Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do I have everything...??

OO!..OO!...
    This is turning into a hanging stuff thread...

for things that need to closely follow standing seems inside de the tent (like ceiling light cords) I use the aforementioned mini/micro binder clips. The stainless ones resist rust better (but are not rust proof).

for things hanging from clothes lines (or tiedown lines) typically to dry, outside the tent; I use the aforementioned Old timey, wooden, spring type clothes pins (also for reclosing munchies bags( Very rust resistant and they have fewer sharp corners).

for hanging things (like lights) from branches or internal tent structure I use double sided Velcro/Velcro one-wrap.. also secures tools to tand the otherwise almost unpackable extendable hot dog forks - to the vehicle roll bars...

for things like the garden lights &hangers that need removable solid attachment to aluminum poles I use turnkey handled hose clamps;
    https://www.amazon.com/Ideal-Turn-Ke.../dp/B000JTOWN8
    Ideal has always had great clamps, IMO.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Happy Joe; 09-21-2018, 07:52 AM.
    2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
    For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
    Ground tents work best for me, so far.
    Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

I like those hose clamps - I get 'em locally. But that Amazon link made me chuckle. Yes, easily amused.

Comment

Yep! (chuckle)...
        Missed the yellow call out completely.

Enjoy!
        2006 Jeep Rubicon, TJ; 4.11 gears, 31" tires, 4:1 transfer case, lockers in both axles
        For DD & "civilized" camping; 2003 Ford explorer sport, 4wd; ARB & torsen diffs, 4.10 gears, 32" MTs.
        Ground tents work best for me, so far.
        Experience along with properly set up 4WD will get you to & through places (on existing, approved 4WD trails) that 4WD, alone, can't get to.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Joe View Post
          Missed the yellow call out completely.
          Guess I gotta give 'em credit for at least getting close.

Comment

I use the "Anylist" app on my iPhone for my camping packing list (and many other lists). It's available for Android and IOS. There is also a web version.

My camping gear list is categorized with categories for General Camping Gear, Kitchen Stuff, Personal Stuff, Wood & Campfire, and Food.

You can do all the work of setting up and organizing your list easily on the web app (for me that is much easier with a regular keyboard, mouse and large display on my iMac). Then the data is all stored in the cloud, and it is automatically synced between all your devices.

As I pack, I use the list and consult the app on my phone. As I pack an item I touch it on the screen and it gets a red line drawn through it to indicate that item is packed. If you click on the little eyeball icon, it will hide items that are checked off, they disappear from view on the screen (but it is NOT deleted, just not visible). The only stuff left visible is stuff you still have to pack.

Then at any time you can uncheck all items, make them visible again, sort manually or alphabetically. I would be lost without it. If you need lists to remember to do stuff, check it out.

Comment

I think t is ok.

Comment

What about rain jackets and rain covers?? I prefer to take rain protection stuffs too...

Comment

Your Left Handed Smoke Shifter is missing.

Comment

Working...
                  X