my new timeout camper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my new timeout camper

im a brand new member that wants to camp!
    i just ordered my new and im just so dog-gone excited. can you
    tell? . i ordered the table tripod, the luggage bag both are a pos and a 4 prong plug and white w/o stripe, ill get it wrapped on the sides to match my smart car. the back will be white to show off my decals from where ive been.
    thanks
    don
    Last edited by donnyonee; 06-22-2009, 03:08 PM.

camping at o'neil

heres my camper

Comment

more camping trips

were reserved for big bear camping next week and next month is green valley lake and the next month is lake arrowhead . tons-o-fun!

Comment

Howdy donnyonee,
        Welcome to the camping boards, glad to have you here. Hope your stay is a long and happy one!

PS: Really neat camping package you got going there! Is there room in the auto for maps?
        Last edited by renodesertfox; 05-16-2009, 08:06 AM.
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by vegasdesertfox View Post
          Howdy donnyonee,
          Welcome to the camping boards, glad to have you here. Hope your stay is a long and happy one!
          Donny, What kind of little car is that? And how much does it go for?
          My cooking site!

Comment

its a 2008 smart car, their about $15,000 new.

Comment

its a smart car and sells for 14-17.
              heres some pics at big bear from last week end.

Last edited by donnyonee; 05-19-2009, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by donnyonee View Post
                its a 2008 smart car, their about $15,000 new.
                Can I have your job

And nice pictures mate.
                My cooking site!

Comment

the next will be marinated chicken kabobs with corn/on/cob.

Comment

they is the coolest thing i have ever seen thats great!!

Comment

Re: my new timeout camper

sold the time out and just purchase a 08 coleman seapine, ive got the bug again and anxious as hell!

Comment

Where are the pictures? How does your smart car handle towing the new camper?

Comment

no i use my ranger for towing the seapine

Comment

That is an attractive rig. You could almost say it is cute, but I won't say that. Looks comfortable and efficient and that is the hallmark of smart camping.

What is the mpg of the car without the trailer and with the trailer?

I have a Honda Fit that we use for daily life and for camping. We have a car-top luggage box that we use to help carry gear when we go camping. The box is big and bulky, but it just about doubles the storage/carrying space of the car. The Fit gets about 35 mpg on the highway without the car-top luggage box, but only about 27 mpg with the luggage box, so it goes on the day we pack for camping, and comes off the very day we return.

So, the mileage of the Fit isn't very impressive when I am using the big box, but I figure it is like having a bigger car's mpg, but a bit more storage/carrying space than a bigger car when we go camping. Of course we get better mileage than a bigger car for most of our daily needs, so all in all it is a good compromise and solution to our needs.

Comment

for the timeout and smart we got 40 mpg without and 32 mpg with the trailer, fully loaded to camp. not bad.
                              the time out had nothing inside and the seapine has everything but the toilet. its easy to tow with the ranger and actually mpg didnt change much between haulin butt without and nice and easy with the trailer. its roughly 1750 lbs mt.
                              the smart is good for around town but its definetly not the same ride quality.

Comment

Working...
                              X