Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Welcome garden_frog!! Hope your stay with us will be long and fancy! Glad you chose campingforums to post your concerns! There be plenty here that will fill your cup, but might have to wait cause everyone is camping!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Hi everyone. Another new member here.
      I currently live in Memphis, TN. Just recently caught the camping bug again after a few years on hiatus.
      I enjoyed camping very much when I was younger with my dad and scouts and later into my 20's.
      Now I'm 30 and I have a 4 year old boy and we have been a hand full of times in the past 2 years. All at our local campground of Big Hill Pound.
      Finally convinced my girlfriend and her 7 year to go and we will be heading to Petit Jean in Arkansas next month.
      Anyways just wanted to introduce my self to you all.
      This forum has a lot of good info. Thanks to everyone for sharing their wisdom.

Comment

• Re: I live

Now figuring out how to post after years of viewing this forum.
        I'm a lifetime camper now living in beautiful Kentucky where we have some great hiking trails just minutes from our door. I've enjoyed all kinds of camping over the years from carrying my stuff six miles into the woods, sleeping in my SUV, tents, pop up, travel trailer, or motor home. It's all good to be out under the stars or cooking that meal out in the open air. My favorite kind of camping would be tent camping. I like to be close to the sounds of the outdoors. We often find ourselves camping in the woods next to our house. We can spend a three or four day week end there only entering the house for the bathroom or to retrieve something from the fridge.
        It's great to be here with you all.

Comment

• Re: Just want to say hi.

Welcome JohnB & CMPR1966, you'll be a great additions to our growing camping family!

Comment

Hi there,i am Louis from china.nice to know you all.

Comment

Hello all!! I not new to camping.... but coming back to it after almost 20 years!! Camped a lot back in the 80's and early 90's, but stopped when we got a little more cash and moved to hotels!! Well now years later, and kids along fro the ride,[ 6 and 10 years old] we figured we would give it another shot!!! Reading and learning how its changed over the years.

Comment

Hi!

My name is Minda. I am 25 years old student from Lithuania, currently studying entrepreneurship in Australia. Camping was always one of my passions

Comment

Hey, fellow campateers!

I'm Tessa Blue, and I'm addicted to camping. (Is there a rehab program for that?) I think I'd rather be outside than anywhere. I'm older than dirt and plan on tent camping till my old, tired knees give out and I cannot crawl into the tent anymore. (Hopefully that won't be too soon - I still have some miles to go!)

This looks like a great forum and I look forward to getting to know everyone here.

Tessa

Comment

Tessa,

I haven't heard of a rehab program, but welcome to one of the best support groups you could ask for.

Dan
                    www.MuttShopProducts.com
                    http://www.facebook.com/MuttShopProducts
                    https://twitter.com/MuttShop

Comment

Hey GardenFrog...I live in WNY too. What have you found in the way of secluded camping spots? I'd love to know.

Comment

Hi campers,

I'm new here. My husband and I (50-something) currently live in Belize but are planning to move back to the US as soon as we can sell our condo. It's nice here, but it's a very small country, and we want to do a lot more traveling. We've managed to see almost the entire country in just a year here. Domestic travel is easier for us now than international, since we have a dog.

Our current plans for when we return to the US are to take on a DIY van conversion (my husband is very handy) and do car camping. We want to carry four bikes, a take-apart tandem kayak, plus other gear. We're planning a platform bed (above the bikes), as well as an outdoor screen room where we'll spend most of our time, but we'd just as soon not sleep on the ground if we can avoid it.

We're relatively new to camping although we did own a primitive camping cabin in the NC mountains many years ago where we'd escape to on weekends. Our future plans include touring all over the US and camping, hiking, bicycling, and kayaking where possible. We love the outdoors and birding.

Glad to find this forum as we have much to learn!

Comment

I'm Yehudah and I am 26 years and a seller of camping gear and a beginner in outdoor camping i am here to learn more about camping and outdoor stuff like backpacking and more

Thanks

Comment

Hey guys, Jason here.

I'm 29 years old and currently live in Winston-Salem, North Carolina (but I'm open to relocation if they money is right!) I have a beautiful girlfriend that I intend to marry once I can afford to give her the wedding that she deserves. She makes me laugh, and puts up with my crap, which can be a heavy load to bear at times.

I had camped a couple times as a kid but until recently I hadn't really set foot into the great outdoors. I have always enjoyed everything nature had to offer I just never really took advantage of it as an adult. Boy was I missing out!

This whole outdoorsy thing sort of happened by chance. One day I realized I needed a hobby. My original plan was to start brewing my own beer, so I sunk a lot of money into a homemade kegerator and starting doing research on equipment and what I needed for an all grain kegging set up. (I'm sort of a go big or go home type of dude)

About 3 weeks into doing research, and about 3 seconds prior to pulling the trigger on purchasing brew kettles, mash/lauter tuns, hot liquor tanks, kegs, pumps, burners, and all sorts of ridiculous things, I realized that the only person that was going to enjoy this hobby was me. I felt so selfish and stupid that I was totally leaving out the most important thing in my life - my girlfriend. I decided to try and find something both of us could enjoy, but I was totally stumped.

By chance, while drunk-surfing the internet one night, I was looking at fishing poles (Reason unknown since I don't really get a chance to fish as much as I'd like to) and I accidentally clicked on an REI banner ad instead of my intended target link.

To make a long story short, all of the money I had saved for this expensive homebrew hobby went toward some of the best times my girlfriend and I have had. Spent in the great outdoors, away from all of the crap life throws at you. Something we both could enjoy.

I had no idea what REI was at the time, but it was the best mis-click I've ever made. Since then we've been on a few camping trips. Some awesome, some that made me want to return all my gear, but we managed to make it through all of it together.

I'm hooked now. I officially have the itch. We just got back from an awesome trip in Georgia but I'm already dying to get back out. I'd really like to go more minimalist and try some backpacking but I'm not sure if "the boss" is ready to trade in her car camping luxuries like a 4 person tent with an air mattress and 2 burner camp stove for a backpack, hammock, and an alcohol stove that I made out of a soda can, you know? (lol)

Anyway, I'm happy just being outdoors. I'm so glad I decided to invest in something we both ending up loving instead of stinking up the garage just so I can have 5 gallons of homebrew once every 5 or so weeks. (I know, it still sounds delicious to me too but that's not the point)

Also, I'll be looking forward to that REI dividend check in March, lol.

Comment

Hello, new to the forum and look forward to being a member. I have enjoyed camping of all kinds ever since I was a Boy Scout many years ago !

Comment

Welcome paulhs! The best thing I can tell you is to jump in with both feet! Find some subject that interests you and speak up! Remember that your first 6 posts are moderated but we are a very easy bunch of campateers here! It'll be great to read and hear about your experiences as well! Post up, glad you're here and want to chat camping! That's all we do!

Comment

Working...
                                X