Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Just signed up yesterday, not sure how the forum works yet, but I see I need to say hello here first.. So here goes...

My name is Tracey, I'm from NJ, I've been camping since I was around 7, and then family illness put camping on the back burner, last year my sister passed away and her last wish was that we start camping again, so this will be year 2 of the great outdoor promise.

Hoping to pick up a few pointers/refreshers throughout the forum.

Comment

Welcome aboard, Tracey! I think it is wonderful not only that your sister insisted on that promise but also that you are carrying it out! There are lots of very knowledgeable and friendly folk here, so feel free to ask or browse around.

Again, welcome to CF!

Comment

Sorry about the loss of your sister but glad to hear that you are keeping her memory alive by honoring her wish. Also cool that she made it.
        “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
        – E. B. White

Comment

My name is Michelle and I stumbled upon this site while hunting for places nearby to camp. Nearby=within a few hours of Outer Banks, NC--Roanoke Island more specifically. I'm married with 3 grown children and one child still at home (high school senior). We also have 3 granddaughters. I've camped off and on for my entire life and 2 years ago decided I wanted to take up backpacking. On two weekends in April and May 2012 my daughter and my 6 year-old granddaughter joined me hiking the Neusiok Trail in Havelock, NC. We completed all 21 miles and had a great time.
          This weekend my husband, who hasn't been able to camp for more than 10 years due to breaking his back, decided we were all going camping! We bought an inexpensive tent (my backpacking tent is too small for two) and bought him an inflatable twin mattress and off we went. We had a great time except for the gnats.
          Anyway, I was happy to find this site since the other site I'm a member of is Whiteblaze dot net and it's basically limited to discussion about hiking the Appalachian Trail.
          Since it's been so long since I've camped I'm hoping to find up-to-date info and advice about new camping gear and good places to tent camp.
          BTW, obxWaMi is the name we use for most any joined site so if you see it any place else you can safely assume it's us. The part obx is for where where we live and Wa is the first two letters of his name, Wayne, and the Mi is the first two letters of min

Comment

Hi all. Glad I join this site. Planning to do a lot of traveling within USA and perhaps some of Canada. I am retired and want to visit just about all the states until they take my driver's license away for being old.. lol.

Comment

Sounds like you've had a terrific re-introduction to camping and hiking. I just took up hiking a little over a year ago, first time I had hiked since the early 1970s.

You should be just coming into nice hiking weather in NC. Summer is pretty hot and muggy, I bet.

That looks like a wonderful trail for hiking. I would love to do some hiking on smooth dirt/sand trails!

Comment

Hello Michelle. Welcome to the forum.
                “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                – E. B. White

Comment

Howdy! Just recently got back into camping and found this site. Years ago, we went tent camping with the kids. We had a Sears Best, Hillary 10x14 canvas tent that we used back then. It is still a good, American made tent that I just gave to a nephew to get him into camping with his family. We now use a Harley Davidson tent, with attached garage for the bike (haven't tried the garage yet). We pull a trailer with our bike, loaded with camping gear. We also have a 22' camper that we bought new in 1998. We only use it on our acreage, and have never pulled it down the road. To me, tent camping is camping. If I pull a camper down the road, with A/C, microwave, etc., I might as well stay home. that isn't experiencing the outdoors. I plan on using this site a lot for the interesting posts and great info.

Comment

Hey everyone! I am a life long camper and web developer from Michigan. Camping around my home in Ann Arbor is okay, but I much prefer the heading up to the upper peninsula in late summer. Anyone else camped up there?

Comment

Hi, I've been camping only a few years, but grew up in the great outdoors. I live in W. Tn, we're close to some great state parks around here. We're the shopping for a new rig process right now. We love to camp as a family and even as just couples once in a while.

Comment

Hi All,

Mike here. Long time guest reader of this forum and newly registered. A native New Yorker here living in the Southeastern US. After 20 years, my wife and I have gotten back into camping, something we have not done since our children were small, but are now enjoying with our youngest (17). Love the posts and comments. Most are helpful, many are pretty funny. Glad to be a part of the conversation.

Happy Camping!!!

anortheastlife (Mike)

Comment

Hi Campateers!
                          I've been a guest of the forum and I decided to finally register!. I live in South Florida and have been camping since I was a kid!. I love to camp at State Parks; my favorites are located in the Florida Keys!. Started camping there in a tent and then upgraded to a Pop up camper 2 years ago; now I'm thinking to upgrade to a bigger trailer or fifth wheel!

Cheers!

anmurlon

Comment

• Re: I live

Hi my name is Heather I am new here just checking things maybe I will be able to get some need info

Comment

Welcome to the forum anmurlon and lilmebeebe.
                              – E. B. White

Comment

Hey guys! I'm much more a forum browser and don't usually post things, but I signed up to try and encourage myself to participate. I just got married this summer and my husband and I love camping! We have a little one on the way now too, and my stepson has never been camping, so there's a whole new realm of adventure waiting for us!

Comment

Working...
                                X