REI Membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: REI Membership

Of course. Buy stuff and get money back. They are fine about not bothering their members. I have been with the outfit since 1969. The annual sale in Seattle was a big deal a long time ago.

Comment

We are members but hardly buy anything there. Their markups are to the extreme and their "sales" still don't get their closeouts anywhere near bargain prices. We do a lot better with seasonal sales at places like Sport Chalet for items either too good to pass up, or not available online new from Ebay.
      “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
      ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

I do REI for some items. Like said earlier, they did modify the return policy. Really mad me made. When we bought his tent, it was, "Bring it back for any reason what so ever. no problem" Then when the pole broke, it was "No, that's not covered." Funny how when you buy something the warranty is one thing, then when you try to use the warranty it is not covered. Not specific to REI, that seems to be the way it is.
        The local REI has the largest supply of dehydrated food I have seen. Plus the selection of "Backpackers Pantry" is awesome and it is a local company.
        Nights camped in 2019: 24
        Nights camped in 2018: 24

Comment

Working...
        X