What are you driving?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What are you driving?!

Nice pics. I love the way you pack your things. Seems just good. Thanks for sharing.
    I've no house in the city, just a camping tent in the wild.

Comment

2000 Cherokee XJ with some mods.

Comment

1994 Suburban
        Attached Files

Comment

First trip out I'll be utilising a Toyota Sierra courtesy of ZipCar.
          Haven't made up my mind for the shorter (5/6 day) trip in August but a Mazda3 hatchback is looking good. Again courtesy of ZipCar, LOL.
          2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
          Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

1999 Subaru Outback. We are fully "loaded". Need a larger rig like a van. Any suggestions?

Click image for larger version

Name:	7265633278_5249549f1d_q.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	69533Click image for larger version

Name:	7265599660_4d3935d476_q.jpg
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	69534
            Visit me at Campward Bound for more camping information.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebait Ranch View Post
              '10 Chevy Cargo van is in.
              When we get it, we are going to have fun fixin' up the inside. It will probably be as "loaded" as BigDog's red two wheeler, givin' us lots of room for whatever.

If i hadn't mentioned it: We wanted an "openness" from the cab to the back of the rig, something a truck w/shell don't offer and a cargo rack to carry kayaks. When it gets all its fixin's put where they belong, I will take pics and show it off.

Anyone interested in buyin' an '07 Dodge, 6 speed manual, 1500 w/shell and lots of bells and whistles?
              I am looking into making a camping van out of a cargo van too. I want openness too. We have 2 kids, so I will leave in the first set of bench seats. There will be plenty of room. We are just in the looking phase. I only put on about 8k a year, so I want to buy a high mileage van.

I am interested to hear what how you will fix up the van. Keep me/us posted!
              sigpic

Comment

I was a kid in the 70's, so if I went the van route, it would at least look like this:

But that's only if I practiced an amazing amount of self-restraint. Which I don't have. So instead, it would probably end up looking like this:

And no, I'm not kidding. I would absolutely rock a 70's custom van. Already have the mustache for it.
                Sleep bug free!
                www.BreezyBrigade.com

Comment

My Mazda5 with a Class I hitch and my LittleGiant camper trailer. I haul my motorcycle to the racetrack and get 28 MPG! Most people at the track are driving trucks and stuff, and getting 15 MPGs. As science/engineer kinda guy, I am drawn to efficiency and versatility, and this has proven to be quite the combination.

Name:	LittleGian02.jpg
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	69537

Name:	LittleGian01.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	69536

Comment

Originally posted by bpirnik View Post
                    My Mazda5 with a Class I hitch and my LittleGiant camper trailer. I haul my motorcycle to the racetrack and get 28 MPG! Most people at the track are driving trucks and stuff, and getting 15 MPGs. As science/engineer kinda guy, I am drawn to efficiency and versatility, and this has proven to be quite the combination.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3576[/ATTACH]
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3575[/ATTACH]
                    I sure like the Little Giant camper. That Mazda 5 is really efficient. I have a 1999 Subaru Outback that gets 23-25 MPG fully loaded driving in the mountains. Around town it's 18-20.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Breezy Brigade View Post
                      I was a kid in the 70's, so if I went the van route, it would at least look like this:

But that's only if I practiced an amazing amount of self-restraint. Which I don't have. So instead, it would probably end up looking like this:

And no, I'm not kidding. I would absolutely rock a 70's custom van. Already have the mustache for it.
                      How about a Scoobie Doo Van? That would rock too! You would have to get the Shaggy look and drop the 'stache
                      sigpic

Comment

Here are a few pics:

Also own a Camaro SS but we dont take that camping.

Comment

Originally posted by markkee View Post
                          How about a Scoobie Doo Van? That would rock too! You would have to get the Shaggy look and drop the 'stache
                          If I could make a living growing hair, I would be set for life. :D So getting to "Shaggy stage" would be no problem. But the 'stache stays. :cool:

(It hides a surgical scar from a skin cancer scare.)

Great, now I'm hungry for a snack!
                          Sleep bug free!
                          www.BreezyBrigade.com

Comment

Grand Cherokee 2001 (WJ) w/Old Town 17' Tandem Kayak and extension carrier, tow hooks, cb radio

Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                            Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Here are ours.

My 2004 F-150

My wife's 2006 Wrangler

Comment

What I'll be driving during my camping trip in Japan next month:

Sleep bug free!
                                www.BreezyBrigade.com

Comment

Working...
                                X