Campsite Photos Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campsite Photos Everyone!

Here is what we saw this weekend. They were about a half mile away from us....I have now seen r turkey, deer, elk, moose. Few years ago I saw a bald eagle grab some fish out of the lake.
    Nights camped in 2019: 24
    Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

very cool! Looks like a game plan for the weekend.

Comment

Last weekend's outing - 2nd trip for the Thule cargo box/class 2 hitch, etc. A good weekend in the mountains at 3500-feet elevation. Lots of extra room for firewood, gear, and another passenger. First batch of s'mores were burned in the pie oven, Cindy forgot her time charts...Only casualty, one generator failed on one of the Colemans, hardly noticeable!

“People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Hi Gang,
          this was taken in the Coconino NF south of Flagstaff AZ. in May of 2012. Time flies when your having fun..... lol.
          Attached Files
          Ride the Rails,
          Trainman

Comment

Great photos everyone, keep 'em coming! Here was our dispersed tent site at Grassy Lake Reservoir(6-26 thru 30, 2013) in western WY! In 2012 I started that stone fire-ring. It was great to see more stones added to it! Did I tell ya I love dispersed camping?

Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
            Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

100 yards to our west was another site suitable for dispersed camping. No one else chose to camp there this year but last year we shared this area with some great motorcycle campers. They were impressed with how much stuff we pack and I was impressed with how little they pack. Since no one claimed this site we had late night fires on the beach here. I apologize for not having any pics of night on the beach, reckon I should, but nighttime is romantic time, 'nough said.

Grassy Lake, WY & Thanks for looking!

Comment

Few years back--we've a much better setup today. :D

Comment

I went camping a few weeks ago with an old friend. To my surprise, he set up an 1980's vintage Eureka Alpine Meadows tent nearly identical to mine.

The Alpine Meadows has been discontinued for several years, so it was quite a coincidence that we should both be using them - especially since both of us have multiple tents we could have chosen from. In the early 1980's, Eureka and much of the camping world was just coming out of the great backpacking era of the 1970's when the mindset was small small small, lightweight, lightweight. Adding what could be perceived as needless luxury by adding another fiberglass pole was a divorce from this mindset and a segway into the big change in the camping industry that eventually brought us the McMansion nylon tents of today with complete disregard for simplicity and conservation of weight and pack size.

It was interesting to note that his tent waterproof coating had deteriorated as mine did (but I have since re-coated my fly). Another great coincidence is that we both brought Coleman single burner stoves AND both of us have Coleman single mantle 229 lanterns! Pretty neat.

Anyway, I think it is a nice scene:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Eureka Timberline tents and Ringo July 2013.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	69751

Comment

Nice shot! Great classic tents, great story too! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Ft Pickens (Pensacola FL)

Florida Caverns (Marianna FL)

Chehaw (Albany GA)
                      Camping photos: https://www.instagram.com/adventure_outside_thebox/
                      Nights under the stars:
                      2013: 8 2014: 6 2015: 12
                      2018: 4 2019: 17 2020: 15

Comment

Fantastic shots sunny! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

My friends have all gone to trailers. I had a popup but got tired of the maintenance and expense of keeping one on the road so I went back to tents. But my back has reminded me that I'm not that young anymore and made it very clear that I am not supposed to sleep on the ground anymore. So this is how I spend a week in the woods:

2x3 lumber and two sheets of sheathing and I'm off the ground. It sets up and breaks down faster than my friends' campers and, as it all fits in the bed of my truck, I can go to sites they can't.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by MacGyver; 04-27-2014, 07:30 PM.

Comment

McGyver, I think you would be more comfortable in a bigger/taller tent with a cot to keep you off the ground. Get a tent with a good storm-proof fly and you can skip the tarps thus saving time, energy, and space
                            Last edited by Mike; 08-06-2013, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              Friend, I think you would be more comfortable in a bigger/taller tent with a cot to keep you off the ground. Get a tent with a good storm-proof fly and you can skip the tarps thus saving time, energy, and space
                              I had to laugh. That's what my friends tell me, too. But when it rains, guess where everyone is? Under my "big top". I've had plenty of larger tents through the years but I realized that I don't do anything but sleep in the tent and didn't need big. I happily sold my 8x10 cabin tent and a 4-man dome in favor of the Kelty in that picture. Even that's been relegated to winter camping only. For anything but cold weather, I'm now in a 2-man REI Half Dome and I love it!

As far as time, energy and space goes, I guess everyone's got their idea of what's too much. I love the adaptability of my setup. I can take my tent out for a two week vacation, or leave the floor behind and throw it in the canoe for an overnight fishing trip.

Comment

Three days of hiking and camping in the White Mountains of NH this week. I camp at a really nice private campground, Lost River Valley Campground. Not having a hot shower at the end of a long sweaty, DEET-slathered hiking day would be a deal breaker for me... This campground is up in the hills about five miles from N. Woodstock/Lincoln, which has tons of restaurants and amenities. But, it's bordered by two mountain streams and very quiet. Well run place.

My campsite this week was literally perched on the bank of a stream. Set back from the parking, with a little bridge over a dry run-off area to get from the car. These were taken shortly after 7 AM with the morning sun filtering thru dense trees. Temps were still in the 40s at that hour....

Comment

Working...
                                X