No announcement yet.

Books to enjoy when camping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the Dresden series gets credit for creating a "man oriented" supernatural world. Most other supernatural series tend to cater to boys or women. I've had several male friends call it a good read. I did watch the tv series here and there and it too felt more "man oriented" than others of the genre. As a female, I have more options in the genre, but can appreciate the series.

My big peeve with the supernatural genre is wussy vampires. I don't mind a vampire who has tired of immortality or who does good, but I hate the whiny "poor me I drink blood" and the puffy shirts, etc. The worst was the tv show Moonlight - when the human girl enters his apartment, the vampire shrieks "don't look at me I'm a monster" and hides behind his kitchen counter sucking on his bag of blood. That was just dumb.

“One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

I just got Nevada Barr's Firestorm for my Lassen trip.
      “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

When I'm out of the city, I prefer to read detective stories I don't know why, but my wish is really strong

Comment

Working...
        X