Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Hello everybody, I just registered. My name is Bill and I live in upstate New York (around Lake Ontario). I just turned 21, and am working towards a career in Game Design. I have never went on a camping/backpacking/hiking trip before, but it is something I would love to do in the near future. I just want to have a chance to enjoy nature. First things first, I have to save up some money to get the necessary gear. Money is scarce for me so I can't go buying gear that is stupidly expensive (I saw sleeping bags for like, $200 +) (WHAT IN THE WORLD?!). Anyway. Hello everyone!

Comment

Hello to all of the new people! It is great to have you with us.

There are great deals to be found on camping gear on Amazon, Ebay, and Craigslist. You might want to use an outdoors retailer to figure out exactly what you want, then order it online.
      Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

hello guys, I'm erika, new here, I think this forum can help me a lot, me and my friends are planning to camp and i think this forum really help us, because most of us are first timer.

Comment

Hello everyone. The name's Jeff. I live in Ashland, Ohio. I'm 30 and my fiance is 34. We have 3 kids. A boy turning 5 in March, a 10 year old girl, and a 14 year old boy. We love being outdoors when the weather is nice, but rarely make it there:( I work A LOT in the summer and fall, but am vowing to find the time to go camping this year with the family. I'm hoping that some fellow Ohioans will chime in with some great tent camping/hiking spots that aren't overrun by the public. We're looking for something a little more "out there". Thanks in advance to any information given.

Comment

I'm Aeryn, and I have resolved to teach myself to tent camp this year. Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning and having GREAT discussions.
            I posted in a couple of other threads a couple of days ago, but those comments and questions are still in moderation limbo! Hopefully they'll be up soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeryn View Post
              I'm Aeryn, and I have resolved to teach myself to tent camp this year. Looking forward to meeting everyone and learning and having GREAT discussions.
              I posted in a couple of other threads a couple of days ago, but those comments and questions are still in moderation limbo! Hopefully they'll be up soon.

Welcome. I am an avid tent camper. A bit of a minimalist though, but if you hate lugging stuff you don't need around, then you will be too.
              Nights spent outdoors this year: I lost track

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, Shadow.
                I am by no means a minimalist and am intending to start by car camping, but I bought my tent with an eye towards being able to carry it in a pack sometime if I decide to try backpacking.

Comment

Welcome to the best camping boards by far! Glad you're patience is thick. Just two more moderated posts and you'll be considered golden and can speak your mind without moderation. Hope your stay with us will be a long and happy camping chat journal...one that you'll be proud to own!
                  Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                  Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Welcome, everyone! I am always glad to see the boards growing because it means I am about to learn some new things.
                      Nights spent outside in 2012: 4

Life is a verb.

Comment

Originally posted by immortal_ben View Post
                        Welcome, everyone! I am always glad to see the boards growing because it means I am about to learn some new things.

Ha! I'm sure I can teach you what NOT to do! :o
                        I will hopefully also be able to entertain everyone with stories after I finally begin taking trips!

Comment

Hi everyone! I'm Troy from Oak Lawn, IL. I joined since, while I've pretty much camped back before I got married and had my three kids, it's only recently that we started camping as a family, and I'm looking for a place where I can ask questions and get some suggestions on camping in general and, of course, get my kids really interested in camping.

Comment

Think I managed to psot a bit without even seeing this to say hello. Hi everyone, Im tim, just had to postpone what was going to be my first camping trip of the year, hoping to go next weekend, been waiting all winter for it

Comment

• Re: I live

Hi and thanks for welcoming me onto Camping Forums...

Comment

• Re: I live

Hi All,

My name is Greg and I live in rural southern Indiana. I enjoy motorcycling and camping and really enjoy combining the two. Hopefully I can learn a lot and also provide valuable input

Comment

Working...
                                X