Cargo Van as Camper - plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cargo Van as Camper - plan

I have an initial plan drawn and would like to post it but it doesn't look like the forum takes pdfs. Didn't find a how to in the FAQ. How can I post it?

Re: Cargo Van as Camper - plan

can you upload the pic/pdf to a sharing site like photobucket?
    we can take a look at it there,
    hopefully one of the more tech savvy members can help

Comment

This will help: http://www.campingforums.com/forum/s...mage-to-a-Post

or if you have a photobucket account like T said just copy & paste the "img" link to and from. Then place your photo in your message where you want it.

Note: I'm moving this thread to small trailers section. In that section you'll find other Campateers who have done the same thing that you are planning. Thanks!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

dropbox or dropsend will work too, thanks HS!
        Last edited by renodesertfox; 03-14-2013, 11:34 AM.

Comment

if you dont have a photobucket acct, while your figuring that out, can email me the file at terasec@yahoo.com,
          and i will post it till you get set up.

Comment

Dropbox requires me to download onto my computer. Can't do it at work. I've tried uploading to photobucket but they also do not take pdfs.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Woods View Post
              Dropbox requires me to download onto my computer. Can't do it at work. I've tried uploading to photobucket but they also do not take pdfs.
              Send me the file and I will try to convert it to a .jpg file

Comment

Same restriction through the forum - no pdfs.

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

little hard to convert but my best try

Comment

That's great, terasec. Thanks for helping me out. Some of the individual letters are missing but it did that when I scanned it here at work. Not sure why, but hopefully you can figure it out. If not, ask away.

Comment

when using a grid,
                      helps to have the grids match a measurement you can use, say each grid being 1 sq ft
                      in applications like openoffice draw you can have the grids as you like say 10x10 grid per sheet of paper
                      does help with measurements
                      and open office draw is a freebie

Comment

nice plans,
                        any changes would be minor and more to personal preferances
                        like the bed, instead of stacking the cushions i would consider using 1 as a full length backrest, when in sofa position,
                        and head pillows can be used as throw pillows. think it would give it a neater appearance.
                        for the counters, i would consider a cover for the cooktop so it can be used as counter space.
                        can also consider a sink with a cover that drains right out the van. sink with cover can also be useable counter space.

Comment

Great plans! Thanks for sharing & you're getting great advice from very good Campateers!

Comment

i would also reconsider location of potty,
                            when parked at a site, you may want those back doors open,
                            for accessing stuff, or on rainy days can sit on the back bumper with doors open and an awning and still enjoy the sights,
                            if entertaining others may not want the potty and personals there in plain sight, just for visual aspects if nothing else

Comment

Thanks again, terasec. It may be hard to see at the top or cut off, but I did write the scale of one square = 6". It's hard to get much detail using the one square as one foot. I'm planning on at least a 5" mattress so I was thinking that with only a 20" sitting space, a 5" backrest (or thicker) might make the sitting space too small. They will both be covered with fabric so I could certainly use it as a backrest if I had company. :o) The stove I'm planning on is a small butane stove like the one shown here: http://www.amazon.com/Camp-Chef-Buta...+camping+stove I was also thinking that a drop down counterspace would be useful while cooking and out of the way when locked up. Plus when in the locked position, it will contain things so they don't go scatter all over when I turn a corner. Same with the sink area.

I was looking on craigslist in Dallas (for the fun of it) for cargo vans for sale and came upon one where the white side panels cranked out like the old awning windows. Would love to do that, preferably with inside screens. Then, even if it's raining, I can vent the kitchen area and the sleeping area on the other side. http://dallas.craigslist.org/mdf/ctd/3677300010.html In closed position, doesn't even look like windows. Thanks for the great ideas. And I love the word "campateers".

Comment

Working...
                              X