Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Hi, I am usually always out camping but the snow here has been pretty deep and has made it hard to get around. I have been camping as long as I can remember all through my childhood and during my military service, the great outdoors has been something that I have always loved. After I was discharged from the military I went to work as an RV Technician, this provided me with the opportunity to meet a lot of great people and what they considered camping. One thing I have learned is that no matter how people camp, camping always makes them better people. I also have to admit that what I once considered fun and part of the adventure isn’t as appealing as it once was. I don’t know if I have become soft or just smarter. A few months ago I purchased a New Timberline Range Camp and have really enjoyed it especially the warmth of the wood burning stove on the cold days we have been having. I am looking forward to spring so that I can leave for the peace and serenity of the mountain, and leave the valleys below, but for now I will have to be content with the beauty and quietness of winter. Oh well it will give me the opportunity to enjoy this forum.

Comment

• Re: Rookie to this forum, pro at camping.

Howdy Campingman and welcome to the forum! Winter this year has been pretty tough on everyone and we're happy that when you're not camping that your here among friends! Just remember that your first 4-6 threads or posts are moderated. Thanks for signing up!
      Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
      Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Re: Rookie to this forum, pro at camping.

Can't have to many friends. I think I am going to head out on the desert snows not as deep, but it is colder. However I can do some exploring, and I just upgraded my cell phone, so I hope I can still read and participate on your forum. Thanks for the welcome

Comment

• Re: I live

Hello everyone, brand new here and looking to make friends. We are a married couple with 2 children and just bought our first camper ( both of us are prior camper kids lol) Anywho, we just picked up a 29' 2006 flagstaff with a slide and is pulled with a 1987 GMC suburban 2500 with a 454. The kids are very excited about getting camping and SOOON.

Comment

Hi, My name is Varsey, screen name rashashea and my husband and I have 2 beautiful girls ages 9 and 13. We live in Kentucky about 10 minutes from Mammoth Cave National Park. My husband grew up camping and was an Eagle Scout. All of his fondest childhood memories revolved around those things. So we have decided to take the money we have saved up to go to Disney World and use it instead to buy an RV. We are going to look at them today. My girls are so excited! They love the lakes and nature. We have always tent camped in the past but I have to admit I am pretty spoiled to the air conditioner at night, LoL so that is why we decided on an RV, we also want to be able to pull our jet skis. I have been lurking a little and have already learned some tips so I am looking forward to meeting you all on here.
            Hope everyone has a Blessed Day,
            Varsey

Comment

Hello folks,
              New people here from Alberta in Canada. We've never camped as a family before and we have 3 kids, 11 yr old girl, 4 year old boy and a 4 month old girl. Looking forward to getting out this summer with the family and will have plenty of questions to ask

Comment

Hi! I am new here also. We are empty nesters, well sort of, we have our DGC as often as we can. We have both camped on and off during our adult lives and when we started camping we had tents, several of them over time, and that worked but there is no where to go when it rains all day. LOL So we bought a small 1978 Starcraft pup and it worked great but DH found a huge 1974 Starcraft and bought it, sold the small one. We used that one for lots of years and loved it. As we aged a bit we wanted more comforts so bought a new pup, a 2004 Flagstaff 625D, had the shower/pottie combo. I was such an improvement but not the same style of camping in my opinion. Anyway we failed to think about the fact that our children were no longer camping with us as of that summer and it was a lot of work to set it up and load everything in and out of it. DH got overheated one HOT summer day while setting up and we headed to the dealership the next day and traded it off for a new 2005 Kodiak 236 hybrid. I just simply fell in love with that camper. We finished that season and used it the next season before DH decided it was too much work to set up and wanted a TT. I was devistated but I wasn't the one doing most of the work so we went looking and ordered a new 2008 Puma 27RLS. It was a beautiful tt but just wasn't camping. We used it 2 1/2 seasons and ordered a new 2011 Shamrock 23SS hybrid. DH didn't like the weight of the TT and it didn't work out well as DGD wouldn't sleep on the couch so DH ended up on it. He rethought the hybrid and decided it was by far the best choice and DGD and I were so excited. She will now sleep on her own bunk and just loves it once again. I am thrilled and am looking forward to a great season with it. We stay pretty close to home most of the time but also make a couple trips to Branson to Silver Dollar City every year and to GA to visit our 2 DGC there when we can. Glad to have found your forum and look forward to getting to know everyone. I am a stay at home grandma and DH is retired USAF and now owns his own home repair/renovation business.

Comment

Hello to all those who wish the weather would break so we could spend time away from pavement.
                  I am Mike from Pocatello, Id (2 hrs south of Yellowstone).
                  Thanks for allowing me to be part of your group.
                  FlashLantern turns your flashlight into a lantern!

Comment

Hi! I'm fairly new to camping. This must sound goofy, but up until last year I thought there were only two kinds of camping: backpacking or RVs. When I found out about car camping, it changed my life! It was a revelation that I could sleep outdoors, enjoy nature, but not have to carry my gear for miles to get there.

Gosh, I've had a ball over the past couple of months buying gear, finding parks, forests, private campgrounds to visit. I love outdoor sports, so I use tent/car camping as a base to hike, bike, or sightsee. I've found that I can spend more time playing outdoors in nature because I can drive for an hour (or four, as needed) -- hike or bike. Then camp nearby. Get up and do it again on Sunday, then drive home.

Tent/car camping and spending much more time in nature has had such a positive impact on my life and my health.

I've been lurking on several hike/bike/backpack forums for months and feel ready to register and post. I've learned a lot here, and everyone here seems so nice.
                    Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

New here too. Greg & Peggy White from NC. We own property in Va mnts for people to ENJOY. WE would like to invite primitive campers near or far, to enjoy natures best. No it's not a nudist colony, lol. Just ruff camping at is funnest. Our biggest two weekends are Mem & Labor, but we camp there AAAAALLLLLLLL summer. Ten minutes from the BRP, local sites, mnts music, and even a walmart ten minutes away.We are near Hillsville,Va for anyone interested in getting aaway for the weekend, to a QUIET, serene, secluded place. Happy camping, G&P.

Comment

Hi everyone!

I am an avid backcountry tripper, usually alone. But that is the way I prefer. :cool:

I have lived all over Canada, currently living in Manitoba.

Comment

I joined this a couple of months ago -- but, I don't think I ever posted in this thread.

I am a life long camper. My wife grew-up never leaving home of more than a day. she has adapted very well, and loves it as well. We have 3 kids -- now 12, 10, and 7. We travel in a Quad cab Dodge 1500 with a travel trailer. I grew-up camping in a pickup camper (1st home made, later a purchased one - Dreamer brand, is that still around). My wife and I started-out with a tent, got a TINY fold-out at a garage sale, then a hybrid unit (when the 2nd kid came along), and now more recently a fully hard-sided TT.

We love the outdoors, and try to stay active. As older parents (I'm now 46), it is a constant challenge to keep up with the kids. But, worth it. We love to bike, and always take along all 5 bicycles.
                          Our Rig....
                          2012 Ford F-150 Crew-Cab Truck w/Ecoboost (just purchased, new photo soon)
                          Nomad Joey 246 Travel Trailer, 24ft, 3 bunks, Queen, no slides, no foldouts - Floorplan
                          RempRack Pickup Bed Bike Rack (5 bikes)
                          sigpic
                          Camping and Biking with Family! The BEST!

Comment

Thank you all who have recently posted up a hoot n' howdy! Howdy back! Thanks for joining CF! Our knowledge base is growing and I want to thank everyone who is chiming in on a regular basis! Glad you're here when you're not camping!
                            Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                            Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

HowDo from the Ohio River Valley USA. Welcome aboard.
                              We are just learning our way around Ontario.
                              And, have kin in B.C.

Comment

Welcome my Friend. You'll enjoy it here.

Comment

Working...
                                X