Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Hi all! My name is Tom, I'm from southern Indiana. I'm married, 2 kids, and have 4 dogs!!! I'm new to camping even though I grew up in the country. My parents didn't take me camping as a kid, but my wife went all the time when she was young. At least one of us knows something, LOL. Just found this place and thought I could learn a lot and share a little.

Tom

Comment

I have posted a few times here already but I thought I would introduce myself. I used to canoe and kayak camp quite a bit but then drifted away with the birth of my two boys and the end of my marriage. My girl friend encouraged me to start camping with my boys again at mountain bike races last year, but she herself, did not like camping. Well one thing led to another, we got married and she discovered that she liked camping. I have now returned to camping, but unlike many here who are trying to reduce the amount of kit they take, I seem to be taking more and more. I am often carrying gear for both tent camping and mountain bike racing at the same time.

I am looking to share where I can and learn from you folks.

jhat

Comment

Welcome jhat! Wouldn't worry about taking the kitchen sink to go camping! I do the same....better to have it & not need it than to need it and not have it! If I pack it in, I'll always pack it out!
        Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
        Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

New here from Southeastern Utah, just a man and his dog; however, I have lived in MI, TN and FL as well as a few foreign countries.

For many years, I tent camped, but last year, I jumped to a Flagstaff 228BH. Still have the tent so I can go to those places that most cannot go, but the trailer does have a 4" lift, dual batteries and dual propane tanks so I can disperse camp for a fairly long time, and I can tow it into some lonely places with my H3.

So, I am far from being an expert on trailers, but I am slowly learning (have towed some larger trailers so I am familiar with towing). I do know southeastern Utah quite well; having run almost every 4x4 trail in the area; hiked quite a few of the trails, and have camped in some very out of the way places in the desert and in the Lasal Mountains.

My hobbies include off-roading (Hummer H3 and yes, it can off-road as well as any jeep I have ever owned); photography (Nikon) and shooting (primarily handguns since I used to teach a course in defensive handgun; but I do have a few Weatherby rifles for fun).

Comment

hey everyone i'm dave. i currently live in central kentucky and have been an outdoorsman most of my life.

my current camping activities included both campgrounds and primitive camping using kayaks

Comment

Welcome F5Moab & Dave! There is always another log to pull up at this campfire!

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm a lifelong camper that has moved more to car (tent) camping the last several years. Most of my trips are to a nearby National forest and my 2 favorite FS campgrounds, Gunner Pool and Blanchard springs.

Most of my trips are just me and a German short hair pointer named Jasper. Come the end of September we'll be back at Gunner Pool for 10 days of relaxation. :D

Comment

• Re: I live

Hi! I'm mountaincheeseduck (I'm originally from Wyoming, hubby is from Minnesota and we live in Wisconsin- thus the name). We have three children. We have both been camping our whole lives, and started out with a tent our first ten years of marriage. We have had a Coleman pop-up for nearly ten years now (I have to check if its a Laramie or Cheyenne). We mostly do local camping weekends, but have taken a couple long trips- one to the Missouri/Kentucky area, and last year to Yellowstone/Tetons. I'm excited about this forum because we have not been able to go camping nearly enough this summer, and I'm hoping this helps keep my brain happy thinking about camping even if I can't go very much.

Comment

Hello everyone. Growing up my dad would often take my brothers and I camping but that was a long time ago. I have been camping once in the last 20 years but reciently the fire has been rekindled and I desperately want to go camping. In fact I have already started to plan what will be the first of many camping trips. Unfortunately I am almost starting from scratch with gear. (I tailgate at the Arizona Cardinals games every year so there are some things)

Anyway, I am here looking for some ideas and knowledge. Seems like a good place with good people.
                    “I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority.”
                    – E. B. White

Comment

• Re: I live

hi im bb and i live in california up north

Comment

Hello! My name is Jenn. I'm a stay at home mom to 6 kiddos ages 6-9. We home school, race bmx, and love to camp! I have a wonderful husband who supports all of our crazy adventures. I look forward to learning from some of the veteran members here.

Comment

Welcome Smokeater, Mountaincheeseduck,James, rjkgr and AndersonRanch! We all hope your stay with us will be a long & continued camping journey!

Comment

Welcome Jenn! Sounds like you combine a lot of fun.
                            - Laura
                            Coleman Dome/Instant Cabin Tents, Kamprite IPS, Shasta Oasis 18ft Travel Trailer

Comment

Originally posted by actad View Post
                              Welcome Jenn! Sounds like you combine a lot of fun.

Thank you! We try. Lol

Comment

Hi, I'm new to CF, although I found it one evening while searching the web for tent camping websites. I've enjoyed reading through a lot of the posts; some have even brought smiles, chuckles, and laughs. I enjoy reading about different places to visit and camp, and also tips and ideas. My family has a six-person tent and we were able to purchase a 21-foot camper-trailer. Being a homeschool mom, I encouraged my hubby to take our three kids camping for their "Daddy-time" since I had them 24 hours a day, 365 days a year!! If it was a family outing, I would go along. I now absolutely love camping, whether in a tent or the camper!! Our kids are now in college, so camping is limited for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                                X