Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's Camping This Summer(May, June, July or August) 2013?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Camping This Summer(May, June, July or August) 2013?

Every year it seems I fail to get a monthly summer report (plans) started early enough! This year is the exception. If you are planning a camping trip with a tent, trailer or RV and you would like to share your plans, here is the thread to post up your plans. You can be as detailed as you want-to-be or not. It's a great way to let others know your excitement for the summer 2013 camping season! So who's camping this summer 2013?

Let's see, I'll start.

Early August 2013, we're planning a 15 day camping/kayaking trip to Glacier National Park; camping/kayaking at Bowman Lake in Montana! We are very excited....my knee has never been better and this Montana trip just might really turn into a great adventure! Really getting stoked! Will keep everyone informed as the time draws near! This will be our only camping trip for 2013! Bowman Lake is only about 30 miles south of the Canadian Border, on the western edge of the national park and over a slow bumpy dirt road! We have been planning this trip for a great number of years but moving to northern Utah has made it easier to plan! Have been thinking about a laptop but it's fairly remote so I might disappear for awhile(think I deserve it) but we'll see!

How about you? What camping plans do you have this summer 2013?
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Re: Who's Camping This Summer(May, June, July or August) 2013?

@ Renodesertfox

Enjoy Glacier National Park, such a beautiful area!! We spent 4 days there in 2011. Used an RV Park in Hungry Horse, MT as base camp and did tons of touring/exploring in Glacier and Hungry Horse Dam/Reservoir. My favorite was the hike into Hidden Lakes from Logan Pass what a scenic journey. Good luck to you & have a great time!!

Sent via iPad2
    Last edited by SpitzoMT; 04-18-2013, 02:27 PM. Reason: Correct horrible spelling.
    2014 Heartland Cyclone 4114 5th-Wheel ToyHauler

NIGHTS CAMPED:

2013 - 58 / 2014 - 44 / 2015 - 52 / 2016 - 48 / 2017 - ​34 / 2018 - ​??

Comment

Thanks SMT!

Comment

June 24th I'll pack the gear, put the kayak on top of the car and head out on my solo summer camping trip!! Woohoo!!First to the Catskills (upstate NY) for 3 weeks (friends and family nearby), then to Acadia Maine for 3 weeks, then back to the Catskills for another 2. Then back home to NC in time to start the new school year. It is a real adjustment sleeping indoors when I get back home!

Comment

10 day trip to Lake Erie in May. Hope to have a few weekend trips as well.
          - Laura
          Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

I Like! Thanks A for postin!

Comment

So glad about your knee!

Comment

Thank you J!

We are going to Denver the 1st week of May for my wife's physican's conference there. JohnJohn lives near there and I'm planning on driving to see him. I'll stay in touch with the hotel's computer. Then May 10 - 13(Mother's Day Weekend) we are tenting to Box Elder Campground near the village of Mantua for a nice weekend of camping. It'll be Bandit's(our dog's) first campout! It's only about 20 miles from our house, but we checked it out yesterday and looks really charming! Little Box Elder Creek & bottomland hardwoods & black bears! They even have flush toilets & showers so we won't be roughin it this time!

Comment

We went to Huntsville State Park for four days. Other than the cold weather we had a great time and stayed toasty in our tent. I have a trip planed in June for 10 days, Sep/Oct/Nov for three days each. If it is still descent weather I am going to try an early Dec trip. If I can fit in a few more I am going to do it.

Comment

Well, I haven't been camping yet this year - been a bad few months. Dad went into the hospital in late February, and passed away on 24 April. He was 80. Been helping my sister and BIL take care of Mom, getting all the necessary stuff done, yardwork, working on vehicles, etc. Been spending my Saturdays with her. But, I do feel the need to 'escape' for a few days. There are a couple places fairly close by I've been wanting to see. A buddy has been getting burned out at work too, and we are thinking of something involving canoes/kayaks and fishing.
                    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Sorry for your loss, Lance! Pleased as punch you're still hangin with CF! You have truly been a good friend come thick or thin!

Comment

So sorry to hear about your mom.

Comment

My condolences on the loss of your dad. My dad passed away quite a few years ago, yet I think of him almost every day. I highly recommend a get-away too!
                          Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

First camping trip planned! Cann't wait! Got campsites reserved for Memorial Day weekend. Haven't decided where else we'll be camping this summer, yet. Looking to camp at the same places we did last year and/or even some new places. Hopefully, we can go camping more often than we did last year.

Comment

Congrats to all who are gonna go camping! I'm heading out at first light(Friday) for a little Mother's Day Weekend getaway! This weekend is opening camping season in northern Utah and yes it's at a semi-organized cg. Don't really expect to many other campers there cause it is Mother's Day Weekend, perhaps everyone will be spending time with their mother's or in church. I got the trailer licensed, military(M101A) 3/4 ton trailer weighs in at 1754 lbs & by law any trailer over 750 lbs must be licensed. My wife will drive up later in her jeep after she gets off work, so I'm going early enough to get the site we want, pitch camp and enjoy the afternoon with my dog. Will try to take more pictures to share. Did I tell ya, my church is tent camping!

Comment

Working...
                              X