Campsite Photos Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campsite Photos Everyone!

Our recent campsite photos with friends near Ocean City Beach, MD. This is our 4th camping trip this summer and we have one more planned before the summer is over.
    Last edited by luv2scrapinva; 08-19-2013, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Luv2scrapinva, more info on that cool audio system please! My photo below: It's "Glamping", I know, but it was a fun two weeks' in July in the everglades...

Last edited by tplife; 09-04-2013, 04:15 PM.
      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

The worse the weather the more people appreciate a big warm tent. I ran a tree planting crew of 30 people once for a month at 7,200 feet in Arizona. Every time it snowed I had lots of company in the Flagstaff Hilton, a canvas wall tent with a thumping wood stove.

Comment

[QUOTE=tplife;29669]Luv2scrapinva, more info on that cool audio system please! It's "Glamping", I know, but it was a fun two weeks' in July in the everglades...

tplife, that lovely sound system was not mine. It belongs to some of the friends who joined us. They said they purchased it on Amazon and it was a battery-operated wireless speaker/PA/Karaoke system. We used it for two nights and it kept its charge wonderfully. I love camping with our friends - everyone always has one new "glamping" item. That was it this summer.

Comment

Here are a few from a trip to the BWCAW (Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness) in northern Minnesota that I took with my brothers and dad last year. This is a fantastic place to visit if you want to get away from it all. Tons of lakes and the only way to access them is by portaging in with canoes. No cars, no motor boats, basically no manmade noise, only nature. And no cell phone service!

Comment

This is the oldest tent I have left, a 7x7 Eureka dome. I've sold off several larger domes because I now prefer 2 person tents. But, somewhere along the line, the major tent manufacturers seem to have stopped putting cloth over the mesh on doors and windows. That's mostly why I keep the Eureka - it's the warmest one I have and it does very well in Fall and Winter. When I get the money to buy a proper 4-season tent, it will probably go up on Craigslist like all the others did.

Last edited by MacGyver; 09-27-2013, 01:56 PM.

Comment

nice setup

Comment

Cub Lake campground, Natchez Trace state park, Tn. Summer 2012.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Cub Lake, Labor Day 2013. The site was massive and private. We weren't on the water this last trip, but it was still a great site.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Little Bennett in Clarksburg, Maryland
                      Attached Files
                      - Laura
                      Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Originally posted by actad View Post
                        Little Bennett in Clarksburg, Maryland
                        That's funny. You come here to camp, and I can't wait to get out your way to go camping. Ever go to Green Ridge or Savage River?

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
                          That's funny. You come here to camp, and I can't wait to get out your way to go camping. Ever go to Green Ridge or Savage River?
                          Never camped in either place. Mostly camp in Ohio or the western part of WV.

Little Bennett is close my mom's place. Got to visit and camp at the same time - win-win.

Didn't realize the stink bug situation was so bad there. Had to be vigilant about zipping up the tent. Beautiful campground, though. It was developed after I moved away, so I wasn't really familiar with it.
                          Last edited by actad; 09-29-2013, 09:35 PM.
                          - Laura
                          Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Little Bennett is open in November!; one of the few campgrounds in driving distance for me that is still open after October.

What campgrounds in Ohio do you recommend?
                            Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

Hi GlitterHiker - AEP lands are open year round, although not all loops are open in winter. We have never been at a loss for a campsite, though. Camping is free - just need to download a pass or pick one up when you get there. This will link to the permits and the maps -http://www.aep.com/environment/conse...nd/permit.aspx Water on site, but will need to dump elsewhere. Since we come in off I77, we use the rest area dump station in Williamstown, WV. There is Underground Railroad history here and The Wilds is nearby if you get the urge to go on a zip line or to see a rhino http://www.thewilds.org/default.aspx

State parks are limited in winter, but Salt Fork is easy to get to and is also off I77 near Cambridge. We like the nearby Pennyroyal Opera House - go early for homestyle cooking http://www.pennyroyaloperahouse.com/pr-maps.html

Another state park that is a favorite is Geneva State Park. Not only is Lake Erie fun, but there is a nice bike trail onsite and wine country ramblings. I bring my kick scooter as it is the best place to scoot.

My daughter works in Ironton, and we often stay at the Wayne National Forest Oak Hill campground. You are near Ohio, WV, and Kentucky here, so lots of day trips to Huntington, WV and Ashland, Kentucky. The local furnaces were used in the Underground Railroad.

We are trying out Coshocton Lake Park next month for the Octoberfest at nearby Roscoe Village and the Canal Boat tour http://www.coshoctonlakepark.com/

Where do you like to camp in Maryland?
                              Last edited by actad; 09-30-2013, 07:58 PM.
                              - Laura

Comment

Larger photo of my avatar. Camping in Johnson Creek, Idaho. A fly-in campground. Pit toilets, hot showers, and free coffee in the morning.

Here is a close up of my camping gear including, get there vehicle, tent, and chair. MRE's not shown. This is at my home base.

Camping at the airport in Oshkosh Wisconsin with 20,000 of my closest friends.

Here is my old vehicle and my old tent. Camping at the airport in Cottage Grove Oregon.

Comment

Working...
                                X