Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you put something on the INSIDE on your tent floor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do you put something on the INSIDE on your tent floor?

renodesertfox,
    What type of tent are you using in this photo showing the rugs inside?

Comment

Augie...it's our Kodiak 9x12 Cabin Wall Tent. Those rugs are just small bathroom rugs 100% cotton and no rubber natting on the underside. After camping, I just throw them in the washer/dryer and they're ready to go for the next time!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

I have a 9x7 tent and wanted to protect the inside tent floor.I found a queen-size reversible comforter that fits the tent floor almost perfectly. The twin-size air mattress sits on top of the comforter as an added insulater. The comforter only cost $2.00 @ Goodwill!!

Comment

A LOT of great ideas here! Thanks to all. I use an old GI Wool-blend blanket. The bamboo mat for the entryway is great! It's always sandy here in sunny Florida.
          Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Astroturf, between the two cots. Doormat just outside the door.
            When I awoke, the Dire Wolf
            Six hundred pounds of sin
            Was grinning at my window
            All I said was, "Come on in".

Comment

We have a 10' x 10' Slumberjack Trail dome tent. We use a foot print under the tent and a 9 x 7 tarp inside. We camp in the winter as well so when the temps get cold, we use a couple of moving blankets that we bought for cheap at Harbor Freight as well.

Comment

For backpacking and canoe trips I put nothing inside or under the tent. I just am careful about "pokey things." For a canvas tent with no floor I bring a rug for near my cot to walk on when getting dressed.

Comment

we always use comforters as carpeting, but mainly to prevent holes from being stuck in the air mattress from anything sharp under the tent itself.

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
                    Augie...it's our Kodiak 9x12 Cabin Wall Tent. Those rugs are just small bathroom rugs 100% cotton and no rubber natting on the underside. After camping, I just throw them in the washer/dryer and they're ready to go for the next time!
                    I went to Walmart looking for these rugs. The ones they have has little clear dot for non skid.

Comment

I have a canvas tarp that's a little smaller than my tent floor, I use it inside the tent and put a blue plastic tarp underneath the tent. Between the 2 tarps the tent stays nice and clean.

The canvas keeps Jasper's nails from accidentally damaging the tent floor too.

Comment

Floor liner specifically for Alaskan Guide 6 tent with indoor/outdoor carpet outside the door.

Comment

No, I do not.
                          Please, somebody, anybody, help my Chicago Bears.

Comment

I hear that PahaQue has announced a new line of tent rugs that will be out soon. I don't see anything on their site but maybe soon. They make good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                            X