Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New to camping, not sure on a family tent

Northman

We too are in Cub Scouts and starting over. Way different than the type of camping I did as an Asst Scoutmaster with my Brothers Troop 20 some years ago. You can buy a collapsible wagon to haul stuff from car to camp and back. It makes life easier. One Scout Camp we stayed at had wagons at check in for that purpose, but they were limited and they were lots of Scouts/Families wanting to use them. We have another parent with a folding wagon also. We have our own little wagon train hauling stuff too and from camp.

B

Comment

We just got back from a camping trip and a wagon/cart would have been sooooo useful.

Comment

I guess the tent you choose depends on how much extra space you want, if you want to stand up in it, what your budget is.. and well.. the list goes on!
        I bought a Coleman 6 man instant cabin tent recently, and have to say for the price its pretty great. the setup takes a couple of minutes which is amazing if you're not the best with tent set up, or you have impatient kids running around :p
        From my experience it is really good at keeping out the rain too.

although the 6 man might be a bit small for your needs, they do make an 8 man version i believe which would a take a little longer to set up..

Here are the links if you want to check them out:
        6 man: http://amzn.to/2hXiPpd
        8 man: http://amzn.to/2i4zu61

*moderator edit: User wpjackson: The use of Amazon sales link in the future will lead to suspension and/or banning.

Comment

I'm in the process of doing a video review on the Kodiak Canvas Swag tent. Anyone have any thoughts on this particular tent? It seems very rugged and well made. When I get finished with the written review and video I'll post both here in case anyone is interested.

Comment

Working...
          X