New to me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New to me.

We've had three pop ups over the years, and currently own a small hybrid. There are pros and cons to every kind of camping out there, you just have to choose what works best for you. We got rid of our last pop up because we bought our Flex Bow, and, to be honest, the tent sets up in half the time our last pop up did. We got the hybrid because my wife likes the luxuries, but, are now looking at trading it for a teardrop style camper (R-Pod or similar). I'm getting older, been through a lot the last few years, and the physical labors of setting up camp after a hard week at work are taking their toll.

All campers come with needed maintenance, that's just part of it. Of the three pop ups we had, the only leak issues were lazy maintenance related. The canvas on our first, a 1982 Coleman, did eventually start leaking on us, in 1995. We were in our 5th year of ownership, and, I don't know how often the original owners had used it, but, we wore that little camper out! Modern pop ups will last quite a few years, with regular maintenance. I wouldn't worry about the naysayers, just maintain it, and CAMP ON!

Comment

I use a tent when it is just me. I prefer my 4 person tent since I can fit a cot, chair and small table, & a portapotty inside. It is very quick to set up and take down.

When I am with my husband, we use a small travel trailer that isn't much bigger than a large cabin tent. It has a small inside kitchen area, bathroom/shower, and propane heat. No slides, no big entertainment system, no wine bar. Just a place to sleep, eat if rainy, and use the facilities without going to a communal bathroom. The past few years we have camped using a generator for a few hours in the afternoon to charge the battery and if needed to run the AC in the heat of the day so my husband can take a nap. It is a nice, self contained unit. We just need to level it and flip a switch for the water heater. I don't bother with much of anything beyond setting out two chairs by the firepit. I store it in my side yard and use it year round as an extra room.

So, it is nice having two options. One stores in the trunk of my car. The other makes it comfortable for my husband to camp with me.

It looks like you have found a really nice set up that works for you. That is a nice looking pop up.
      Last edited by actad; 04-09-2018, 08:45 PM.
      - Laura
      Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

That's how I use my clipper - no fancy stuff. Heck I don't even have a generator as I won't camp in the heat. Just enough room for Bat-dog, Moose-dog, Dog-bird and me and an occasional guest.
        “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

Originally posted by 05Kingquad700 View Post
          I could shit a gold brick and someone would bitch about the smell. Tent camping sucks cause you have to set up every thing up after your trip to dry out. Pop up sucks because they are a pain. Hard sided trailers sick cause you have to have a place to store them. Class A's suck cause if they break down, you are stranded.
          People will bitch about anything
          Plus there's the fact that you have to wipe the brick clean, which is an unpleasant job, and then the person complaining about the smell probably was not allowed to keep the brick. So, yeah...
          2018: Any way the wind blows; doesn't really matter to me....Too Meee....

Comment

Working...
          X