my new timeout camper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: my new timeout camper

So you sold that little trailer you were pulling with the smart car?? and now you are pulling a bigger trailer with your pick up truck???

Comment

this is the cats meow, the seapine pop-up. heat, hot water, sink, stove, outside stove, outside shower, fridge, awning, a/c, e brakes. sleeps 6 but only for the 2 of us. tons-o-fun or maybe just half a ton more but the ranger pickup tows it with no problems. this weekend were going to oneil park, first trip, rolling hills, trails, oaktrees. excellent park with hot showers and flush toilets. only about 35 miles from home. im just getting out of the 50s and was a scout as a youngster. should be in the 70s deg and clear this weekend. we will be home sunday in time for the big game. how is pa and the weather there?
      all the little timeout offered was a dbl bed platform and unstable as a row boat when setup.
      Last edited by donnyonee; 01-31-2013, 10:41 PM.

Comment

The weather in Pa. right now is cold and getting colder. Was nice in the 50's a couple days ago but right now we are hitting single digets and low teens at night and mid 20's during the day. Not bad except for that damn wind that never stops. Hope you have a nice weekend and I hope the camper works out for you.

Comment

Donnyonee,

Great to see your set-up, and even better to hear you discussing camping spots my wife and I are also eyeing. We're lurking when it comes to a camper (looking at Little Guys, Aliners, you name it... just need to be able to tow it behind our Honda Element), and I'm now trying to figure out good local places we can go. How was O'Neill? It's about five miles from our house, and seems like a great place to "just get away"... even for a night. Was the Toll Road noise a problem?

Another close by place that is perfect while the hills are green would be Caspers off of Ortega Highway (get off the 5 in San Juan Capistrano).

I'm very similar to you in age and experience with camping. For me, "vacations" growing up were backpacking trips in the Sierras. My wife has a tough time with that (bilateral knee surgery after a childhood skiing accident), so this seems like a good compromise.

Bob

Comment

oneil was excellent 75/45 deg, sprinkled little at nite. hot showers and flush toilet all nice and clean. were going again this month sometime. 36 miles door to door. noise was minimal, quiet at nite.
            we took a drive thru casper , nice. saw a coyote and a 1000 squirels.
            we like barton flats, far side of big bear. most likely in march. little cooler at nite but the heater works just fine. i put a extra 20lb propane on the trailer, wont run out of heat now. :-). barton flats has hot showers and flush toilets also and isnt as busy or noisy as next to the lake. also grills on the fire rings, none at oneil but they (oneil) do have bbqs. the lake spots also need reservations on weekends. barton flats has nice big pine trees. 6000 ft? maybe some snow off in the distance mtn tops.
            the timeout was way too small and we love this seapine. very very comfortable.
            i just made a new long 12 v cord to plug in the truck and give us extra power to watch dvds from redbox. 7 in player. old cord died.? trailer has a nice battery but i keep the useage to a minimum so we dont run out, no 12v no heater fan.
            Last edited by donnyonee; 02-04-2013, 09:15 PM. Reason: more

Comment

Re: more camping trips

We honeymooned there 44 years ago. What a great spot to start a marriage off at!

Comment

Great to hear you continued with a little trailer. We are getting ready to winterize our 14ft., but we still use it and bring water for inside use.
                - Laura
                Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Working...
                X