I wanna go camping!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I wanna go camping!

Done...took next Thursday and Friday off to go camping. Now to figure out where.
    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
    – E. B. White

Comment

Originally posted by James. View Post
      Now to figure out where.
      A strong recommendation for outside.

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver View Post
        A strong recommendation for outside.
        At this point outside isn't even a necessity. I just need to get away from work and a trip to a hotel out of town would be a welcome relief.
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

Hey, there.

I'm planning to go camping with my wife at the beginning of June. We still looking for a new campsite as we are planning to spend this weekend without our kids and searching for some quiet relaxing place. I think to make reservation in the Hickory Creek Park near to Dallas. And my wife looking forward to going to the Stewart Creek Park.

Does anyone here have any idea what to choose?

Will be grateful for any advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Richardlodocus View Post
            Hey, there.

I'm planning to go camping with my wife at the beginning of June. We still looking for a new campsite as we are planning to spend this weekend without our kids and searching for some quiet relaxing place. I think to make reservation in the Hickory Creek Park near to Dallas. And my wife looking forward to going to the Stewart Creek Park.

Another new poster slipped past. Sorry Richardlodocus. I am unfimiliar with Texas but maybe there is someone else here that may know.....or, if you are still around and have gone on the trip I would love to hear how it turned out.
            – E. B. White

Comment

The actual reason I came to this thread is that I am quickly getting burned out. I don't want to go camping so much as I want to run away from home. So.....I think it might be time to set a date for that backpacking trip. It will have to be a ways out but at least it will be something to look forward to.
              – E. B. White

Comment

The actual reason I came to this thread is that I am quickly getting burned out. I don't want to go camping so much as I want to run away from home. So.....I think it might be time to set a date for that backpacking trip. It will have to be a ways out but at least it will be something to look forward to.
                to get your fix, can still try to get some field time with day trips, even a quick lunch out in the woods sometimes helps

Comment

Believe me - I understand that feeling all too well. Along with all the normal life trials and tribulations adults have to deal with, I'm working at a job I absolutely love but it's for a guy who is drinking the company down the drain. Every day is a grind and I'm wondering how long I can deal with it before I explode. So, yeah - I also want to run away to get away from it all. And, just like you said, it's going to be a while yet, but my 60th birthday is in October and I've already decided I'm taking the entire week off to go get lost. Right now, the thought of no ringing phones, no driving in insane traffic all day AND not having to deal with an alcoholic, is about the only thing that's keeping me from popping a blood vessel in my brain.

Comment

I've been there!

Now the only things in my way are money and functionality.

Swallowed a crown Sunday night, so have to get a new one put on. I've got good insurance, but we're still looking at a 20% out of pocket cost. Moose-dog's meds are due for refill - got a good price, but it's still $100 for a 4 month supply.

And for some reason my FnR fridge is not cooling. I've been messing with it, but so far no luck. If I can't get it running, I'll have to take the clipper to the coast instead. And I'm worried about it on the longer drive. At least I have the extra coils so that problem won't be an issue.

And I've got to get The Cat to STOP wanting to play at 3:30 - 5-30 am every morning. It's killing me.

Oh and I think it's time to get electrocuted again and get another knee lube job...
                    Last edited by toedtoes; 08-20-2019, 03:03 PM.
                    “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

I camped at Stewart Creek several years ago and I found a very nice place - given that its North Texas without a ton of trees (like I was used to before coming here :mdr:. Unfortunately, I've never been to Hickory Creek. I would also recommend Isle du Bois at Lake Ray Roberts.

Mike

Originally posted by Richardlodocus View Post
                      Hey, there.

Comment

Friday we’re leaving for our annual fall camping trip. I am so excited! Will be Camping at Wahweap Campground we will be taking a day trip from there to the north rim of the Grand Canyon. Then another day trip to Monument Valley. After a few days there we plan to spend a few days at Capital Reef National Park and maybe do some hiking and just relaxing.

I am so ready just to sit around the fire and watch the stars.

Comment

Have a great trip!!!

I've been prepping for a trip to the coast. This will be the first with The Cat. And Moose-dog's hips are starting to fail but his desire is still going strong so I have to balance those, as well as balancing against Bat-dog's abilities. So, it's a bit of an unknown this time out. It will be a good test run for Death Valley later on.
                          “One could not be a successful scientist without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of scientists, a goodly number of scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid.” - James D. Watson

Comment

48 days and counting. That's forever from now - and a whole lot of time to stare at my list, adding and subtracting things, adding and subtracting things, adding and subtracting things... (Only to curse at myself when I finally get out there and discover I still managed to leave something home.)

Comment

I do that alot! I've been finetuning my menu and every time I look at it, I change something. and I have added a bunch of stuff I normally don't bother with - going to cook kabobs on the grill, so adding the metal table; bringing my lo-chairs for sitting on the beach; sun umbrella; etc. Filling up the FnR quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by toedtoes View Post
                                Moose-dog's hips are starting to fail but his desire is still going strong...
                                Do you give him anything? I was giving one of my old dogs rimadyl (sp?), iot worked, but its expensive. I was going to get it from the online people for MUCH less than the vet sold it for, they have to get the scrip from the vet....the vet called, said theyd sell it to me for the same price the online outfit did. So, ask.

Some time later, a different geezer dog, vet prescribed Meloxicam, the people stuff. Its an anti-inflamatory. Instead of a buck or more/day, it was 3-30 packs for $10 (from people RX at walmart), and I gave him a 1/2 per day, so 6 months for $10. It got Stewart though 2 or 3 years of gimpy hip.

Recent dog doesnt need anything regularly, but i have some leftover Meloxicam. I give her a half on days she overachieves for a day or two as needed and it helps noticeably.

Comment

Working...
                                X