Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I live

I'm Kevin and I'm trying to get back into camping at least once in a while. I was a Scout as a kid from age 8-18 and backpacked all over SE and central Texas, even making one great adventure to the Tetons, hiking and camping along the way.
    I then became an adult Scout leader even before having kids and saw my 2 boys all the way through the Scout years (currently 35 years total and counting). We also did quite a bit of family camping, but drifted away from it as the boys got out of Scouting.
    I certainly don't know everything but more than willing to share what I've learned over the years.

Comment

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Hi, my name is Rich. I live in Orlando,Fl. That's when I'm not on the road driving a truck. It's been a few years since I last had time to go Camping, but I am looking to get back into the woods. I love getting away from the craziness of life and find a quiet peaceful place in the woods to relax and enjoy life. I'm planning on building up my camping gear again and will appreciate the advice I will get on new innovations in today's camping gear. Thank you all in advance for any help you can give me.

Comment

Hi, I'm new! From SC!

Comment

Welcome all new campateers! Let's chat camping!
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Welcome to the boards, all you new people. Get to posting!
            Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

Welcome, new people!
              Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

Hey all!
                Jack from Ca. 51 years old been camping on/off all my life. Wanting to get back into tent camping with my dog and maybe throw in a little fishing to.
                Jack
                Thrift store tent
                Marmot Tungsten 4p

Comment

Hello and thank you for the welcome! My wife and myself reside in Western New York south of Buffalo. Still tolerating winter but am looking forward to an outdoor kind of summer. We bought a Jaco Swift last year and used it a few times before bad weather set in. Its a small unit but serves the needs of 2 very well!

Comment

Tolerating winter? Pff! That is the best time to go campering. So get to it!
                    Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

Just discovered this site and haven't had a much time to browse it, but looks great so far. My family and I are from Mid Michigan and spend the entire summer camping. Started in a pop up when my boys, now 17 and 15, were small. We now camp in a fifth wheel we bought new in 2004. Looking forward to checking out all of the threads, and chatting with fellow campers on a variety of subjects. Ron

Comment

California, New York and Michigan... welcome to everybody!
                        Sleep bug free!
                        www.BreezyBrigade.com

Comment

Hi everyone! We are Michigan campers ready for the 2012 season. Love the idea of this website so we thought we would sign up. We have been camping for 15 years together and just bought our first travel trailer for this season. Looks like this will be a great place to get camping ideas and talk about camping in general. See you in the forums or maybe at the campsite!

Comment

Hi everyone. I've been living in Wisconsin for the last 10 years. I love camping but I'm embarrassed to say I've really only stayed in car in site type campgrounds.

Well, I'm ready to change that this year, I want to go primitive. Just me a friend, our backpacks and a quiet fire at night, maybe some fishing during the day.

Excited to look around the forum and meet some of you.

Comment

Hello everyone! New to the forum as of today!! It feels great to say that! I'm 24 and from sunny california! I'm an avid camper, and fisher, and pretty much everything else you can do outdoors i love as well. Thank you for having me on this forum, i can't wait to look around and see what exciting and fun posts i can stumble upon
                              Canvas Tarps

Comment

HI folks. I'm new here as well. I'll be retiring in another month. The wife and I are looking forward to doing some sightseeing road trips that we've put off too long, and have decided to camp along the way most of the time to minimize expenses. We've camped a few times over the past 30 years, and in various ways (tents, rental popups, borrowed motorhome, etc.) but not enough to call ourselves real campers, nor to figure out how we really want to do it on a more frequent basis. Initially we plan to go "minimalist' and just sleep in the back of our Jeep Grand Cherokee. We'll see how it goes! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X