X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Camping pet peeves

1. Loud motorcycles
    2. Unsupervised Children
    3. Pets - Leave them at home. Trust me, no one likes your pet except you. It's a painful truth that no one is going to tell you to your face.
    4. Car Locks/Alarms (chirp! chirp-chirp!)
    5. Washers Game - PLUNK...PLUNK...PLUNK....PLUNK....PLUNK... Really?
    6. Helpless/Needy/Borrowing Neighbors
    7. Nosey/Overly Friendly People
    8. Drunks - Especially strangers who pass out in a chair in my campsite and are found by my children in the morning (not kidding).
    9. Facilities hogs/Tag-team showers - There is a line, people -- I don't care if you're related or not!
    10. Proud Nudists - Dude, I know we're all males, but I just really don't want to see you shaving buck naked in front of the sink at the public restroom. Yes, definitely one of the reasons why I constantly supervise my children.
    11. Flirting/Hookin' Up - First of all, I'm not that good looking, especially when camping (and showering less frequently than usual). Second, I'm camping with my kids and wearing a rather thick wedding band...y'know...because I AM MARRIED. Go to a bar. Use an online dating service. This has actually happened to me 3 times. Ego boost? Sure, but...awkward...
    Nights camping in 2012: 2

"Doors marked pull reduce the speed of those who push before they read."
    READ THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL!

Comment

Originally posted by Internetpilot View Post
      8. Drunks - Especially strangers who pass out in a chair in my campsite and are found by my children in the morning (not kidding).
      OMG! I don't know what I would've done if I woke to see that in my campsite :(
      Total nights sleeping outdoors in 2013: 28

Comment

The one that really bothers me...yeah...the proud nudists...we get those guy on Submarines to...I mean really! PUT A TOWEL AROUND YOURSELF! WE DON'T NEED TO SEE IT!
        2012 - Nights spent in the back country: 12

Comment

Originally posted by GlitterHiker View Post
          OMG! I don't know what I would've done if I woke to see that in my campsite :(
          Yes, and it was a woman. When I woke her up, she was still blitzed, defensive, and wanted to know what the "@#$%" I was doing in her campsite. Unlike the three other women in her party, she actually went up to the public restroom to puke up her alcohol, but then just miscalculated where "home" was on the way back. Apparently at least one of them puked up the inside of one of their tents quite nicely.

#8 and #11 happened this same weekend -- the second night of drinking, two of these ladies decided to go on the prowl. I felt like I was back in high school with the bad 80's lines they were using.

Comment

Originally posted by busere View Post
            The one that really bothers me...yeah...the proud nudists...we get those guy on Submarines to...I mean really! PUT A TOWEL AROUND YOURSELF! WE DON'T NEED TO SEE IT!
            My "favorite" is when you get two of them, just chit-chatting away while buck naked. Just when you think, "Oh, they probably know each other or are group camping together" when they leave the restroom they head to opposite areas of the campground! That's what I always do -- strip naked and then carry on a conversation with a complete stranger. Hello?!

Comment

Wow...that's just wrong. Really, Realy wrong.

Comment

Where I live and camp..... Bears....

Naturally litter and all the rest as well. AND... People should have the common decency to respect the fact that other people are nearby.
                Happy Trails!

IK

http://www.everything-about-camping.com

Comment

On Thursday night when I was camping I heard someone shouting something about "If you think Im playing around you just wait!" I then heard a car door slam and a screech of tires peeling out. this was kinda annoying to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Awtted View Post
                    On Thursday night when I was camping I heard someone shouting something about "If you think Im playing around you just wait!" I then heard a car door slam and a screech of tires peeling out. this was kinda annoying to me.
                    I'd be more worried about where they went and what and/or who they were coming back with to prove they weren't playing around!

Comment

I agree that all of these issues are bothersome.. they are to me as well. But reading them sure makes some of them seem a whole lot funnier!!!

I am constantly amazed at some people's lack of respect for others though... this thread helps to solidify that opinion.
                      Happy Trails!

IK

http://www.everything-about-camping.com

Comment

my bigest pet peeve is having people i don't know walking through my campsite.

Comment

brewmandan welcome! I agree 100%! I usually say to them something like: "Hey, you don't see me walking through your site why do ya think it's okay to walk through mine?"
                          Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                          Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by renodesertfox View Post
                            brewmandan welcome! I agree 100%! I usually say to them something like: "Hey, you don't see me walking through your site why do ya think it's okay to walk through mine?"
                            thanks for the welcome. sometimes i say something to them and sometimes i don't. it's a common sense thing, though; they ought to be considerate to other people's campsites.

Comment

Here's one that just happened on this last backpacking trip. We found our campsite near one of the shelters on the AT...as we were setting our tents up, a guy from a diffrent hiking group walked into our camp site and started collecting fire wood to take back to their site. I looked at the guy and asked, "Can I help you?!" in an anoied voice. He replied, "Nope, I can carry it all back by my self, but thanks for the offer." Yeap...CLULESS people...that's one of my biggest pet peeves.

Comment

Busere, did ya politely remind him that the wood belonged to you and would sell it to him for $10.00 a stick? With that my friend, you just gotta say to yourself: "Can't fix stupid!"
                                Last edited by renodesertfox; 05-21-2012, 01:33 PM.
                                Get campin', Renodesertfox A canvas campateer
                                Campin' Here Between Campouts! Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
                                X