Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Registered w/CampinForums.com: Say Hello Here First!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy RebeccaG and wanna b outside! Everyone here hopes that your stay with us will be a long and happy camping experience! Chime in on any subject that you feel compelled to chat about, or start something new! Thanks for taking the time to become a campateer!
    Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
    Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

• Saying Hello

My name is Tammy and I'm married with 4 kids, but I'm a little late getting my oldest into camping (he's 18 and isn't interested). Unfortunately, my husband isn't interested either, but I grew up camping and I decided it's time I share my childhood love with my kids- with or without my man along! So I'm starting back up, and I'm taking my 13, 10 and 3 year old. We only do tent camping with no amenities and love it. We're about to go on our 3rd trip this summer. I know I'll pick up lots of useful tips on here!
      Thanks,
      Tammy

Comment

• Originally posted by Tammydz View Post
        My name is Tammy and I'm married with 4 kids, but I'm a little late getting my oldest into camping (he's 18 and isn't interested). Unfortunately, my husband isn't interested either, but I grew up camping and I decided it's time I share my childhood love with my kids- with or without my man along! So I'm starting back up, and I'm taking my 13, 10 and 3 year old. We only do tent camping with no amenities and love it. We're about to go on our 3rd trip this summer. I know I'll pick up lots of useful tips on here!
        Thanks,
        Tammy
        Hi Tammy; Great decision. Take your pick. But, take a child camping,
        hiking, kayaking, fishing or hunting.
        Most importantly. Get em outside and comfortable with nature.
        Glad to say a How Do to Ya'lll. Denny

Comment

• I am here!! Thank you so much RDF and JohnJohn for helping me get here. My DH and I used to camp years ago with our girls (tent camping) then we bought a class c - which we loved. We've been out of it for several years and are wanting to get back to it again with our grandson. I have been looking around here for several days and have read a lot! I appreciate all of the info shared, and hopefully will be talking about our adventures with our grandson soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by Loucinda View Post
            I am here!! Thank you so much RDF and JohnJohn for helping me get here. My DH and I used to camp years ago with our girls (tent camping) then we bought a class c - which we loved. We've been out of it for several years and are wanting to get back to it again with our grandson. I have been looking around here for several days and have read a lot! I appreciate all of the info shared, and hopefully will be talking about our adventures with our grandson soon!
            Welcome to the forum.
            JohnJohn
            ---------
            Forum Admin

Comment

• Hello all. My husband and I have two grown children and one grandchild.

I grew up in a family with seven kids, so the only vacations we had every year were tent camping. We always camped with friends of my parents in huge canvas tents -- one tent for my parents and the food, the other for us kids -- and I am convinced that these mothers were the inverters of "glamping".

My father would have to make about seven or eight trips with the huge station wagon to bring all our mattresses and a couple of dressers to the campsite. Other mothers had sofas, loveseats, and coffee tables. One of the mom's even hung photos with glass and frames. Every year they tried to outdo each other and it was pretty crazy. If you're in a canvas tent and can't tell you're in a tent, there's way too much crap in there.

The mattresses were placed on saw horses. Each bed was made up like home with either a bedspread or a comforter, dust ruffle and pillow shams. Even though each of us kids had a sleeping bag, my mother insisted that we sleep on the "beds", so us kids would spread our bags out on the beds. None of us kids wanted to spend our time making beds while camping.

My siblings and I loved camping! It was so much fun! -- as long as we stayed away from my mother, otherwise she'd make us do chores.

My husband and I ended up trying out camping more due to finances than a real desire to do so. And we are so glad that we did. Tent camping is as much fun as I remember -- in fact, it's even better since we don't camp with all the stuff that my mom used to make us take. :D
              "Why is it inflationary if the people keep their own money and spend it the way they want to and it's not inflationary if the government takes it and spends it the way it wants to?"
              ~ Ronald Reagan, June 11, 1981

Comment

• New guy

Hello all. Im will and just found the site while looking for DIY power supply stuff on google. Ive looked around a bit and so far like all the info and stories on here. Looking forward to meeting folks and trading ideas. Glad to be here and happy camping!!

Comment

• New member from the NW

I'm a husband and dad of 3 (all ages 7 and under), not including a Lab Retriever who thinks she's one of the kids. My family and I have not done a ton of camping yet, although I did grow up doing it at least once or twice a year with my parents.

Last year we took our first family car camping trip with some good friends who are very experienced car campers with a family of equal size. 10 days at Cape Disappointment State Park in WA State and we loved every minute of it! We went back again this year with the same friends for 13 days and found it a tad bit long, almost entirely due to the poor weather we got stuck with during the middle of it. All said and done, though, we're definitely hooked on car camping. Some backpacking camping trips might be in the future with one or more of the kids (and the dog) as they get older.

Our gear as of right now is:
                  Honda Odyssey (for the family)
                  4' x 8' Harbor Freight Tools utility trailer (for the gear)
                  The North Face Trailhead 8 tent
                  13' x 13' screen house (for the table, and all the gear in plastic locking totes)
                  Coleman white gas lantern (1950's or 1960's era, I believe)
                  Stove (need to buy a replacement)

I look forward to learning from many of your experiences with places to go, methods of doing stuff, and gear to get it done with. :D

Comment

• Hi, folks. My username is Christn2000 but I just go by Chris. I'm 60yrs old, single, live in SW Tennessee near Memphis on 2 1/2 acres in rural area. I don't get to camp as much as I did in years past, but I own a tiny piece of property in north central Arkansas at the Spring River. That's where I do my camping(tent) these days.

Comment

• Howdy Campateers...welcome to the forum! Glad you decided to hang with us here when you're not out there campin'. Gettin into the last week or so of August and lots of folks are campin as I wish I was. We all hope that your stay with us will be a long and happy continued journey in the best recreational sport there is! Let's see, that's Chris, SirLancelot,Firerescue and surmisez thanks for pulling up a log and sittin' a spell!

Comment

• Hi everyone

My name is Allen, I am 19 years old. I have grown up camping, it is a major part of my life. I have a great interest in nature and survival. I live in Alabama, there's a pretty good amount of woods around here, so I usually have somewhere to go camping. I am glad I finally found a good site where I feel at home.

Comment

• Welcome to the forums....glad you pulled up a log and filled some us old-timers in on your history! I hope that your stay with us will a long and happy journey in campin chat and that when you're not campin in the wilderness your campin here!

Comment

• Originally posted by Firerescue314 View Post
                            Hello all. Im will and just found the site while looking for DIY power supply stuff on google. Ive looked around a bit and so far like all the info and stories on here. Looking forward to meeting folks and trading ideas. Glad to be here and happy camping!!
                            HowDo from the Ohio River Valley.
                            Sounds as if you are what here, is known as a first responder.
                            Nice place. Nice folks these.
                            Grab a kayak paddle-flyrod-lounge chair or cup of coffee and join in.
                            Denny

Comment

• Saying Hello...

We're just your average suburban family of four campers (my wife Darlene, daughters Kayla, 19, and Kari, 17) who never tire of getting "out there".

Our modes of accommodation have changed over the years (some call it getting soft), from plain old tenting to now being on our second trailer (25 foot ultralite).

Both Darlene and I are in healthcare in our hospital's dept. of Radiology (she's an R.N. and I'm a Radiation Technologist). Kayla is starting second year university and Kari grade 12.

We've had a great summer camping around Alberta (Slake Lake, Cross Lake and Fish Lake by Nordegg). Excellent weather for all three weeks. Got some great photos of owl, osprey, bald eagle, deer and bear; did some challenging biking.

Thanks for letting me in! Take care.

Comment

• Welcome to the campfire! Glad you're with us, jump in anytime and share your $0.02, it's gold in these parts!

Comment

Working...
                                X