No announcement yet.

2 Tent Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a 3-4 man tent had stand-up height, it would be at best a cube.......
    No slope to run-off the rain or withstand the wind.......
    Longtime Motorcycle Camper. Getting away from it all on two wheels! :cool:

Comment

Tent Police, HaHa!

Guess Thomo is the tent police! What ever a person desires for a tent he should have what he wants and not be told he is a fool. Like for the two of us, we have a large 9x12 Kodiak Canvas tent. We can stand in it anywhere, it a cabin type tent. In it we have a queen size air mattress, two large folding chairs, a portable table, our "Big Buddy" tent heater. Numerous bathroom rugs spread over the floor for added warmth. Two fordable bedside tables. When we go camping it is for the total experience of camping, and it takes us a good 30 minutes to an hour to just pitch the tent then another hour to bring everything into it. In our tent we want a warm cozy place not strewn with extra gear. For that extra gear, the bags, straps and equipment I pitch a second little tent, "the cabana" and that holds our gear(this also keeps the jeep clear too)! The cabana also acts like an extra tent for privacy too. When we go camping we are going to a location to enjoy ourselves, not to make friends with people we don't want to know. Camping is not an exercise to see who can pitch a tent the fastest, camping is an experience to enjoy! If you think I'm nuts, well then...nuts to you! We enjoy our lifestyle and go camping in almost every month of any year for the last 40 years! And for myself I started camping with my pops when I was four so that is over 50 years of camping experience! If you think this is foolishness, then go join those cabin, trailer, and RV forum sites where they just pull into a campground and turn on a TV! Phooey!:D
      Last edited by renodesertfox; 11-25-2010, 08:32 AM.
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Whoa, Fox - he didn't mean it like that, I am sure. Just that each person has different needs. I'd be feeling a bit 'over the top' with a huge cabin tent too. BUT... if I had a wifey and a brood of pups, I'd want one too.
        Heaven help me, I have been thinking of a 'mid size' cabin tent for longer in-place campouts. But it needs to be able to be put up easy by one tired old man...... :D

I sure will not be getting rid of my two and three man tents though. I intend to keep doing more MC camping, and ya can't carry a 12X14 tent on a bike!

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
          ...where they just pull into a campground and turn on a TV! Phooey!:D

That ain't campin'! Those folks would probably call Domino's if they were able.

Comment

Thomo...you are mistaken!

There is but one(1) mod here at camping forums and it is I! I told everyone in "campin plans for Nov/Dec" that I'd be out of town for the weekend. However you forgot to read that one. Beside this last statement that you made, was your 6th moderated post. In the forum rules, everyone has waited to approval during the trial period. Therefore from here on you're free to say whatever you want, short of foul language(cussing), flaming and or attempting to post spam. Those are the only three reasons why a person could become banned from cf! Thank you for sharing your opinion and I too have a life. What am I suppose to do....sit around, endless checking to see if someone(maybe you) will post or say something? Sorry for the delay....I was in Frisco for Thanksgiving and no I don't take a laptop with me everywhere I go! Late this week I'll be gone winter tent camping for 10 days.

Comment

So get those extra 'newbie' posts in before 'the Fox is on the run!" :D

Comment

I apologize also!

Yep, at times I rant too! Anyone who has been on here awhile knows that I can fly off the handle at anytime. I apologize for being blunt too! Even Bigdog, my closest friend has a hard time reigning me in when I bird-dog on something! Hope you stick around, I like your point of view. Let's move-on, enough said!:o

Comment

Re: 2 Tent Questions

Hey gang, sorry for the necropost... I've been out for a while.

Just wanted to tag the thread with the final decision. I went with the Marmot Halo 6. It arrived last week, can't wait to get it into the wild.

Comment

Working...
                  X