• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best Camp Whisky

George Dickel_white label

Comment

You're in the great outdoors, nothing is more synonymous with being in the wild than Wild Turkey. I've never tried it myself, but I've heard the Kentucky Spirit is exceptional.

Comment

Originally posted by Malamute View Post
        I'm SO not a drinker.

I do, however, like this stuff,

Hmm,...cant make the image appear where I wanted it. Its at the bottom.

I was introduced to it in camp in the morning by a friend I was camping with. He suggested a bit in my coffee. After a discussion about "No really, I don't drink stuff like that", and him "really, try it" back and forth, I gave in. Wow! I had no idea whiskey could be good in coffee. Its also good in apple juice or hot chocolate. a bottle lasts me about 6 months, sometimes more. It was very good in coffee when I had pneumonia to clear the crud out of my throat in the morning. Suggestion courtesy of my mom.

Ha ha. Good with green eggs and ham too.

Comment

My favorite camp whisky is fireball. I like how it tastes almost exactly like the candies

Comment

Originally posted by hwc1954 View Post
            Ha. The $150 is just for the empty titanium flask. You have to supply your own beverage to put in it!

In the US, the big dollar campers are all in motorhomes and RVs. I guess that market in Japan is high-end car camping. Snow Peak caters to that market with some gorgeous products. I thought my little Weber portable charcoal grill was pretty fancy, but check out this bad boy:

http://snowpeak.com/products/large-bbq-box-ck-160Scroll down for the pics of it mounted in one of Snow Peak's portable tables, modular design to fit their charcoal grills, their butane burners, their bamboo cutting boards, etc.
            I'll admit to lusting in my heart for that grill but decided that at least for now I'll just add an accessory or two to my fire pit:

http://snowpeak.com/products/firepla...dge-l-st-032gb

Whiskey has never really held any attraction for me but but I do like rum (Gosling is always a nice change of pace) and brandy.
            2017:

July 3 to July 16- annual kiddo trip
            Aug 2 to Aug 14- adult trip to recover from kiddos' outing. Bring on the Campari!

Comment

I'm lusting after the Snow Peak fire pit! What a cool product. Perfect for anyone who camps where there aren't fire rings (or where the fire ring is never in the right place) or for cooking on the camp fire!

Comment

Not quite as fancy as the Snow Peak stuff, but I put together a little Weber charcoal rig that I use for camping. A small charcoal chimney fits down in the plastic charcoal bin. Everything else stores in the grill. The cast iron grates for the Weber are a nice touch! It's been working out really well. Easy to light. Clean to pack up for transport and storage.

Nothing like sipping a little whiskey while grilling a rib eye steak!

Comment

Whisky - Jack Daniels (not my favorite, but I don't feel remorse once its all gone)
                  But if you want a delicious campfire drink, Woodford Bourbon... oh delicious, especially when you add it to some hot coco! mmm
                  Visit www.gearspoke.com for all of your rental needs!

Comment

Working...
                  X