Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I live

Hi, I'm marchenland. I live in SLC, Utah. I work as a tech writer for a major corporation and like to camp to release the stress of that. I sometimes camp with my boyfriend and our dogs; I also go camping alone (well, with the dogs) occasionally, which is an exercise in reclaiming and exercising my own abilities.

I'm very into music (worked as a goth / 80s radio and club DJ for over 20 years), photography, SF/geek culture, and nature. Which, I know, sounds like a bunch of contradictions in terms, ha ha. The first thing I do after I set up camp is put the dogs on their tie-outs (with water), put up a hammock, and blast music in my headphones to get centered!

I prefer primitive camping, and avoid campgrounds.

Comment

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Welcome to our little group! Seems everyone is itichin to get campin! I know I am! And you are too! Looking forward to hearing more from you! There are plenty of single female tent campers here! You'll fit in fine! Sometimes your bf just might want to register as well! Thanks for joining!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Howdy guys, I live up in N. Idaho. Camping in the mountains is one of our favorite pastimes. =)

Comment

Hello everyone. New here. Just signed up last night. I used to camp a bit as a kid and now with a family of my own, we've been getting back into it. My wife and son are excited to go camping in the great outdoors.

Comment

Hi everyone, thanks for this wonderful place to share camping with others. We decided on the simplicity of tent camping to unplug from life for a bit.

We look forward to finding out more and more as we read through the shared information.

btw... we're in south Alabama.

Comment

Hello, everone just an old Texan here I hang my hat on the Texas Gulf Coast when I am not camping. I just ran across this thread I have already made a few posts so thought I should post here and say hello. My wife and I are retired and now camp & travel in a 5th wheel. I have been camping most of my live and love camping. Started tent camping with my family as a kid and with the Boy Scouts worked up to the 5th wheel a few years before retiring. I know that some think that you arn't camping unless its in a tent but the main thing is to be out in the mountains or on a river. Really just any place you can enjoy nature and all the Beautiful plants, mountains, rivers, lakes and wildlife that God has put on this good earth for us to enjoy.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Hello from OHIO! My name is Michele. I am a self employed mom of two who LOVES TO CAMP! I recently went through a divorce and while I got the house he got the travel trailer and tow vehicle. I decided NOT to let that stop my passion though. I recently went on a buying spree and restocked all my gear and went to a tent instead of trailer. I have found I LOVE IT EVEN MORE!!! Have already been out 3 nights this season and plan on many more trips this year. I look forward to reading all the great tent tips I can on here.

Comment

Welcome to all the new members! We all hope that your stay with us will be a long and happy camping journey! Thank you for taking the time to become a campateer! Remember that your first 4-6 threads or posts are moderated before they will show up in the forum pages. After that you will be left alone and to speak your mind as you please without offending your fellow campers! Enjoy! And thanks for your chatting about your camping experience!!!!

Comment

New here and new to camping. (well we have done a bit of RV'ing) Planning a trip with some friends who are more experienced campers this summer. Together we have 5 kids 6 & under. Should be interesting!

Looking forward to getting some great advice and suggestions on this forum

Comment

Hi, my name is Chris and I live in southern North Carolina (near Charlotte). I used to camp as a kid semi-frequently as a scout (cub scouts all the way to boy scouts) and loved it, but havn't been in years. I'm about to be 30 and my girl just had her 30th birthday and she has always reminisced to me how she used to go kayaking and other outdoorsy things when she was younger. Anyways we're both kind of out of shape/overweight and I have been trying to find a good way to get back in shape doing something we could enjoy... together. That's why I'm here, I thought "why not camping?". I am already picturing myself backpacking mountain trails over long days, bicycling trails, and other fun stuff and then hitting the camp site after a long exhausting day to sleep under the stars.

Of course reality set in and I realized I will need all kinds of equipment/gear, some sort of training (or just a brushing up on old skills!), and most importantly, the time off of my busy IT job to make it happen! So that's where you guys come in (at least for the first two), I am hoping at least. I need some advice on where to start! I have been on sites like REI.com looking at gear, browsing these forums for the most of the day (slow work day), and am kind of overwhelmed. What kind of cost am I looking at to realistically get the two of us started? I want to experience tent camping, so a two man tent should suffice. Need some basic cooking utensils, and even though I want to do it as a backpacker I will need some sort of contingency plan since my girlfriend has epilepsy and also right now we're both a bit out of shape and might not be ready to tackle a day of backpacking.

Anyways, any input is appreciated. Also should I move this/make a new thread in the forum to get more views? I realize this is basically just a meet and greet thread. Much thanks!

-Chris in NC-

Comment

Welcome aboard.New here too. I've found a lot of useful information here.

Comment

Ameigh, welcome to the campfire! For your concerns, start a thread with a few important questions. Those will lead to more questions, then you might just be as confused(heehee) as many of us! Thanks for sharin and looking forward to learning some from you too!

Comment

i've only walked into sites maybe one time, years ago. but luckily i know of a lot of "drive-in" places that are really nice & not crowded.

Comment

Hello all!
                                My name is Josh, and I live in the gorgeous mountains of Western North Carolina, which means I am never more than an hour's drive or so away from spectacular camping and hiking. My dad and I did lots of tent camping and hiking when I was a kid, but since then my camping experience has been limited to living out of my tent and truck at an RV park and in several friends' back yards for a few months due to some unfortunate circumstances. I recently upgraded to an Amateur Extra class amateur radio license and I've got lots of low power portable gear designed specifically for hiking and camping, so I'm anxious to get out into the hills and give it a go. I would eventually like to work my way up to doing dispersed solo backpacking, but for now I'll stick to the hike-in sites with a nice pretty fire ring and concrete pad I'm very glad to have found this forum and I look forward to exchanging ideas and info with everyone!

P.S. Two of my heroes are Daniel Carter Beard and Horace Kephart. Kephart's books on the Smokies and on "wildcraft" have been extremely inspirational to me in my everyday life as well as my desire to acquire the skills to be self-sufficient in the wilderness. If you haven't read his books I highly recommend them, and they are available free from pretty much every e-Format vendor so you have no excuse!

Comment

Working...
                                X