Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just wanted to drop a line and say hello. I work for an Outdoor retailer and have access to the some of the best equipment available at a great price!

I know alot about the gear that we sell and if you have any questions feel free to ask. I will give a list of my gear so that if anyone is thinking about buying what I have they can ask me about it!

Tents - MSR Hubba Hubba (maybe the Easton Kilo soon)

Packs - Gregory Z55, Gregory Palisade 80

Boots - Vasque Switchback GTX Shoes - Solomon XA PRO 3D Ultra GTX

Water Filtration - MSR MiniWorks EX

Sleeping Pad - Thermarest Prolite and Prolite Plus

Bags - Mountain Hardwear Thermic Micro 45 and 30

Jackets - Patagonia Rainshadow (summer) Arc'Teryx Beta AR (winter)

Thats all I can think of right now. If you have any questions let me know, and I hope to get alot of info from this forum!

Comment

• New To The Site

New to the site and very excited about what I see so far. My family and I live in Tampa, FL and we have been tent camping around the state for over 5 years now. Looking for other families in Florida who like to camp and just wanting to be a part of a community to give us new ideas and places to visit.

Thanks,
      The Tampa Pirate

Comment

• Hi all. I'm new here from Oregon. I've enjoyed lurking around here and reading the posts and looking at all the images.

Comment

• Welcome backyard_camper!
          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Re: I live

My name is Dave, I live in Albany NY area. I have been camping mostly with my wife for the last 9 years. We currently have a 2002 coleman pop-up but before last year we did all our camping in tents. As a kid I went camping with my uncle in Idaho near Cour'd Alene I think the place was called emerald lake or something like that. My wife and I take our kids camping every year to Cape Cod and it is a family vacation with her folks, cousins, and sisters. We usually have 4 - 5 sites near each other and spend a week during the summer out there. The pop up sure has made it easy to take the kids along.

Comment

Hello every one,

Been looking at this site for a while figured i would go ahead and make it official and say hello.

Comment

• Re: Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Joe Davis...welcome to the forum! Glad you bellied up and posted a desire to learn more about camping! There a ton of good stuff here...some penned by me, but mostly from other better campers. It's true that we can learn from one another!

Comment

Hello,

Jimmy here found your forum and like the vast info here.
                  I live in Az now Army vet thinking of getting away from it all,really tired of the cities. I have thought of doing this for years but havent been able too so I have started looking on internet and researching abit. Not sure when i will head out but I am about 98% sure it is going to happen within a yr. Cant deal with rat race any longer.

TY,
                  Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Davis View Post
                    Hello every one,

Been looking at this site for a while figured i would go ahead and make it official and say hello.
                    Welcome! As you will read from others, this is an awesome group and you are welcome to jump in any time.
                    Chuck
                    So. Oregon
                    TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
                    TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
                    SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

I've spent a little time looking around the forum, and it seems like there is a great group of people here. Hopefully I will be able to add something to the discussion. I'm from Arkansas, and I spend as much time as possible camping. Usually camping is my secondary goal to something like rock climbing or backpacking. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here. I'll see you around the boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanttogetaway68 View Post
                        Hello,

Jimmy here found your forum and like the vast info here.
                        I live in Az now Army vet thinking of getting away from it all,really tired of the cities. I have thought of doing this for years but havent been able too so I have started looking on internet and researching abit. Not sure when i will head out but I am about 98% sure it is going to happen within a yr. Cant deal with rat race any longer.

TY,
                        Jimmy
                        Welcome aboard! Hopefully you brought your bugout bag and that nice Eureka tent your uncle Sam gave you! BTW, no use for those 30-rounders in your sock drawer, send them over and I'll get you some nice warm socks instead. :cool:
                        “People have such a love for the truth that when they happen to love something else, they want it to be the truth; and because they do not wish to be proven wrong, they refuse to be shown their mistake. And so, they end up hating the truth for the sake of the object which they have come to love instead of the truth.”
                        ―Augustine of Hippo, Fifth Century A.D.

Comment

Thank you for the nice welcome! We are in the process of purchasing our first 5th wheel and looking forward to travel in a big way. Personally I have not camped since I was a little kid, and that was a loooong time ago, and only in a tent. We are in our early 60's and have done a lot of horse showing, so pulling a trailer is not a big deal.
                          I need tips on what is needed for comfy camping, and terrific places to visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                            ...........Usually camping is my secondary goal to something like rock climbing or backpacking. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here. I'll see you around the boards.
                            My wife and I will be in the southern states in April, one of the legs of our counterclockwise trek around the USA. As a backpacker, do you have any outstanding trails you would recommend for us NOT TO MISS as we go through Arkansas?
                            Chuck
                            So. Oregon
                            TRAIL NAME:Billy's Buddy
                            TRAIL POUNDER:Backcountry/higher elevations of Trinity, Marble, Siskiyou, and Cascade Mountains
                            SHARE TRAIL WITH:Billy Bob (llama), Squeaky (Dog), and sometimes with Susan (Partner/wife/friend)

Comment

Hello hello from Wilmington, NC. Planning a camping trip this summer with my GF, and wanted to get a little more incite on things!

Comment

Welcome mta....glad you're decided to camp here when you're not camping there!

Comment

Working...
                                X