Geneva State Park having a blast. Went fishing this morning and rode my kick scooter all around the campground this evening. Now, I am watching the sun set at the marina.

Updated with a pic. We did creature comforts this trip - full hookups, a case of books, and the big comfy rockers.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by actad; 05-30-2013, 02:43 PM.
                  - Laura
                  Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

37 days..... Can't wait!!

Comment

So very fine for you HS! Great news please share more pics upon your return! Thanks for being a dedicated Campateer too! Hope all stays safe for you! Enjoy!

Comment

We're heading out on Friday for some Memorial Day camping in the Jefferson National Forest. YAY!! Love national forest campgrounds, as they're so much more secluded. Sure, the amenities aren't the same as in the bigger places, but we like it that way!
                        Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.
                        - Unknown

Comment

Happy for everyone camping on the official start of summer 2013....Memorial Weekend! I'm staying home, the mountains & campgrounds will be full of campers! Wish y'all a safe and happy camp!

I'm pitching my five older nylon tents in my backyard to waterproof them with Ray and Rain Waterproofing. Check it out: www.rayandrain.com .

Also gonna put a Fulton Trailer Jack on the old M101A trailer. Making plans to get this trailer restored too.

Comment

Woohoo! So excited, we leave on Saturday for our 53 day adventure. First stop is the Alabama Gold Camp in Lineville, AL. one of the few places we are stopping that is not a national or state park, but the boys wanted to pan for some gold, so off we go.

Comment

June 2-6 Grandson and I are headed to Houston Rec area in Bankhead Nat'l Forest , July 3-6 Joe Wheeler State Park.

Comment

Originally posted by frank6160 View Post
                                June 2-6 Grandson and I are headed to Houston Rec area in Bankhead Nat'l Forest , July 3-6 Joe Wheeler State Park.
                                We'll wave hi. We'll be in Bankhead starting the 4th. Not sure what campground we'll be staying at yet though.

Comment

Working...
                                X