Cargo Van as Camper - plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cargo Van as Camper - plan

Those tip up windows are pretty sweet looking. Looks to me though that it is using an air strut rather than a crank mechanism. I would guess it's pretty similar to the slide access doors that you can get on a truck topper.

Comment

I think you're right, timd. I thought the hardware inside the window was a crank, but upon closer inspection of the raised window, that must be a locking mechanism. Wish I was in a position to buy right this minute. Looks like a great van. I think this idea is a keeper. Could have the whole van wide open - even in a thunderstorm.

terasec - where would you suggest for a better potty location?

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Woods View Post
        I think you're right, timd. I thought the hardware inside the window was a crank, but upon closer inspection of the raised window, that must be a locking mechanism. Wish I was in a position to buy right this minute. Looks like a great van. I think this idea is a keeper. Could have the whole van wide open - even in a thunderstorm.

terasec - where would you suggest for a better potty location?
        i dont know,
        just off top of my head,
        under the bed?
        in the closet?
        maybe build a shower enclosure around it? can shower sitting on the potty or remove the potty to shower?
        maybe build a bench seat around the potty? can be used as a seat, flip up the seat and have your potty?
        just some random ideas

Comment

Food for thought, terasec.

Comment

Working...
          X