Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tent guaranteed to keep you dry is quite wet inside!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tent guaranteed to keep you dry is quite wet inside!

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
    Much bedder
    Well played sir. Well played.
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Comment

I know I am late to the party here, but I was out camping in my el-cheapo Coleman tent. I have to add this to the discussion. Another problem in the search for a tent is that (at least in my case) finding one that's the size/dimensions you desire is not always easy. If you find one (a "quality tent" at least) that meets your space needs it may be vastly too expensive for the casual camper or just simply not what you're looking for (read that as canvas). My wife and I needed in the range of a 12 x 12 footprint, which in and of itself is hard to find unless you go canvas - remember casual fair weather camper here - so when Coleman had 12 x 12 that had a nice big vestibule, it was good enough. Seam sealed and sprayed with water repellent it's as good as we need and has served us well.

To the OP - if you had that kind of experience unless conditions were extreme or if you had the footprint tarp improperly laid out I think you got a lemon. It happens. But I have lived through remnants of a hurricane in a Coleman tent and had a better go of it than you describe. And that was SUPER EXTREME CIRCUMSTANCES. :D

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
        Is it strange that this made me happy?

It bothers me when people write James's.
        I've seen where a kitten dies every time someone misuses an apostrophe. Thanks for saving a kitten's life

Comment

Working...
        X